Not open for further replies.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Claw always claw. The difference between a rat team that has claw mb and one that doesn't is night and day and with agi 4 it should be relatively easy to feed him tds to get the next level up. The agi 4 will be useful for getting him out of danger when he fails to get a knock down and just generally.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
@Street wouldn't I need another double (strip ball, dauntless or tackle) to make wrestle a reliable offensive choice? Or we're you thinking of another use?

Diresickfish has it summed up pretty well, it's great with a second double but still good on its own, you can try -2d blitz into cages with him to hopefully at least push them back a square.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
Doubles on a Dark Elf Runner. It's his first level up. I have one guard on the team, and one Blitzer with +MA and dodge. No other special rolls on the team. I'm thinking about taking Guard on this guy and turning him into a defensive/utility player (block, dodge, maybe Kick). I can use my MA 8 blodging Blitzer as a carrier for now and develop a carrying/throwing Runner later when I have cash to get one.

Is there anything else I should be considering for this player? Should I skip the double and just build him as a Dump Off Passer?

jounisii

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jounisii
Country Flag
Doubles on a Dark Elf Runner. It's his first level up. I have one guard on the team, and one Blitzer with +MA and dodge. No other special rolls on the team. I'm thinking about taking Guard on this guy and turning him into a defensive/utility player (block, dodge, maybe Kick). I can use my MA 8 blodging Blitzer as a carrier for now and develop a carrying/throwing Runner later when I have cash to get one.

Is there anything else I should be considering for this player? Should I skip the double and just build him as a Dump Off Passer?

You could go the very long road to make him a proper passer and take strong arm. Guard is good tho. If he has the ball, it's easier to release him from tags. + other benefits...

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
You could go the very long road to make him a proper passer and take strong arm. Guard is good tho. If he has the ball, it's easier to release him from tags. + other benefits...
That's a good thought, but there are some downsides. He's only AV7, so the odds of him making it high levels are low. And since he doesn't have Throw yet and Dark Elves don't have any natural catchers, farming SPP is going to hard. On the other hand, if I do want a "pure" thrower build, it'll be easier to do it on this guy, since he has the double now, and I won't have to hope for a double later to get Strong Arm.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
That's a good thought, but there are some downsides. He's only AV7, so the odds of him making it high levels are low. And since he doesn't have Throw yet and Dark Elves don't have any natural catchers, farming SPP is going to hard. On the other hand, if I do want a "pure" thrower build, it'll be easier to do it on this guy, since he has the double now, and I won't have to hope for a double later to get Strong Arm.
Depends on you style of play. If you want to do anything more than quick passes then go the passing route (strong arm), but if you favour the running game then Guard is probably more useful.

My wood elf blodge/guard/leader thrower (with -MA) has been v.useful on occasions, and i tend to run the ball rather than pass it.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Diresickfish has it summed up pretty well, it's great with a second double but still good on its own, you can try -2d blitz into cages with him to hopefully at least push them back a square.
Hehe, I've gone from choosing between Block and Sure Hands on this skink to now thinking about Dirty Player and seriously considering Wrestle. You guys were meant to help me make the decision, not double my options! :D

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag

Skip it. AV7 and no protection skills means he's just going to get injured immidiatly when he tries to give assists. I had a -AV Block Guard line elf I fired because he simply couldn't stay on the field long enough to be of any use.

Strong arm is the only other option, and that's only good if he gets another 3-4 other skills for passing. Go Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, NoS, or Pass for a first skill. All make him much better at his job -now- and if you get doubles later in his lifetime then he can be the long bomb passer.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Hehe, I've gone from choosing between Block and Sure Hands on this skink to now thinking about Dirty Player and seriously considering Wrestle. You guys were meant to help me make the decision, not double my options! :D

I'd stick with the standard options and save the DP and wrestle for later when you have the basics.
I would go for block for the 1st double that way you are still spreading the SPP around rather than having a dedicated ballcarrier/scorer.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
I had a pure passing runner in the OCC1, but I wouldn't take Strong Arm as the first skill. In my case I had pass and dodge before I took it. If you want to use him defensively, I would go Guard and then take dodge and block as his next two skills, then sure hands.

DeBonic

Rookie
Country Flag
Witch elf 9ma blodge rolled double 5s. I've been using her as my primary carrier on offense, and a surfer on defense. Juggs, MB, or defensive skills like SS, fend or guard to help with knocking marks off her? Currently she's my only witch elf. I have only one guard elf who also has MB.

jounisii

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jounisii
Country Flag
I'd go for the MA in this case for sure. Just makes her a longer threat and gives a chance to make her a real 1turning possibility as well.

Edit: Wait, she has MA9 already? HMMMMM. MB then.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Witch elf 9ma blodge rolled double 5s. I've been using her as my primary carrier on offense, and a surfer on defense. Juggs, MB, or defensive skills like SS, fend or guard to help with knocking marks off her? Currently she's my only witch elf. I have only one guard elf who also has MB.

Normally MB on Witchelf doubles, then finish off with tackle (or Piling on if a second double is rolled)

But with having block and move 9 and using her a lot as a surfer, juggernaut does move up slightly as an option since it increases your amount of pushes. Leaves tackle or MB as the soft final skill.

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
I'd like to run a couple past the group think-tank for my Munch Cup woodies. I don't think it makes much of a difference but here's the roster, very bare-bones!

WD: +Str, MB, Frenzy
WD: Rookie
Catcher: Rookie
Lino: Wrodge
Lino: Guard
Lino: Rookie
Lino: -MA

First, a simple one - my guard lino rolled another double. Not much to talk about here, he's just getting dodge unless anyone can think of another good pick (although in a warped way i'm a little tempted to give him sidestep now, he'll die quickly but be a right pain before it happens).

Now the real question, my +STR, MB, frenzy dancer rolled a normal. I think it's probably sidestep? Tackle, strip and fend are the other obvious picks that I can see, but he already has frenzy, rarely gets worse than a 2D on carriers and I have so few players to protect him that it feels I should maximise what he can do rather than spending the skill purely to protect. The team is obviously rubbish if he does die but I think we're in a situation of trying to win this MC rather than future tournaments being realistic.

Last edited:

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
Dodge is good but I'd probably go Block first on the Guard elf. He's going to be in traffic and block always works while dodge only usually works. I get that you want to be able to reposition him. But killers will have tackle anyway, and he's an amazing player for them to focus.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Now the real question, my +STR, MB, frenzy dancer rolled a normal. I think it's probably sidestep?

Barring stats and the like you should always try for sidestep as third skill on a dancer, so it's a good pick here, especially since you might also spend some time near the sidelines.
(Sidestep is a protective skill, but it can also help you mess up your opponents plans)

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Block or dodge on a guard lineelf generally depends on the skills of your opponents.
If your wardancer can't be hit they are going to target the only guard.
So if most teams have a couple of tacklers then block is better.
If there is not much tackle around then take dodge as it helps you more on your turn.
Sidestep on the dancer seems good.

The Dude

Veteran
Country Flag
Got a 3 rr MM skaven team with a couple gutter levels. Currently have 2 SV one with claw one with claw mb, a block thrower, block lino, guard lino and 5 rookies (1 thrower 4 linos). The gutters: one has blodgestep, one has wrodge and the other two levelled with normals, one with block and mv 10 already and the other just wrestle. I am aware of the complete lack of tackle! (and kick he died) so I could see taking tackle on the wrestle gutter but am leaning towards strip ball first because it can be a game changer. I do play the mv 10 guy on defense and intend to keep doing so but I'm still super tempted by sprint as I've never had a natural 1 turner and it sounds like lotsa fun.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I like to play MA 10 gutters on defense AND give them sprint - MA 13 is very powerful in normal game situations as well as one turners, but then I play skaven with a sizeable bench, if you don;t have that you might be best off benching him. Tackle on the wrestle gutter would be my kick, its not quite as good as strip for popping the ball but more generally useful and in any case when you pop the ball with a strip but don't down the BC recovery is usually very difficult unless you have agi 5 or sh or something.

The Dude

Veteran
Country Flag
I have 15 players atm :p (one is MNG i'm aiming for 14 not more). Yeah I'm thinking sprint so you didn't have to twist my arm much! My thinking with strip ball first is that both wrestlers are aiming for wrackle dauntless/wrestle strip dauntless on normals, but if I roll something nice for the 2nd wrestler then that guy probably wants tackle more? Not very experienced with skaven at all but that was my thinking behind it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.