That mandatory "Share Your Art" -thread

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I'd never guessed... The closest to that I got that he is thinking about Red Riding Hood fairy tale :)

Haha. Yeah guess it doesnt convey too well without being present in the seminar. Well got some extra points for it, so Im happy. I really hate talking in front of the class.

Boneraker

Veteran
Steam Username
Boneraker
Cyanide Username
Boneraker
Country Flag
Thank you. :) Im glad I found painting as my hobby again, had many years I dropped it completely.

I'm the same with music. I used to play in metal bands but when I grew up I just lost the motivation. Mostly because of the people involved - haha. I've been wanting to get back into it lately but do something a little more progressive.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I'm the same with music. I used to play in metal bands but when I grew up I just lost the motivation. Mostly because of the people involved - haha. I've been wanting to get back into it lately but do something a little more progressive.

Ive been listening to lot of progressive rock and hybrid rock from Youtube.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Demons dancing
Goblins dancing
Nameless blobs won't be laughing

We did this!
This why we exist!
And in my miiiiiiind - the coin flips and sticks!
-------------------------

Took me bit over two hours.

y2OSbas.jpg

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I do like the Planet/Moon in the background, I dont like the very brutal contrast between the faraway buildings and the mountains. The very black against the grey looks to me like the black part with the buildings are layered on top without much thought and it does not help me to percieve the perspective. In particular the right blob under the twin peaks looks out of place.

Another thing I like is goblins on patrol, but I do think that the picture would function better if they where placed closer in our view and cutting more of the midsection away. Perhaps remove the trees right behind them and let the village (if it is that) be more in focus.

By the way I have read a billion comics or almost ;) So I only tell what I would like from a panel in a comic - hope you can cope with it:)

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Another thing I like is goblins on patrol, but I do think that the picture would function better if they where placed closer in our view and cutting more of the midsection away. Perhaps remove the trees right behind them and let the village (if it is that) be more in focus.

By the way I have read a billion comics or almost ;) So I only tell what I would like from a panel in a comic - hope you can cope with it:)

Yea comic panels definately focuses on one specific thing, so it might make you feel like that. Scene concepts tend to show as much as they can, and if something has to be left vague - then there might be some placeholders (like when they plan scenes during movie production).

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Tried to learn new techniques that I picked up from Chinese artist called Wei Feng. Pretty much watery brushstrokes, "Wet-on-dry" feel to it and finally photoshopped textures on top.

Took me more than 6 hours, and fully painted from reference. Another Witcher work... but I love that world so much. :)
cuEpnvy.jpg

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
ZI5UrB3.jpg

Finally got myself around making some kind of team art for the blog. Took Blood Bowl 2 promo picture, photoshopped it into very blocky form and then painted on top to get my own brush work into it. Also tried to make team colors like they are in the game.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
After long time of not painting anything proper, finally took my time and finished something. Worked on this almost full 6 hours.

Jsf3Q8g.jpg

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Spent few hours on making new art for myself to use in Twitch.

G8RsYS4.jpg

dTUsmnl.jpg