Automatic forwarding from ads?

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
Hi Coach,

I've noticed this behaviour for a few weeks, when after navigating to BBT, I am immediately forwarded to a different site (spritted.com). This only happens occasionally, and no malware or anything was detected. I'm still not 100% sure if it's only BBT where this appears (human recollection etc.), but it's certainly most noticeable here.

I have installed an ad blocker now, as recommended in forum discussions about this ad (again: spritted.com). Just wanted to let you know, because I generally don't mind seeing ads, but this was a little irritating.

Borke

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
What computer, OS, browser etc. were you using? Just to complete the report.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
This has happened both at home and at work. It's Windows 7 both times, i7 PC at home (don't know the exact specs of the work PC). Two different browsers, though, Chrome at home and Firefox at work.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Hmm thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it. Not had anyone else mention it yet.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Hi Coach,

I've noticed this behaviour for a few weeks, when after navigating to BBT,

How do you navigate to BBT? Do you google the name to get a link, follow a bookmark or write in the address manually?

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
How do you navigate to BBT? Do you google the name to get a link, follow a bookmark or write in the address manually?

I should add, by the way, that the forwarding happens not just on the initial call of the web site, but also on subsequent loadings (i.e. when clicking on "Forums").

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
/forums/ is the old forum address when I updated the forum to the new software it changed to /forum/ (note the s is gone) wonder if that's anything to do with it, there were redirect problems with the old software which was one of the reasons I changed software in the first place. There may be a few instances of the links somewhere on the site that have the old link, but it should be set up to redirect you to the new one automatically.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I've also adjusted some of the ads that allowed to be visible on the website as I found some suggestions for some that may be causing it.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
Thanks for the reminder, Coach! I am aware of the change in address, it's just laziness (and auto complete) that keeps me using the old one ;). It would surprise me, though, if that were the cause, as the "forwarding add" also sometimes appeared in the middle of browsing the forum, when I clicked on the "Forums" main link, and therefore used the correct address with /forum/.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Yeah I suspect it was those ads I've hopefully now blocked.