Orc [BC] ORCIAD: The Eporc Saga

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
When the Fall is All There is...

Landwaker watches Glorcus and Patorclus II hobble out of the camp, their careers ended by smashed knees at the claws of the chaos dwarfs. The other eporcs are quiet as their comrades move out of view, and Doc leans in toward the coach. "The ladz could use a few words, LW..."

"No," the coach replies coldly. "No more words, no more speeches. I've said what can be said, now we just need to do something."

The halfling hesitates. "Don't you think..."

"I think we're in last place with four matches left. I think they know that we need to do better. I think this team has likely seen its height, and now we're going down."

Doc frowns. "How can you give up already?"

"I'm not giving up. I'll fight till the end as best I can, and I'll probably stick with these eporcs at least until all the originals are gone. I'm just facing facts, and starting to think about the future." He looks to the north.

Last edited:

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
It's hard to hold the line season after season. Starting to feel the same way about the pierats. But that's just the nadir before our glorious pie ship victory ;)

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Well it's hardly gloom and doom when we still have six superstars, I just felt a bit of fluff was overdue and that was what came out. Been a frustrating season but so it goes; I prefer pessimism as it allows for pleasant surprises.

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MATCH DAY SIX

Orciad 2-2 Hell Pit. The eporcs had a solid first drive but couldn't get rid of Archon the clawpomber or stop Inkeyes the oneturner. Second half started badly and yet another loss loomed until Aenorcas tried to blitz free to score, dubskulled then pushed the sidestepper, but then made three silly dodges anyway to equalize. GG Mid.
Cheers LW was a tense game. I thought you had it in the bag until the oneturner went through as well as injuring the gobbo to give us a numbers advantage in the second half. We scored quickly with the wizard still in play and it allowed us to blitz and KO the thrower so things were looking good. The remaining orcs wouldn't let us get near the ball however and then one pranced around to get in the endzone. That elf orc has to die! Was a fun game though well done!

Last edited:

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MATCH DAY SEVEN

Villains 1-0 The Orciad, this time it was Vosh´gajins turn to die:(
Confirmed, the eporcs were gifted with an opening blitz event but managed to squander it by overlooking a mummy blitz from the ground, and their bumbling passing game couldn't recover the match. Sorry about Vosh, felt lame for that to happen when you'd already almost secured the win.
Dont worry about it, Vosh took one for the team in his thirst for victory. :eek:

Last edited:

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Extract from Abercrombie I read last night:

-'Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed'. (Ferro)
-'Expect nothing and you'll get nothing'. (Logen)

Choose your side :)

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
This season I've been Ferro in theory but have gotten Logen results. :eek:

Our most notable achievement will probably be killing the league's greatest ghoul, which feels more sad than celebratory. :(

So let's take a stab at optimism ... hey, plenty of room for improvement! :rolleyes:;):D

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Extract from Abercrombie I read last night:

-'Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed'. (Ferro)
-'Expect nothing and you'll get nothing'. (Logen)

Choose your side :)

How about "Aim for the stars but expect to hit your foot"?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Might have been? I just made it up, but someone has to made something similar in the past.

Also: :D

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MATCH DAY EIGHT

Orciad 2-0 Fusion in what felt like the most lopsided match I've played (BBM is still down but should show some striking stats). Almost nothing worked for Sudo and almost everything worked for me; nice not to go winless for the season but this victory was fairly ridiculous.
To elaborate, Landwaker went on a blocking tear at the start of the game that left me with 5 players on turn 3.

Last edited:

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MATCH DAY NINE

Orciad 1-0 Sanctuary as the eporcs end their season with a second victory, but this one was narrow; if not for a dubskull at the end, the lizards (with some help from Morg and Slibli) looked like they would probably equalize. A lot of back and forth on the ball, culminating in a messy scrum in the middle where blorcs and saurii were grabbing it, made for an unpredictable contest. GG 7.

Last edited:

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Another season done, and it's a bit painful to reread the opening speech because it's been a bust both win-wise and fluff-wise. But once again the eporcs have come through surprisingly unscathed, with double-niggled Glorcus being the only real loss. Hopefully inspiration will return on the pitch and in the blog as the team returns to tier two; I can't say I'll regret missing Altdwarf much next season as it looks to be shaping up quite nastily, and Reikland looks like the more inviting of our possible destinations. We shall see...

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Season Eight
DARK FLUFF RISING

Excerpts from Still Here: Chronicles of the Life and Undeath of Kit Kavdaver, Erstwhile Elf

(Volume XXX, Chapter 1, Section 1)

Fallen from glory
Yet still taunting hope lingers
To draw out the doom

It has been long since I wrote, but for lack of other pursuits I take up a new volume despite the flagrant futility. My investigation of my murder revealed nothing, and with the Blahville shut down my work as a compelled correspondent has faded as well; how strange that I would miss it. My sole consolation of late has been to reacquaint myself with the ancient Eastern art of "ku-hai" -- its rigid syllabic structure offers a comforting island of solidity in the aimless foggy seas of undeath and blank pages.

Why Landwaker keeps me in his camp, I cannot fathom. He pays me no mind and orders me away if I make any attempt to question him. His eporcs faltered in the top tier of their competition and have now returned to Reikland. Though they remain a formidable force, their coach remains inconstant, mostly staying within his tent murmuring about dark obscurities like "Hidden Naresh" and "the shadow herd of Thaemor." I would hope that we do not all succumb to such madness... but hope has hardly been helpful.

Last edited:

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MATCH DAY ONE

Begin with a win
Also the unexpected
A new star is born?

Orciad 2-1 Fendship in a match where the zons started the second half with 5 on the pitch (Juriel was whistled on all three of his fouls despite paying two bribes). BBM does appear to be down again.
Argh, late to confirm that in Reikland, my Zons did lose 2-1 to Landwaker's Orcs.

The only surprising part of that was that I actually managed to get a TD in. :p

Rookie lineorc Polydorcmas, first of his name, rolled +AG and it just isn't the eporc way to turn that down. :cool:

Last edited:

Landwaker

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
MATCH DAY TWO

The face of the team
Injured appropriately
Orchilles' ankle

Two words -- Epic. Nuffling.

I'll allow Landwaker to explain.

Good Lord.

Orcdysseus killed Reeka early (apo'd to -ST), then Orchilles was almost killed by reckless positioning (apo'd to -MA, and Were pointed out the ankle isn't far from the heel).

After that it was mostly Hectorc ruthlessly pursuing his Legend with blitz after blitz and there wasn't much the dice would let Were do.

Last edited: