1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Call for Moderators and Massive Thanks to Nikolai II

Discussion in 'Site News, Bug Reports and Questions' started by Coach, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    After years of hard thankless graft from Nikolai II he's decided to step down. If anything he's done more to keep the forum going than I have doing so a big thank you from myself and I'm sure the rest of the forum.

However this does leave a huge hole to fill so if anyone has the time and inclination to step up to be a moderator then please let me know. Thankfully the BBTactics membership tends to be pretty well behaved but there's a never ending battle with spam that I need help in stamping down on.

Borke, Ilgoth, Veggente85 and 7 others like this.
  2. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    About point 2, i know that i'm not the ideal candidate, and for sure he have better options.

Honestly i would like to give a massive thanks to @Nikolai II! For all the support, the time he gave to this community! U are the true champ! I really don't want have on my CurriculVitae to be the last player to play against Nikolai.

3. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    Yes a big thanks to Nik for putting in the work so we can have fun.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Yeah cheers Nikolai. Really appreciated your advice and input over the time I have been here. Very sorry to see you go.

I also probably don't have the time but can help out if needed.

5. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for everything Nikolai, sorry to see you go.

Your fingerprints are everywhere on this community, on the pitch and the forums and both will be missed. Hope you don't completely vanish.

I am more than wiling to help out, but with limited internet access while at work I am really only available on weekdays evenings US time and on the weekends. If you end up needing coverage during those times I'm in.

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Nik, been a pillar of the community and a great champion.

7. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    Please stay, @Nikolai II ! These forums won't be the same without your firm hand.

8. Mikko

Mikko Member

Cyanide Username:
    Mikko
    Country Flag:
    Sorry to see you go @Nikolai II , a big thank you from me too. Hopefully you wont drop BB altogether.

Anyway, lykkyä pyttyyn with whatever you'll turn your attention to now.:pow:

Cheers
    Mikko

9. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    I can only echo the comments of those posts above, and thank you for all the effort & input on the BBTactics forums & competitions @Nikolai II.
    I hope you will still be around in some capacity, but if this is a total break then good luck with whatever you re-invest your online BB time in. :)

10. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I have thanked Nik elsewhere but he deserves alot of gratitude. So thanks mate.

I'm around alot so if you want someone to hunt spam I can help out. I don't think I could be the new Nik but then who can.

11. mamutas

mamutas Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    mamutas
    Cyanide Username:
    mamutas
    Country Flag:
    I have been doing some spam squashing along the way as well and I'll continue doing that.
    If there is anything specific you want us to do, or not to do - please enlighten!

12. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Well, I'd been around daily for a number of years, so can't break completely that easily even if I try. :p

When I came in today there's 123 active spams to delete, plus likely an equal amount who hide spam in their account fields but otherwise do nothing, plus three that weren't caught in the spam filters, just so you know what you are looking at.

sbr32 likes this.
  13. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    Sorry for vanishing, I had 2 hard drives die within a week so had to rebuild my PC twice over :/

I've cleared off all the spam in the queue and changed the registration captcha. Going to see what else I can add to assist, hopefully there are a few more options since I last looked.

14. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    As long as there'd be an option to mass-ban this job would be easy. As moderator I could mass-delete but that'd leave a horde of fake accounts still active, and banning takes several clicks per account.