1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC2 S5 Altdwarf MD3 Matchmaking Thread

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by sbr32, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Balsha

Balsha Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Balsha
    Country Flag:
    What i am saying is that if match is rescheduled, the game is highly likely to go worse for my team. If elves did not get 2 snakes, i would not be able to score. And that is after KO'ing 5 of the buggers and getting quite a bit of dd's.

I would agree to the following, though. We "simulate" the game. There are external dice rollers. We roll for the KO's, i score turn 8, on the player that was about to score. Orielensis gets his one turn attempt. He has a rr for it. Then we play out the second half, elves that would technically not get up get moved somewhere and not get used for the game. Roll for them again after the score. Since there were no injuries, i believe that is perfectly viable and i am up for it.

Edit : I also roll for my KO'd blitzer.

2. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    This is not allowed.

3. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Sorry no recreation guys. We dealt with this before and whilst it might make sense in this case (although any KOs cant be done properly) there are plenty of casses where it wouldn't.

4. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Alright so it's up to you @Balsha

I will make myself available to play as far as I possibly can and maybe we can have a small extension if needed?

5. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Stuff like this is always sensitive, but as an outsider (neither in this division nor an admin) I always like the option of awarding a tie in the in-game client but giving a win in Statsgrabber. Since that means a loss of spp and winnings for the person who didn't dc it provides a disincentive to not replaying but also does at least give them the win so they are not badly punished for their opponents connection problems. Its not perfect but it is a good additional option.

TwoScoops likes this.
  6. caio

caio Member

Country Flag:
    deal. Sorry i couldnt reply earlier.

7. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Hmm ok I have heard nothing so I guess we are getting admin'd :(

8. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Based on Rule 14a and the fact that there is no doubt who disconnected I am letting the 2-0 score for Balsha stand.

Not quite sure what happened between slanesh and Colpicklejar but that will be a draw as neither person seemed to make more of an effort to schedule than the other.

9. slanesh

slanesh Member

Country Flag:
    Not quite sure what happened between slanesh and Colpicklejar but that will be a draw as neither person seemed to make more of an effort to schedule than the other.[/QUOTE]

I dont agree with "neither person seemed
    to make more of an effort..." since:

A) I did say i was able to play all day on the sunday and just asked to be warned 2h in advance.

B)He did no replay since later that day after that i proposed my schedule for the next days and he said nothing. I see more effort in my side, clearly.

10. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Well, that is my lesson learned. Last time I agree to move the time and date of a game agreed in this thread at my opponent's request!

11. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I think with the improvement in stability of BB2 connections it might be worth letting people know when you are on a sketchy line. Especially if you are having to move times for them. Then everyone knows in advance and things might go differently.

In BC1 we had 3/4 dcs a week so everyone knew it could happen to them through no fault of their own, so didn't want to get a bad reputation (I'm not passing any judgement on what happened here). Bearing this in mind I will have to look at the precise wording of the rule for next season. I think things have changed enough between the two systems to warrant a look again at this.

12. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Yeah everyone was aware. Apparently steam showed me as offline, which probably wasn't a good sign. If I had been aware of that particular rule I guess I wouldn't have agreed to move the time and play early.

I think that's a good idea. It doesn't look like @sbr32 had much of a choice here, but what's happened is massively unfair and has just crushed all the fun out of this season for me.

Effectively, by refusing to discuss rearranging the game my opponent gets a free win. Usually when one person refuses to play the win goes the other way ...

13. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Sorry I didn't respond to this yesterday. I was/still am not feeling well and was in a terrible mood yesterday; I did not want to engage in a conversation that had the potential to turn argumentative or combative as I didn't trust myself to respond appropriately. Thanks cj for jumping in.

I understand that this is Altdwarf and it is a huge difference compared to throwing around admin decisions in T3 or T4. I knew that it was likely my decision would not only affect this season's standings but could affect relegation for next season. I spent a lot of time thinking about this between Sunday and Tuesday - probably way too much time for a volunteer admin of a video game league - and made what I felt was the best decision I could based on the evidence and the current rules.

I hope this doesn't really suck the fun out of the rest of the season for you @Orielensis

Orielensis likes this.
  14. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    No problem with your decision at all @sbr32 given the rule you quoted I think it is what it is.

Don't think we don't all appreciate what you do as an admin mate!

I'll have a think but at the moment my heart is not in it.

15. Balsha

Balsha Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Balsha
    Country Flag:
    It is not really my fault that the rules are what they are. I honestly do not see the problem with simulating the game, as i offered...but...rules... That is absolutely the fairest way it could have gone. I understand your frustration and i am somewhat sorry about it all but if you believe that the rules are not good enough you could have offered to me in a private message to simulate the game, i would accept it.

I am all about doing what is fair. Rescheduling the game and starting from scratch would definitely not be fair to my team. The singular fair option was the simulation and i stand behind that 100%.

All that being said, I am sorry that we caused problems to the admin team, you guys do a lot of work and do not get nearly enough credit for it. Thank you for enabling us to have a great BB experience.

16. St Cloud

St Cloud Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    St. Cloud
    Country Flag:
    What? Wait? No! Is that what we are? NOOOOOOO..... we are kings. We rule the multiverse and and and and the whatnot.

Desillusioned.

stephB likes this.
  17. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Dont give any position of real power to this guy, admin in some shitty game is going to his head already!