Rules Old player returning to the game

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
What's up guys? I doubt any of you remembers me, but I used to frequent this place around 2011-2012, when I played a lot of Blood Bowl in my old university town. Long story short, I quit the game when I moved and haven't played much since, but it looks like I've finally gathered enough interest around my new home town in order to start a small local league.

I'm just very confused about the rules these days. What are the newest rules? Can they be found online?

And what about rosters? Is Bretonnia official now, since they are in BB2?

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
If your playing tabletop it's probably best to use the new TT rules. Not sure if you are aware, but there has been a TT reboot and there is a whole new range of models and a slightly new ruleset.

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
If your playing tabletop it's probably best to use the new TT rules. Not sure if you are aware, but there has been a TT reboot and there is a whole new range of models and a slightly new ruleset.

Yes, of that I'm aware. The new rulebook confuses me though - what's the difference between the rulebook in the base set and "Death Zone"?

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Sorry I'll tap out here as I don't play TT anymore or own the new book. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
It is a bit of a mess. Strictly speaking the new TT rules consist of

the rule book from the game
Death zone 1
Errata (GW website)
Teams of Legend (GW Website)
Various White Dwarves
Various pitches/models.
Dugout App

However the vast majority of the new rules are optional so if it is your own league then you can make the decisions as to what to include.

Luckily the NAF have looked at this and issued some guidelines. This is basically CRP with some tweaks to fit with the new rules. So nothing from WD, the app or from models.

http://www.thenaf.net/2016/11/from-crp-to-bb2016/
http://www.thenaf.net/2016/11/from-crp-to-bb2016/
I would start here and then add the optional rules in later if you want when you have a better idea of how you want your league to run.

Cold fenris

Rookie
Country Flag
Yes, of that I'm aware. The new rulebook confuses me though - what's the difference between the rulebook in the base set and "Death Zone"?
The basic rule rule book contain rules for playing the game plus human and orc teams. Death zone contain dwarfs, Skaven and 4 type of elves team. It also contains the rules for league play and player progression. Hope this helps

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
If you know CRP there aren't many changes to the base game. Just be aware that there are some additional teams and stuff out there that someone may ask about.

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
If you know CRP there aren't many changes to the base game. Just be aware that there are some additional teams and stuff out there that someone may ask about.

Duly noted. Are there any more rosters than the "old" 24, sans Slann? I know Bretonnia is part of Cyanide's game, but afaik, they're not in the TT game - right?

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Duly noted. Are there any more rosters than the "old" 24, sans Slann? I know Bretonnia is part of Cyanide's game, but afaik, they're not in the TT game - right?

Brets, Khorne, Simian and Slann aren't in. But in your league there is no reason to not add them if you want. Upto date rules are available at the NAF I think.

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Brets, Khorne, Simian and Slann aren't in. But in your league there is no reason to not add them if you want. Upto date rules are available at the NAF I think.

The league is all-newbie aside me, so Khorne/Slann/Simian/Brets probably aren't relevant anyway. Thanks so much for the info! :)

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
Duly noted. Are there any more rosters than the "old" 24, sans Slann?
Andy Hoare, the guy behind BB at GW nowadays, has said that he's happy for people to keep playing Slann, hence why they're still allowable (in fact, mandatory) at NAF events.
For "reasons" GW won't be releasing a Slann roster, but it now seems likely a "Kislev Circus" team (coming to BB2 at some point) will also make it's TT debut from GW at some point, which is basically just a reskinned Slann roster.

Khorne, Simian and Bret are all house-rule only, and from what GW have said so far, they have no intention of adding Khorne or Bret, despite them being in BB1/BB2.