1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC5 MD4 Results

Discussion in 'Big Crunch 2' started by Ravers, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Post em!

DireSickFish likes this.
  2. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Country Flag:
    Nevermind vs. Frank's Intel Bunch 1-1

Nuffle giveth and Nuffle Taketh away

3. Sataric

Sataric Active Member

Steam Username:
    Sataric
    Cyanide Username:
    Sataric
    Country Flag:
    In the Averland division, the Crimson Calamity (DE) went up against fan-favorites Cult of Tianlong (Lizards) and today Nuffle was on the elves' side! Final score 2-1 to the unscaled ones.

It was a solid game with several high-lights. The first TD was scored almost immediately at the start of the match by the Elf team, on turn 2. (And the following kick-off event even turned the clock back to Turn 1 again!) But that of course meant the ball was in the Lizards court now and they played a very strong caging game and was able to make it 1-1 before halftime, as well as kill and maim plenty of my players. So the odds were against me as the second half came around, as the Lizards were now on offense yet again, had a player advantage, and I believe they still held on to the Wizard they had purchased as well. But Nuffle was on my side and as the game was drawing close to the final few turns I managed to get the ball free with a decent block against his ball-carrier, then did some elf-bullshit dodges and pick-ups with my AGI 5 blitzer, and passed the ball far up towards the enemy end-zone to a waiting Witch Elf of mine. She scored on turned 15, making a dodge and 2 GFI's (one which failed at first, but succeeded on the re-roll!) Then @Filadeus set up a masterfully engineered 1-Turn TD attempt against my six remaining elves (whom I felt I had placed cleverly to prevent making it too easy for him to go for such a thing!) though he had to roll a ton of dice to make it all the way, and he was out of rerolls from getting double skulls on the first block he needed to make. Still, he NEARLY made it, failing the final few GFI's to reach the end-zone for the draw, and with that the elves had won. I reckon there is a few coaches in the division that will be really happy about that because until now the Cult of Tianlong was undefeated, and they won their division last season!

Street and Filadeus like this.
  4. Norsixa

Norsixa Member

Steam Username:
    Norsixa
    Country Flag:
    Any chance I can get a playlist of the songs you played? That 2nd song sounds pretty good

5. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Reikland Division saw a top of the table clash between the 3:0 Moon Shiners and @stephB Orc scum team Von Blitzers:D. Something had to give and it was the Norse armour and our unbeaten record this season. We wend down 0:2 to a well coached Orc team. I'll let StephB fill in the gory details but I think I got a little bit diced 2nd half. Well played and I hope to get back to winning ways next game, alas also vs Orcs.

stephB and Smeik like this.
  6. Trunkhead

Trunkhead Member

Steam Username:
    Skepticalz
    Country Flag:
    It was just pandora man. But that song is "Lords of War" by Otep from the More Fire album. It's fucking great, i highly suggest it.

7. stephB

stephB Active Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Thanks for the introduction Ravers, I’ll be sure to pass on your views to my team, expect a home visit! ;)

Both teams went into the clash with a perfect record. As I was missing my star blitzer I was hoping to get a wizard and a merc blitzer for the game. However Ravers smartly sacked his rookie Ulf bringing his team down to 13 players and restricting me to just the wizard.

I won the coin toss and elected to receive with the objective of grinding up the field to score on turn 8 and hopefully still having parity in players for the second half. The plan worked almost perfectly, I injured two linemen and got a KO within the first few turns and progressed nicely up the field. Ravers was still able to apply pressure trying to prevent me from stalling and prevented me from having a secure cage at the end of my turn 7. This enabled him to get a 1D block on the ball carrier which was a POW, but due to lack of players he could not recover or get tackle zones on the ball. However the two players in the mix were both blodge side steppers which were going to a real pain to deal with if I was going to score. I took the decision to Zap the one nearest to the ball (KO) and then 3 D blitz the other one which got a POW. I managed to score picking ball up with my sure hands, MV7 blitzer and two gfis, one which needed the RR.

On Ravers turn 8 he managed to injury one of my linemen and went for a foul hoping to have a two man advantage, unfortunately for him it was only a stun and a sending off. So the second half started 10 v 10 (both his KOs came back).

Ravers was content to hang back deep with his agi 4 Runner and let the rest fight it out in mid field, a fight I was winning with another injury inflicted and a few stuns as well. However by sending some players up the wings to try and pressure, Ravers as able to create a gap in the middle when his Yeti took down a Black Orc. The runner came forward handed off to a lineman who ran into my back field, however Ravers got greedy tried a gfi failed RR to success and then tried another gfi which again failed, stunning the player.

I managed to a get a couple of players back but due to failing a gfi to get next to the ball (RR to success) I didn’t try to move again to pick up. Ravers agi 4 runner blitzed my player next to the ball only 1D but got him down gfi (success) to pick up which he double 1. I blitzed the pesky agi 4 runner, but couldn’t get him down however I still managed to pick up the ball with my sure hands blitzer and got a guard blitzer next to him. Ravers turn 14 started well with him injuring another of my lineman he then tried to dodge with his another runner with dodge skill, the double 1s struck again, he went down badly injured. With two turns left I was able to get my MV7 blitzer free of Ravers remaining players and run it in for 2-0 final result.

It was a good game, with 6 injuries in total and a bunch of KOs. The three turnovers for Ravers in the second half due to double 1s were key, he might have got a draw otherwise, although I was winning the attrition battle. Anyway better luck next time! :)

Mark Teal and Ravers like this.
  8. Alini

Alini Active Member

Cyanide Username:
    Alini
    Country Flag:
    Managed to play Scaritus today in Kislev and the wood elves squeaked through a victory (ironic as we were playing *against* rats). Both sides had their share of good luck and bad luck so a very tight 2:1 in the end.

9. Ging

Ging Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ging
    Country Flag:
    Averland

(Ilgoth) Ymmyrks of Clan Rigens 2 - 2 Elite Copse (Ging)

I can't remember the last time I didn't do some kind of match report, but I'll forgo it this week because it will only sound like me whinging about my luck with this team again.
    It was probably a good match for a watching neutral, but a couple of timeout mistakes from me and the dice biting me at the usual crucial moments made it incredibly frustrating again. :mad:

Thanks for putting up with my sullen attitude @Ilgoth, sorry if it took the edge off the enjoyment for you. :oops:
    Good luck for the rest of the season. :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Ilgoth likes this.
  10. Scaritus

Scaritus Member

Steam Username:
    Scaritus
    Cyanide Username:
    Scaritus
    Country Flag:
    Great game Alini. I'm pretty sure that's as much agility play as will be seen in this division all season. Skitter worked well for me, limiting the effectiveness of those pesky wardancers!

11. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Active Member

Steam Username:
    gootti
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    [​IMG]

Averland division
    @Ilgoth ## Ymmyrks of Clan Rigens 2 - 2 Elite Copse ## @Ging
    (skavens) (wood elves)​

Interesting match between agile teams, filled with exciting moments.

First Half (wood elf offense)
    Kick-off event: A tackle free Wood Elf may go under the ball.

The ball landed just in the middle behind LoS, so covering the ball was least of the worries for the elves. Their drive started rather well, getting the ball moving and well covered. Though blocks could have been luckier, during first three turns, I think Ging managed to get 4 rats knocked down. Though 3 of them stunned on the pitch so there is that. After couple of jockey turns from me, my defense managed to tie woodies enough and Ging was forced to continue with lighter cage, which gave me a great chance to stop the ball by surfing the carrier (2D red blitz with a gutter, I got :pushback::powdodge:). The ball landed next to the blitzing gutter, who then picked up the ball and ran to another gutter (during this whole move, I needed 4 successful dodges). Successful handover followed and I scored on the next turn.

Kick-off event: Skavens +RR

I think Ging had three turns to score here, and he managed to get a very good drive going deep into my side. Granted I was down two players, which helped a bit. This time around I didnt get my defense working too well, but still got the cage breaking up. Sadly Ging got the throws he needed and with GFI he got even. I had a chance to try 1TTD but Ging was allowed to re-arrange his defense prior to it and my efforts failed to the first blitz.

Second Half (skaven offense)
    Kick-off event: Woodies may re-arrange their defense.

My drive was everything but optimal, I got 8 players free of tackle zones and all pretty much taking space and securing the ball carrier. Still Ging and his long leg pointy earzz got two players next to the carrier, granted it needed some dodges. Successful blitz with RR used, ball went down. Lucky for me, scatter brought it in the middle of 2 gutters and 2 stormvermins. I recovered the ball, got a new cage going on which then broke because of a walking tree with a grab (no my sugarlevels are fine). Carrier down again, but its cool. We rats deal with it, and it was time for some plague storming; tieing up elves here and there and Vehlan the Blind (gutter) dodges and scoops the ball, dodges out and boom - ball is covered.

I lied.

Another blitz from strip ball elf, ball drops but is still pretty well covered by my rats. Pushed the elf away, took the ball and hand over to another gutter who then ran to freedom. Ging still tried to blitz which was ruined by failing GFI. I score and game is 2-1.

Kick-off event: Skavens +RR

Ging had 3 turns to score here, and he as forced to move fast. He did well, but was forced to leave a cage next to the gutter runner. I managed to get guys moving to block the way, regardless of my mistake in the defensive set-up (it's worth noting here, my Kick didnt work for some reason). Rat Ogre started to act up, and he actually didnt move at all after the kick-off, guess he lost interest. My strip ball gutter blitzed the carrier, and ball dropped down on the ground. Ging returned some blocks, but it started to look bad. For my last turn, I managed to injure his wardancer who seemed to be his plan to score. Regardless of this and in my opinion, good defensive blockade - for his last turn Ging managed to blitz one gutter down and pick-up the ball w/ handover and then with three dodges + GFI he got a touchdown. Game ends in a draw 2-2.

----------------------------------------------------------------

For me the game was enjoyable, and best side of it was the team really working this time. All in all I think Ging was little bit unlucky with his block throws, dont know exact figures before BBStatsgrabber shows the game. He did get his good throws when he needed to keep game alive, that made the game a draw. Neither of us suffered bad injuries, so both teams keep rolling towards the next match week with hopeful minds.

In detail:
    - +60K in treasury
    - Skryt of Clan Pestilens (linerat) MVP, +5SPP. Also Badly Hurt injury during first half. Level up and I picked Block skill.
    - Strile of Clan Pestilens (linerat) +2SPP for inflicting an injury.
    - Vehlan the Blind (gutter r.) +3SPP for scoring.
    - Keavil the Blind (gutter r.) +3PP for scoring. Level up and I picked Side Step skill.
    - Gopher of Clan Eshin (stormv.) +2SPP for inflicting an injury.

Gopher stormvermin is the one with a claw and it instantly showed this match. He alone inflicted 4 stuns + the injury.

Last week team said farewell to Ilvir the Blind (gutter) who was badly injured throughout season 5 (badly hurt, -1 AGI and then broken ribbs). Word is that team new replacement has arrived, and the hero goes by name "The Laughing Rat".

- Ilgoth :skull::D:skull:

Ging likes this.
  12. Znarx

Znarx Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    Znarx
    Country Flag:
    Game-of-Thorns gets a 2-0 victory over Apple Turnovers.

Having significantly lower TV, The Dark Elves took the Halfling Chef and Babes as inducements.

Chef took 2 rerolls from me in the first half, leaving me with just 1 reroll. Game-of-Thorns get 2 Blitz! events while kicking off. The first one probably decided the game. The second one was largely irrelevant, coming on T16 with me up 2-0 and most of my team back on my own goal line. The first Blitz saw me catching the kickoff, but my Catcher was unable to hold on to the ball. This led to a series of turns where the ball changed hands. I twice missed chances to score early on failed GFI. The first time, I had two GFI, failed the first, succeeded with my only reroll, but failed the second. The second time, I just needed 1 GFI, and failed it. Eventually, the Dark Elves cleared the ball and passed downfield. I was able to knock down the carrier but not recover the ball. They then just needed a pickup and a couple of GFI to score, but were unable to get the GFI. So I finally was able to grab the ball with my ST 5 guy, and march downfield for the T8 score.

In the second half, the Chef took only 1 reroll. Since I was already up a score, I played pretty conservatively and kept my guys close to each other. My Dirty Player generated a KO and an injury with fouls, but he was ejected on the second foul. So I was up a player most of the second half. I was carrying the ball with my ST5 guy, so I figured as long as I kept him mostly caged, at best they could get a -2 block on him, and with no wrestler and no strip ball on their team, I would probalby hold on to the ball. I was eventually able to get a somewhat risky score on T16, but since the Dark Elves had nobody who could have scored if I failed, there was no risk in making the attempt. If they had anybody in scoring position, I probably would have just tried to cage and make it really hard for him to score the tying TD.

Thanks for the game.

Ilgoth likes this.
  13. Urbangamer

Urbangamer Member

Steam Username:
    urbangamer94
    Cyanide Username:
    Obstmann
    Country Flag:
  14. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Another match another Draw. This time against woodies so early Nurgle will take that. The Elves got the riot to turn their one turner in to a two turner but I got a blitz to completely stop the Woodies drive.

15. kreivi_krapula

kreivi_krapula Member

Cyanide Username:
    Kreivi
    Country Flag:
    Dropouts of Gumbad Uni. - Cunning Calculators ended up with a scoreless draw. Quite a "spectacle" of a match with zero injuries would you agree @Sudonym ? :D

16. Street

Street Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Street
    Country Flag:
    Da Green Skins Pakt 1 - 1 Death by drowing

A great match for the neutrals with lots of back and forth play and both teams struggling to score on their own drives final turns. Not much in the way of injuries sadly and the match concluded with a TTM attempt with no rerolls that worked all up until the last GFI my little gobbo needed to make.

Thanks for the game @dynamoDes was a great one!

dynamoDes likes this.
  17. Sudonym

Sudonym Active Member

Country Flag:
    Watching the ball scatter after almost every pickup failed was enough of a spectacle for me.

18. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    1-0 against Regors Lizards

Very dodgy elves but completely incapable of hurting any lizardmen. Decided to defend first and Regor was struggling to get through while maintaining a proper cage. Ended up settling with a cage 2 gfis away from scoring for the ball carrier. On turn 8 he needed a succesfull bolt, several blocks (1 or multiple dodges if blocks didnt work out) and 2 GFIs to score. Bolt worked, the blocks didnt quite work out and 1 dodge was needed which the skink double 1d.

Second half, I decided to try and break left after several turns. With the witch failing her dodge on the tail (1/9) things got a bit hairy leaving a 1d into 1d blitz (frenzy) needing a pow. Regor got a pow push on both blocks and overcommited to shut down the break. I managed to switch sides with most of the lizards in awkward positions. From that point onward the ball was never in any real danger (1 exception with me missing a DT skink and dodging on a 5+, where the ball would have been exposed on a failure.) But very good dodging dice allowed me to stall out the rest of the half.

No damage to either team.

sbr32 likes this.
  19. Regor

Regor Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I only would like to add that a ST5 breack tackle miss the dodge (with a RR) in 2TZ to blitz the ball carrier.
    And that my saurusless got spp for block.
    Thks for the game gg.

sbr32 likes this.
  20. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Fair enough, I forgot that. A 1/9 on the break tackle dodge for 2d (with tackle) which I spend a lot of effort on preventing from the side but completely missed the oppurtunity from the bottem. Difficult to recover but it would have gone a long way to forcing a earlier score.

And the rookie saurus indeed leveled by a cass on a random block.

gg

Regor likes this.