NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
3-0 @NieA7 yikes, rather you than me.

Pre-match talk was along the lines of "You know this is going to end up 16-0" and "Maybe, but by the end of it your team's going to be nothing more than a bloody smear on the boots of my zombies". As the end result was a win for me but nothing more serious than a single MNG for the welfs it's been considered more of a draw than the scoreline would suggest ;)

Alini

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Alini
Country Flag
Pre-match talk was along the lines of "You know this is going to end up 16-0" and "Maybe, but by the end of it your team's going to be nothing more than a bloody smear on the boots of my zombies". As the end result was a win for me but nothing more serious than a single MNG for the welfs it's been considered more of a draw than the scoreline would suggest ;)
That was not the pre-match talk at all ¬.¬ But the feeling of "whew" was palpable on both sides :D

Martin ScoresEasy

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Chickenfish
Country Flag
My Boring Ol' Orcs 2 - 1 @thatguyuknow985 's Wily's Wild Wreckers in Kislev

Both teams had the same lineup of rookie orcs with the exception of one of my Black Orcs having block. WWW chose to receive and the first few turns saw me injure an opposing blitzer, my lineman getting expelled by the ref, one of my Black Orcs KO'd, and one of thatguyuknow's Black Orcs have a serious concussion, that his apo fixed by smashing his back. T5 saw WWW's BC thrower hand off to a blitzer who made a run down the sideline (crossing into my half for the first time) opposite where most of my defenders were. I managed to get 2 guys marking the new BC (having used my blitz elsewhere to do so), but thatguyuknow pulled off a 1D block where only pow/stumble would do, dodge (which was rerolled) + GFI to get the score on T6.
I had 3 turns to score, and my Black Orc didn't wake up. At one moment when I had a decent chance to get clear I rerolled a dubskull into a skull/both down for a turnover with an exposed ball carrier, but then got very lucky after my BC was knocked down for the ball to bounce around to a blitzer of mine who was clear. With no rerolls, I ran the blitzer next to the only one of my guys who could score to both hand off and help in the block against the guy marking him, handed off despite the tackle zone, got a both down (with block) to get rid of the defender, and succeeded in 2 GFIs to close the half out 1-1.

My Black Orc once again didn't wake up, but by turn 16 I'd KO'd 2 more of thatguyuknow's players, and was able to get the T16 score. My Black Orc woke up for the final turn, the kick off was a blitz that I had no way to do anything with, and the game ended 2-1 for me.

Thanks for the game, thatguyuknow985! Good luck for the rest of the season :)

Zoraster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Draconian Drones 3-1 Apple Turnovers in Nuln.

We went into this mirror match hoping for a point against a much more rounded dark pansy team than ours, and things looked bleak early on when the wizard let us down with a fizzled lightning bolt. Nevertheless Nuffle was in our camp in this one, more than making up for the wizard with extremely reliable dice throughout and a blitz which saw us start the final drive with the ball to go with our 2-1 lead. The bash focussed Turnovers didn't make any impact with their hitting until the final drive, and at that stage they were scrambling for a point so it was far too late to get them the result they wanted. Finally they hit a pair of ones making two gfis to top and tail my final turn scoring threat to end the game.

So we are back on track points wise with this bonus two making up for the earlier dropped points. Team development is still a little short with just the witch levelled but we have a blitzer close to second skill now and touch wood should be close to the minimum toolset needed by the time we meet the division big guns.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
Game-of-Thorns played That's WAAAGH!ernumb! to a 1-1 tie.

I think I defended pretty well in the first half, and was lucky that I was only down 1 player, with my rookie Thrower picking up a Badly Hurt early in the half, but on T6, three stuns left me with only 7 players to try and prevent the cage from moving forward, and the Orcs were able to set up a cage in range on T7 for a T8 score. My 1-turn attempt failed due to a misclick on a push that left sent my MV9 guy to the wrong square. I think I was 1 push short of being able to theoretically get another player in range to attempt it. I failed too many GFIs attempting to get players in needed positions for the pushes when I tried to see if I could make it work anyway.

In the second half, my tree rooted on T9. I pushed my cage forward and was able to get the ball safely away to stall until T16 using a whole bunch of agility rolls that fortunately succeeded. The orcs have a MV 7 player, and one of my side steppers was out with a KO, so I think there was a theoretical possibility of a 1-Turn score, but they didn't set up for it, and I got a Blitz! on the kickoff that could have stopped any 1Turn setup anyway.

I think the tie was mostly due to relatively poor armor/injury rolls from the Orcs. I had only 2 CAS and 1 KO inflicted against me, and one of the CAS came on T16 when it didn't matter much.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
Crimson Calamity (Dark Elf) played the Citrus Raiders (Nurgle) of mister @OverLORDY in the Averland division and the elves managed to win with a 1-0 final score.

The Nurgle team was strong and sturdy, with excellent caging techniques, and a Beast with tentacles of such strength that dodging away from it was near impossible - But the elves had been around for an additional season overall, giving them a TV advantage (Nurgle's hired Lord Borak and bought a Bribe) and the pointy-eared ones also had access to some pretty nifty skills that assisted them greatly, such as leap. Elves took a risk and scored very early on, and so the rest of the game was just playing defense and making attempts at slowing the bashier team down, which they managed to do successfully. There was not much the Nurgle team could have done differently during the second half though, and Nuffle was definitely favoring the elves slightly, giving us some 1-die POWs and things like that. His MVP SPP reward also went to his only journeyman. Unlucky!

Mikko

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Mikko
Country Flag
Drifters snag their 2nd victory for this season at the expence of Reptile Dysfunction, 2-0 for the funky bunch.

GG @ParaDoc , who took the beating like a champ, even when it must have been close to a torture for him to not start pouring out the salt. Hopefully your luck improves.

notorious noob

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
2-1 against zaz

Str 4 level 6 blitzer and blodgestepguard blitzer died on my side, blodge+move blitzer died for zaz.

Gandalf decided it was enough with 2 deaths and a strenght bust on a 5 man wizard. (+KO hitting 4/5)

Last edited:

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Averland

(Ging) Elite Copse 2 - 1 Summerset Isle Altmer (Brody)

Altmer induced a Wizard and we decided to kick off in the rain - and it rained the whole match.

The high elves initially kept the ball centre-field then made a move down our left flank. We managed to keep them somewhat contained, surfed their Blodge/Tackle blitzer, and even the tree managed to move across a couple of turns in succession to add some extra pressure. In the end the Altmer dropped my side-step catcher with a lightning bolt and blitzed a lino out of the way to allow the score, around T4 or 5? 1-0.

Our return drive started without incident and we even managed to stun a couple of high elf lineman, which gave us a bit more space to play with.
Eventually we got a cage in range and scored on T8, 1-1.

2nd half I think we were down by a player or two.
Bribes were handed out, and immediately the high elf merc lino was fouled to death. :eek:
The Altmer we able to put enough pressure on though, and I had to score around T12. 2-1.

In the final few turns the high elves did get within range, but a successful 1d strip ball saw the ball scatter into my player's TZs.
They did a grand job of clearing all but 1 of my TZs off the ball and getting 3 of their own on there.
We then got lucky with a blitz knocking a high elf blitzer onto the ball, which scatter into the arms of my catcher rather than theirs. :rolleyes:
After that we tried to keep it safe, but a dodging blitz into our cage did see the ball on the floor again briefly, but with all the RRs gone the Altmer couldn't repeat the trick on the final turn to set up a potential score.

Thanks for the game @Brody, it wasn't the standard elf v elf affair, with plenty of fouls and not a too many passing plays (probably because of the rain).
Good luck for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
My drawing run continues in Altdwarf with a 1-1 against @Jeliel 's dark elves. This was a game I was hoping to win as I had 13 v 9 (plus 2 loners) and I had cash for a wizard.

I elected to receive with the intention of grinding him down and scoring and then stealing with the wizard on his drive. It turned out I had to use the wizard to prevent him from scoring after he lept into my cage and :pow: my thrower. That really shouldn't have been allowed if I had kept guard on my cage corners, bad play on my part. I did manage to recover the ball and get into scoring range on T7, this time the dodge into the cage was against guard and he failed the get the push to prevent my score attempt. I needed 2 gfis to get the score on T8. Jeliel suffered 2 cas (one his str 4 blitzer) and a KO who refused to wake up.

So second half was 11 v 8 so I felt I could reduce him further but I didn't get the damage on remaining good players and he managed to dance around me really well and make progress. Jeliel continued to stall which got more and more risky and he failed one too many dodges on his T15, which allowed me to get a 1D hit on his runner, who fumbled his dump off. I managed to get 3 tackle zones on the ball next to my endzone. Howver agi 5 to the rescue blitzed one player off, dodged in scooped it up and dodged away to score :(

Then I showed my noobness and didn't set up properly to be able to hand off to my goblin for a potential throw team mate 1T. Thats what I get for never actually having tried to have done that before. :oops:

GG man, ashame you want to retire the team, you obviously have the skills to rebuild if you wanted to, but I guess with 6 games left things can get alot worse.

TomSchnizz

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Tom Schnizz
Cyanide Username
Le Bread masqué
Country Flag
Refe Rees (@St Cloud ) - Frank Intell's Fun Bunch (@TomSchnizz )

1-1 draw for this one. The game started with a rock stunning a warrior indicating that nuffle had something against nurgle in this one. I could not resist a turn one 5 guys fireball, got a bh on a rotter and not much else. Refe Rees managed to score without much stress on their turn 8 but suffered a couple of ko's in the process including the beast. A lucky foul injured another warrior leaving the nurgles 3 players down for the second half. Injuries and Ko's kept piling on and I decided on being greedy and made a handoff to a wolf for a touchdown. Nothing much happened after that, I decided to stall and go for a draw.

Lucky double on the wolf for the mighty blow. GG @St Cloud, good luck for the rest of the season.

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
My drawing run continues in Altdwarf with a 1-1 against @Jeliel 's dark elves. This was a game I was hoping to win as I had 13 v 9 (plus 2 loners) and I had cash for a wizard.

I elected to receive with the intention of grinding him down and scoring and then stealing with the wizard on his drive. It turned out I had to use the wizard to prevent him from scoring after he lept into my cage and :pow: my thrower. That really shouldn't have been allowed if I had kept guard on my cage corners, bad play on my part. I did manage to recover the ball and get into scoring range on T7, this time the dodge into the cage was against guard and he failed the get the push to prevent my score attempt. I needed 2 gfis to get the score on T8. Jeliel suffered 2 cas (one his str 4 blitzer) and a KO who refused to wake up.

So second half was 11 v 8 so I felt I could reduce him further but I didn't get the damage on remaining good players and he managed to dance around me really well and make progress. Jeliel continued to stall which got more and more risky and he failed one too many dodges on his T15, which allowed me to get a 1D hit on his runner, who fumbled his dump off. I managed to get 3 tackle zones on the ball next to my endzone. Howver agi 5 to the rescue blitzed one player off, dodged in scooped it up and dodged away to score :(

Then I showed my noobness and didn't set up properly to be able to hand off to my goblin for a potential throw team mate 1T. Thats what I get for never actually having tried to have done that before. :oops:

GG man, ashame you want to retire the team, you obviously have the skills to rebuild if you wanted to, but I guess with 6 games left things can get alot worse.

GG, WP, thanks for the game and good luck for the rest of the season. :)

Brody

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Averland

(Ging) Elite Copse 2 - 1 Summerset Isle Altmer (Brody)

Altmer induced a Wizard and we decided to kick off in the rain - and it rained the whole match.

The high elves initially kept the ball centre-field then made a move down our left flank. We managed to keep them somewhat contained, surfed their Blodge/Tackle blitzer, and even the tree managed to move across a couple of turns in succession to add some extra pressure. In the end the Altmer dropped my side-step catcher with a lightning bolt and blitzed a lino out of the way to allow the score, around T4 or 5? 1-0.

Our return drive started without incident and we even managed to stun a couple of high elf lineman, which gave us a bit more space to play with.
Eventually we got a cage in range and scored on T8, 1-1.

2nd half I think we were down by a player or two.
Bribes were handed out, and immediately the high elf merc lino was fouled to death. :eek:
The Altmer we able to put enough pressure on though, and I had to score around T12. 2-1.

In the final few turns the high elves did get within range, but a successful 1d strip ball saw the ball scatter into my player's TZs.
They did a grand job of clearing all but 1 of my TZs off the ball and getting 3 of their own on there.
We then got lucky with a blitz knocking a high elf blitzer onto the ball, which scatter into the arms of my catcher rather than theirs. :rolleyes:
After that we tried to keep it safe, but a dodging blitz into our cage did see the ball on the floor again briefly, but with all the RRs gone the Altmer couldn't repeat the trick on the final turn to set up a potential score.

Thanks for the game @Brody, it wasn't the standard elf v elf affair, with plenty of fouls and not a too many passing plays (probably because of the rain).
Good luck for the rest of the season.

Tough loss. I thought I had a tie at least. Just wasn't in the cards I guess. GG and best of luck.

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
GG, WP, thanks for the game and good luck for the rest of the season. :)
That is a far too diplomatic response for the high stakes pressure of Altdwarf, where is the salt? ;)

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
That is a far too diplomatic response for the high stakes pressure of Altdwarf, where is the salt? ;)
Nah too late for that, was season over after the first game. :D
But if you want I can point out that the play to draw the game was 83.219 % with TRR, while completing the screen the turn before was 86.42 % , while the sack on the ball carrier in the first half was 50.926 % and stopping your score was 69.136 %
Realizing the ottd was quite unlikely but still 18.818 %
My best player failing 2+ dodge with rr into cas was around 1/36 for the dodge ofc and below 7% for the cas.

Apart from the numbers and jokes, you may want to watch your defense, I would put a lot more pressure without overcommitting, there was a moment when i did break were you left 7 players on one flank which made the defending the drive pretty much impossible, though ofc I had to risk a bit to stall with only 7 players left.
Just my 2c, a challenging game nonetheless.

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
Nah too late for that, was season over after the first game. :D
But if you want I can point out that the play to draw the game was 83.219 % with TRR, while completing the screen the turn before was 86.42 % , while the sack on the ball carrier in the first half was 50.926 % and stopping your score was 69.136 %
Realizing the ottd was quite unlikely but still 18.818 %
My best player failing 2+ dodge with rr into cas was around 1/36 for the dodge ofc and below 7% for the cas.

Apart from the numbers and jokes, you may want to watch your defense, I would put a lot more pressure without overcommitting, there was a moment when i did break were you left 7 players on one flank which made the defending the drive pretty much impossible, though ofc I had to risk a bit to stall with only 7 players left.
Just my 2c, a challenging game nonetheless.
Haha, good stuff man, but never tell me the odds! ;)

As for my bad defending I was face palming myself when I realised I had used too many player in attempting to :pow: your Witch elf and left one side greatly exposed, which you took full advantage of. That fact that you had to roll dice at all to score made me happy.

The only event that really made me salty was your non-dodge runner, dodging in, picking up the ball and dodging out of 2 or 3 tackle zones, without needing a RR. It was something like 5+,5+,3+,2+. This event led the use of the wizard the led me crying a river of salt.:mad:

Trunkhead

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Skepticalz
Cyanide Username
Trunkhead
Country Flag
Trunkhead and sbr32 in Ostland

2-1 Nevermind over Re-Born in the Purple

Last edited:

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
The Desecrators (Ch) 0 - 2 Feel the Pain (Ch)
Altdwarf

@Cram won the toss and went on offence, from which point I really felt the pain. I think that the coin toss was the piviotal moment in this clash. As I had 3 players removed on T1. When Cram scored his 1st TD on T8, I had 4 players on the pitch, and when he crossed the line to score again on T16 (After his T16 foul), I had 2 players remaining. He received a fair bit of pain too, but I just couldn't inflict enough, and to be honest, after T2 I was more playing for the survival of my team rather than for the ball (The ball was mainly just a nice distraction which would force him to blitz some of my less essential players lol).

It was a brutal match for both sides though, with many more casualties than what there should have been for the number of blocks. As from 29 blocks, Cram managed to inflict 6 KOs, 6 injuries & 1 kill, while from 30 blocks I managed to inflict 2 KOs, 4 injuries & 1 kill. All in all Nuffle decided to hate us both, with 77% bash luck for Cram & 73% bash luck for me, the casualties were simply much greater than what they should have been for how few blocks we were each making.

The Desecrators:
San-Mulgor (Str 4 beastman with MB/Claw/Block/Tackle) - Dead
Bruce the Bully - Dead, but luckily apoc'd into -agi
Yeltigors (Str 4 beastman with extra arms/block/MB) - -MA

Yeltigors & San-Mulgor were part of a bounty from @Genessius from a few seasons ago. I'm not sure if he knows the bounty is still active, or if (Since Yeltigors won't be retired/killed, only maimed) it'll count as being claimed, but maybe you can check into that Cram. Also with Bruce saved by the apoc, I don't think you'll be able to claim that one either.

Feel the Pain:
Timmy Torture Chair (MB/Claw/Block Beastman) - Dead
Iggy the Iron Maiden (Block/Tackle/Guard/MB Beastman) - MNG

So now I've dropped down to 1470TV for next week, which should make for an interesting clash with Regor's Lizards. Cram's still up at 1990TV, so @stephB 's Von Blitzers won't be getting much of a reprieve (Although I'm sure they'll still appreciate 1 less MB/Claw & 1 less guard).