BC2 season 1 MD4 Results

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
In Nuln the Knights are having a real rough time of it. With 2 deaths ( 1 saved by appo) and 3 mng we only have 6 rostered players for the next match. They did hang on to a 1 1 draw against the bacon Dwarves however so they are getting some points, just no players.

Keraunograf

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Keraunograf
Cyanide Username
Manticoran
Country Flag
The Heroes manage to 2-1 R.W.B.Y. in what I'd call a standard 2-1 drive... Except Chaos scored with an interception in the DElf half, and the DElfs scored with a kick to Blitz to catch the ball they kicked in the second. The Rain then kept Chaos from making a quick pickup, resulting in a hard fought mess of a fight in the back-center of the pitch, finally resulting in a hand-off to a breakout on the last turn possible.

With no rerolls left, the Dark Elves made a single dodge out, marked the ball carrier, and then a second one out to blitz him, needing to make a second dodge, which succeeded. The Dark Elf Blitzer made it RIGHT NEXT TO MY ball carrier... And then failed the GFI to actually hit him.

With no rerolls left, the ball carrier marked, and 2 GFI from the touchdown, a Chaos Warrior managed to blitz down the marking player, followed by held breath as the touchdown occurred... On the same Beastman who had intercepted the ball in the first half.

Clearly, agile beyond belief and with a level up, he proceeded to roll two 3s, and picked up Dodge as he discovered that every once in a while, the best path forward is not directly through the enemy!

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
Can confirm Manticoran played one hell of a game. His D in the first half was seller. With re-rolls left my best chance of scoring int he first half was on turn 5 but I didn't want to give the Chaos 4 turns to do the 2-1 grind so I tried stalling with a screen. This proved to be a mistake as he suddenly collapsed what has been solid wall of chaos warriors and beastmen onto my screen managed to blitz through a line elf to mark my runner. I dodged out and was going to attempt a pass to my AG5 Blitzer int eh rain but had to use a re-roll on a GFI trying to make the pass easier. My pass went off before my heart sunk when I noticed the beastman rolled a 6 to intercept. By that point I had all my blitzers committed downfield an had little chance to stopt eh score as the Chaos layed all my elfs on the ground.

In the second half the only reason I scored was due to an amazing blitz and Manticoran misclicking a both down result on my AG5 elf when he had the POW. It woulda felt like a cheap win if I'd pulled it out after that, but I didn't let him score. He earned that hard fought midpitch rain battle.

No level ups unfortunately and my jorneyman ate the MVP. I hav eno injured players and got my third RR for the next match. Here's hoping I can pull off a win with these Delves.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Emojis overcame Mr. Torgue's All-Stars with result 1 to 0. Dark Elves defended with the screen and managed to sneak a blitzer in the back to knock the ball out. With a pick up and a pass (my AG 5 elf had to reroll that one) the ball was delivered to TZ on the very last turn of 1st half.
In the second half Elves moved their BC within the scoring distance, but decided to throw a 2d6 block: :bothdown::skull:. Ok, last reroll. :skull::skull:. Thanks, Nuffle! The ball carrier was blitzed the ball was lost. It was luckily recovered later and with attempt of another score a dodge failed. Chaos blitzed the open BC, picked the ball, but were to far to score, so just played catch ball a bit.

GG, WhyScottWhy and GL in the future matches!

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
we only have 6 rostered players for the next match.
That would be against us, good sir.

Unfortunately, I did not scraped enough money for the assassin, so I will have to do with my blitzers only.

Cheers!

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
The HRE and The Cursed ones play to a 1-1 draw where both teams complete unlikely take downs of the ball carrier around turn 15/16 to deny each other a chance of winning the match. I did still have a small chance to pass to a blitzer in 2 tacklezones who could then hand off to a linemen in scoring range, but the pickup rolled 1 rerolled into 1 so didn't even get to try the hard part.

GG Purlox, was an interesting match.

Purlox

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Purlox (BB2)
Country Flag
The Cursed Ones 1 - 1 The HRE

6387db0bf7.jpg

I got 1-1 in the first half when deffending and then when it came to my offense half, it went really slow. But on turn 15 I accidentally positioned my cage slightly wrong, leaving it a bit open to possible attack. Street gets into it and makes a 1 die against my blodge Witch Elf and of course he gets defender down. I then try to pick up the ball next turn with the witch elf again, but I roll 1 into 1. The ball then falls out of bounds and flies into the opposing TD zone, which makes both of us unable to change the result of the match.

It was a pretty good match, but I wish Nuffle didn't hate me so much to take another win away from me right before my nose. Can I have some wins Nuffle, please?

Genessius

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Karaz-a-Karak Red Devils vs -suicide squad- 2-1
upload_2016-2-9_21-54-5.png

I'll write up something late, it was the match were my luck finally turned a bit. (Except injury wise, im starting to suspect that these dwarves are actually AV7 FAT elfs.)

Azura

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ibispi
Country Flag
Ssywoo2.png

Feel the Pain 1 : 1 The Frog Wannabes
Froggie (level 2 rat lineman with kick) died during the first half, R.I.P. Froggie, you've been replaced by Froggie Reborn! Frogs managed to score at the end of the first half in defense, although overconfident (again) rushed the second half and got punished by nuffle. At the end of the second half there was just one rat on the field. :D
Gg Cram, good luck!

Cram

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Cram
Country Flag
First half the ratty high risk game payed out well, cause i burned all of my 3 RRs pretty fast mainly on throwing skulls.
Last chance to get that GR T7 was a 3+ dodge, but that failed, too.
Second half my eyes got big as the blodge GR ran alone deep into my half T9 despite my tackle beast was standing near enough to get him.
With 2 gfi i got a support to get 6 possible dice with tackle, so there was a good possibility to get this GR down; i did it and got the ball.
Afterwards i had to decide to do some higher risk plays, get a fast TD and go for a win (or defeat?) or take a sure draw.
I did it the Chaos way... go for some carnage and the draw instead of risking anything. I thought that rats are too fast and too many were just KOed with babes being on the sideline.
Still don't know if my decision was a good one, but anyway...
it definetly was a good game.
Good luck for your next games, too.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Papa/Sly played equally solid all through the game, rolling me over in the first half with many casualties and me doing nary a stun (and failing every GFI) ending the first half 1-1.

Second half I get a perfect defence against me and start playing silly, which ends the second half 1-1 after I failed the 2+ GFI into the endzone for the winner. :rolleyes:

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Altdwarf: Am ah getting' ma hole? 2-0 Team Mousecop via admin decision. Team Mousecop has dropped and will be replaced with an alternate for MD4.

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
Papa/Sly played equally solid all through the game, rolling me over in the first half with many casualties and me doing nary a stun (and failing every GFI) ending the first half 1-1.

Second half I get a perfect defence against me and start playing silly, which ends the second half 1-1 after I failed the 2+ GFI into the endzone for the winner. :rolleyes:

hehe you make it sound like that was bad luck :p The final GFI was after already having successfully rolled 4x 2+ dodges/GFI & 3x 3+ passes/pickups without any rerolls at all (not even auto rerolls), and all because my goat failed his 3+ handoff else I'd have scored the turn prior lol.

All in all it was a very close game, I felt like I was more in control of the game, especially after I got a little lucky with early injuries to his witchelf + blodge blitzer. So in that respect, I was a little disappointed with a draw, but it was also in part because I elected to surf someone instead of marking a player on the ground (Which was then sent into space to receive a pass, and thus required 2x GFI to blitz, which I rolled double 1s for lol).

Edit: Oh and something interesting to note, I uploaded the stats afterwards and the Nuffleage on GFI was pretty funny.

Dreamy failed 8/13x GFI and I failed 4/9 GFI, so roughly a 62% & 44% fail rates on what should, on average, be 17% lol.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
hehe you make it sound like that was bad luck :p The final GFI was after already having successfully rolled 4x 2+ dodges/GFI & 3x 3+ passes/pickups without any rerolls at all (not even auto rerolls),

I did say I was playing silly. :p

And having gotten to where I was, which was one single GFI from the endzone, it was unlucky to fail that single GFI. ;) (Note that before the turn in question my GFI success rate had been 3/10, which is about right for a 5+ roll :eek:)

But nobody died (in a way that stuck) so I will not complain any further. :D

CakeOrrDeath

Star Player
Country Flag
game4_zpsg774kxps.jpg

Me vs @CakeOrrDeath he won. He killed a guy. I hate playing with my elves. That is all

We have only injured 3 players in 4 games but (with two kills) when we hurt em we hurt em bad!

Was actually a bit of a crazy game, the crowd enjoyed throwing rocks at elves and my beastmen seemed to be alergic to the ball.

After the 5th attempt at picking it up failed it clearly wasnt going to happen so we just caged around the ball instead and knocked down any elves who felt brave enough to approach.

Songbird

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Graves
Country Flag
vs The Best at Being Bad.jpg

Match 4 was against Orielensis's Dark Elves and for the first time in the league it wasn't rainy or snowing :D

I won the coinflip and decided to score late. I grabbed the ball and caged it at first near the center and then on the surfline. The elf tried his best to get a hold of it but Nuffle wasn't on his side. At Turn 7 I saw a rather empty left side of the pitch and decided to make a run for it. Naturally the elf made a couple of dodges and deployed a thin screen. I managed to break it and scored on turn 8. The dice were pretty even with a couple of KOs on my side and a couple of KOs on his. We both only used 1 reroll.

In Half 2 the elf found a hole in my defense and poured elves into it. Two turns later the score was even with 6 turns left for me to score. I got lucky and one of my saurus decided that bashing was too boring, so he grabbed the ball while I formed a cage around him. I slowly creeped up with the help of my Kroxigor, who was invaluable during most of the game, not a single bonehead :) The elf deployed a thick blodge screen which I thought was impossible to break. I decided beforehand to keep a skink near the saurus for an emergency play. An emergency didn't come up but a chance to score did. After seeing a weakness in the elfs screen I managed to blitz a lineman aside, hand off the ball from my saurus to the skink, short passed the ball to another skink (with the use of a reroll, stunty be damned :p) and ran into the endzone on 2 GFIs.

The elf tried for a comeback but failed a 83% dodge which resulted in a turnover and pretty much sealed the deal in the game.

A turn later the Scaly Sociopaths celebrated their first win in the league!

GG to my opponent who was also a very good sport for waiting in the second half because I had to go to the toilet!

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Chainpush Smokers - Miragliano Snitchers 1-2 (Division Kislev)

First game against one of the 4 dark elves of the division. The dark elves start with the ball and score relatively fast at turn 4. This give all the time to the skaven to equalize close to the end of the first half with a simple dodge-out of one of the gutters. The second half was much more messy with the dark elves getting the ball from the hands of a gutter, then losing it after some lucky rolls and being unable to protect it enough from a squishy gutter. This leaved only 3 turns to the dark elves to score, but the lack of rerolls and some unlucky passes lead to a messy situation around the ball and a win for the Miragliano Snitchers! Now, I will cheer my (very) provisional first place in the division :)

Other events: a dead rat lineman (call it a "event") and a -1 MOV on the rat thrower (and with this I have 2 -1 mov players ><).

gg Ravers!

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Kislev Division;

Chainpush Smokers 1:2 Miragliano Snitchers

Another game, another shocker from the Smokers as we lose for the 2nd time to rats. As usual with this team the players cannot roll anything but 1's in the important moments. We received 1st and scored quickly, skaven equalised turn 7. We set up for a very unlikely 1ttd but were stymied by a double Pow on the blitzo_O.
2nd half we managed to get the ball loose and I thought we may get our first win, it was not to be though as the skaven recovered and scored, leaving me 3 turns to get the equaliser. Kick off into my end zone, the kick off result gave a reroll each, which naturally my runner wasted with a 1 on the pick up. 2 turns and the length of the field to go we tried to put the witch in a cage by halfway, 1 on the handoff bounced into a cage edge lineman nearest the skaven players who was immediately blitzed down. Last turn there was an outside chance of picking up the ball and getting a hand off and pass to level but the blitz to move a vermin marking the ball came up :bothdown::skull:, then tried to move a blodge GR with an unskilled lino, pushes would have been fine but no another :bothdown::skull:, game over. On the plus side I did get a decent amount of SPP.

GG Veggente, best of luck for the rest of the season.