BattleScribe BB Roster Editor

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Evenin' Gents. If anyone here is a BattleScribe user, I am working on an overhaul of the existing BB catalogue (as it is... not pleasant to use), I'll be looking for testers to run up a tally of fuck-ups before I send in the new version to replace the old one.

Please send me a PM if you are interested in helping me out. You can pick up a free copy of BattleScribe over HERE. And the old Blood Bowl catalogue is HERE

I'll post the "in-progress" version on my work is on the DropBOX server. I'm grinding my way through alphabetically, so you can compare anything before Humans to after Khemri to see what I've done.

The Plan is to eventually include Khorne Deamons/ NTBB Bretonnians (because that is the popular opinion of what BB2 Brets might look like) and FUMMBL Stunties. Why am I doing this? Because it wasn't done when I went looking for it.

Last edited:

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Link is updated HERE. Just use the Manage Data button to import this .BSR into the Roster Editor. So far things look good on my end and I am complete all official teams as well as Khorne Daemons.

Next up I'll be adding NTBB Bretonnians then onto the monumental task of generating the FUMMBL stunties lists.

-Nik/Gallows Bait

If one of you could change the title of this thread to "BattleScribe BB Roster Editor" that'd be somewhat more useful than what I originally went with.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well, sure, if that helps. :)

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Thanks Nik! I expect I'll have to clean up the order of that first post too. Am I the only person out there that likes use roster editors? BattleScribe is substantially less expensive than ArmyBuilder and just needs a little love to be a decent alternative.

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
I just use one of the many Excel sheets out there - find they're more useful than ArmyBuilder (not used Battlescribe) as I can use Excel on a tablet/phone.

Minnels

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Minnels
Country Flag
I use battlescribe. Not much for bb but I will test it a bit for you.

Edit: can't import the URL on my phone :/ getting a io error so I guess it is something with dropbox.

Last edited:

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Minnels, I just tried to grab the file and it worked fine for me. Try this sequence

1. Open BattleScribe Mobile (i'm on an iphone 4s)
2. Open Safari
3. Click HERE to open the DropBox link
4. In the upper right-hand corner you should have a box that says "Open in BattleScribe", click that
5. BattleScribe will give you a notice that it is importing data and will then give you a heads up when complete
6. Select "Create Roster"
7. Profit?!?

I don't have access to any other phones for testing purposes. Hopefully the above works for you. Cheers

Minnels

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Minnels
Country Flag
Got it to work but I am not sure how it differs from the original one.

Possible to include crp+ and ntbbl rules as an alternative force later on?

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
The MASSIVE difference between the original and my bashed in home brew, I replaced the 4 to 5 options of a skill type (GASPM) from the original to being able to select a specific skill upgrade, main effect on the end user was that you now no longer have to buy the full version to be able to name the selected skills on your players (old system you added a generic "strength" or "agility" etc skill selection, I guess you just write on the printout yourself what the skill is? Seemed like a bad option for people using the free version). An added bonus was that all skills now show up one after the other on the same line instead of one per line. Some smaller changes I made include changing all (I think) the player cards for roster players to the "player" type, about 2/3 of them were "star player" type, which resulted in broken tables in the printout.

I'll certainly consider creating crp+ and ntbbl sets if you think there'd be some love for it. Thanks for fighting through the initial setup Minnels, if you run into problems send me an e-mail or a pm, I'm all for making this a useable product.

Cheers

Last edited:

Minnels

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Minnels
Country Flag
Ah! That is why I didn't find anything "new" with your version. I usually just create 1million teams with it to test things out, never added any skills. Checked it out and it is sooo much better. I would try printing if I had a printer and could do it from my phone... not sure if it is possible.

I am not sure ntbbl and crp+ would get much love from others really. It doesn't seem to be played by that many persons and I don't think there are many using battlescribe for bloodbowl either, sadly :( I am not sure how much work it would be but if it is like chaging things around on OBBLM it would not take more than 30min I think.

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Thanks for the feedback! I have taken a look but haven't made any traction yet. My preferred method to tackle the overhaul to NTBBL/CRP+ would be to do a simple copy/pasta over to a new folder then start making the small changes, but I'm not yet sure how to implement the "bank" rule. In spite of the smallish user base I will still give it an honest effort.

Last edited:

Minnels

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Minnels
Country Flag
Copying it to a new folder sounds like the way to do it. I think you could skip the banking rule unless you come up with a smart way to do it. A heads up if you are going to do anything with it, there is a new version of it for 2014 and there are some changes but it doesn't seem to be released officially yet. I have the rules but Plasmoid haven't updated the site... I could share them with you I believe if you want them.

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
PM me the 2014 ruleset and I'll work on them as wel as the 2013. I'll just make one of each and label them accordingly.

Minnels

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Minnels
Country Flag
PM me the 2014 ruleset and I'll work on them as wel as the 2013. I'll just make one of each and label them accordingly.

Did you get my message or did I mess something up maybe? Just want to confirm :)

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
I got it, bank has been frustrating me so much I forgot to give an update :(

It looks like I can fairly easily copy rosters over and then make the minor changes necessary. The only problem is that the teams have to be created under the new game set. I can't make all the teams and then later apply the bank rule. I haven't given up though :)