Big Crunch 2 : MD6 Results Thread

Martin ScoresEasy

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Chickenfish
Country Flag
@ManBearPig's Pants Off Dance Off 1 - 1 My Boring Ol' Orcs

Both teams lost to the dice turning against them on their offensive drive, as we both scored in our defensive halves! I had some fairly unlucky turns with rerolling skulls into skulls and failing a 3+ dodge with my dodging Thrower, but both times I absolutely could've made sure the ball was protected more than it was before doing the rolling. ManBearPigs's Wood Elves quickly used my poor play to scoop up the ball and score. I had 4 turns to score and another offensive drive to do some damage, but was only able to score a few KOs (only one of the elves stayed KO'd), and didn't find the equaliser.

The second half started with Pants Off Dance Off forcing their way down my sideline while keep the ball deep in their half. The Treeman decided T9 was a good time to take root - a decision I wasn't complaining about. The +ST Wardancer who pushed through KO'd a guard blitzer, but I apo'd him to keep myself in the game. Using a 1D push I got the +ST Dancer on the sideline, then blitzed him into the crowd who promptly killed him! An apo came along and brought him back to life, but he's still a MNG. From there, ManBearPig suddenly found himself with the failed dodge and reroll-into-skulls technique that I had used on my offense, only when Wood Elves do this they tend to leave the pitch. I suddenly found a swath of KO's and cas against the elves, and had no trouble making my way to the endzone. However the quickest I could score was T14, and I decided that even if only half of the KO'd players came back, Pants Off Dance Off was much more likely to score in 2 offensive turns than I was in 2 defensive, so I chased some elves around my end zone trying to farm SP and scored on T16.

Thanks for the game, @ManBearPig! Good luck for the rest of the season :)

Shadow

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
shadow runner
Country Flag
@Sudonym - Cunning Calculators (Chaos)-0 vs 2-Apple turnovers (dark elves) in nuln where most teams are chaos and nurgle. My luck seems to come in droves where last week chaos ran over my team with a bus this week I was driving. The match had started with rain and chaos had first turn it start well they knocked down the DE linesmen and picked up the ball. The ball got caught in a grind between the teams and the DE started with KO's and badly hurts which let the dark elves steal the ball and score turn 8. DE went into the second half with a full team but the chaos team only had 8 players and the numbers gave the DE the advantage to score second half as well.

Boneraker

Veteran
Steam Username
Boneraker
Cyanide Username
Boneraker
Country Flag
@Nooobody - Malevolent Creations 2 VS 0 Mordheim Rulers.

Hats off to Noobody for suffering some of the worst dice I have seen for a long time and not complaining once. From a minotaur who seemed to be almost constantly enraged, even when on the ground for three turns in the first half, to failed GFI's double skulls and an injured Chaos Warrior and a handful of KO'd beastmen. And, that was all before half time.

On the other hand, my luck was really quite good. To top it all off I rolled six for gold and a Flesh Golem got the MVP.

Better luck for the rest of the season, Noobody. It couldn't get much worse that's for sure.

Last edited:

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Averland

(Crowdog09) Bad Moon Goons 1 - 3 Elite Copse (Ging)

The orcs induced a Wiz and my woodies decided to kick off.
Perfect Defence let us reduce the number of LoS hits we took, and then I forgot I'd finally got someone with the Kick skill and aimed it dead-centre as usual. :oops:
The Goons got the ball in the centre and moved up to just behind LoS, and KO'd my tree. :eek:
I think around T3 we got an opportunity to hit the ball-carrying ST4 thrower with 1 assist and my Dauntless wardancer, who knocked him down. He also then managed to pickup the ball in 1 TZ and dodge away.
We were able to get a bit of a screen going, and some unhelpful blocks for the orcs saw us able to escape and score around T4 or 5. 0-1.

Next kick off unfortunately saw a Blitz! (which I believe cost Crowdog in his last match too), and we were able to get a catcher under the ball, who caught it.
It wasn't straightforward though, because a snake-eyed dodge on my next turn saw the ball carrier exposed and taken down, however the orc thrower then fluffed the pickup.
We managed to push an orc blitzer onto the ball and it scattered to my Blodge lino who caught it, although he'd already moved and was in base contact with the blitzer.
Luckily he was able to survive two attempts to bring him down on T8, and we were then able to free him up and pass to a catcher for the score, 0-2.

2nd half we were down 11 v 9 and the orcs had us restricted into a small area on T10.
We did manage to squeeze through a weak spot though and get enough bodies round to keep the momentum of the breakaway going to score around T12. 0-3.

We were down to 8 players for the final kick off and couldn't put up too much resistance as the orcs got a couple of scoring threats in range for T16.
They took down my remaining WD on the last turn and passed the ball off to the AG4 goblin who ran in to score, 1-3.

Thanks for the game @Crowdog09, the crucial moments definitely didn't go your way.
To be honest I was hoping to escape out of that with perhaps a draw and not too much damage, winning with zero perm damage (just 2 BHs) was more than I could've hoped for.

Mikko

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Mikko
Country Flag
Now that the coach of Drifters actually showed up, they managed to win 2-0 against Death by Drowning in a game that saw 2 blitzes, pitch invasion and very localized lightning bolt centered on Cracking Sternum, luckily the wolf survived it and 3 fouls that would follow. Dice were pretty onesided to my benefit, i was confident that i could grind out 2-1 victory after the wizard failed to do any damage, but Dynamo failed the dodge to score in turn 13 (i think it was), i managed to snag the ball with my rookie ghoul run it in turn 16 while Dynamos players just could not get out of the pitch fast enough.

So, 2 teams of lizards to go and Oriliensis´s freak team...who knows, maybe the Drifters can still crawl their way to Altdwarf.

GG DynamoDes

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
The trimming of my TV continues, with a 1-2 loss to Insconscients. I had another lino die, and a catcher that was saved from death by the apothecary, so now 6 death rolls in the last two games. So that's 600K of TV removed from the team since the beginning of the season. I had a chance at a defensive touchdown in the first half on a 2+2+2+ with team reroll (and a Catch reroll on the handoff it it had come to that), but I had to reroll the dodge and then of course the pickup failed. Overall the dice were in my favor, but with my defensive score failing and another 2+ defensive pickup failing that would have put me in a pretty good position, I had failures when it mattered.

Shadow

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
shadow runner
Country Flag
@jounisii - The Revenge of an Elf(Chaos) 1-2 Apple turnovers (dark elves) Highlights include a double one on a witch elf during a gang foul resulting in the ejection of the chaos team's main ball carrier. The chaos team failing then making the reroll of a gfi to score and generally me being very lucky and pushing nuffle's good grace.

YsengrinSC

Courier Staff
Steam Username
YsengrinSC
Country Flag
@steveo110 - A super strange match that looked to be a lopsided win for Necromantic, with a kick-off to Necro and only 6 of my skaven on the field. After spending half of the half moving people around and trying to make throws, one of the Ghouls drops the ball off close enough for my gutter runner to run and throw the ball away. However the Necros recovered the ball and I tripped on a 2+ dodge to mark, and opted to save my re-roll for a 1TTD, which I ended up not using. Final score 2-2.

I did have two of my gutter runners injured (-ST and -AV) so while I'm happy to get a tie, this probably stops me from crawling up any higher in the table.

jounisii

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jounisii
Country Flag
@jounisii - The Revenge of an Elf(Chaos) 1-2 Apple turnovers (dark elves) Highlights include a double one on a witch elf during a gang foul resulting in the ejection of the chaos team's main ball carrier. The chaos team failing then making the reroll of a gfi to score and generally me being very lucky and pushing nuffle's good grace.

That happened. Missing the only tackle didn't help and even when the emos went down, nothing happened. Quite frustrating, but BB can be. GG Shadow.

steveo110

Veteran
Steam Username
steveo110
Country Flag
@steveo110 - A super strange match that looked to be a lopsided win for Necromantic, with a kick-off to Necro and only 6 of my skaven on the field. After spending half of the half moving people around and trying to make throws, one of the Ghouls drops the ball off close enough for my gutter runner to run and throw the ball away. However the Necros recovered the ball and I tripped on a 2+ dodge to mark, and opted to save my re-roll for a 1TTD, which I ended up not using. Final score 2-2.

I did have two of my gutter runners injured (-ST and -AV) so while I'm happy to get a tie, this probably stops me from crawling up any higher in the table.

Yeeeeessssss. Typical Skaven BS saves the day.

Managed to put good pressure on the ball carrier 1st half forcing a Skaven score way too early, leaving me plenty of time to level before half time while punishing his team in the process.

Start the 2nd half receiving with only 6 Skaven (and only 1 of them a Gutter) facing me. Wary of the 4 in the KO box I decide there is nothing to gain from a fast score and carefully move up the pitch. The Skaven don't contest and hide out of harms way, so I quickly end up near the TD zone and decide now's the time to try and get SPP on my Wight that is still on a fat zero.

Cue 4 failed hand offs over 3 turns, and a failed 4+ catch that leaves the ball in only 1 tackle zone, which the gutter collects - naturally.

Finally win the ball back and score (with the Ghoul, so Wighty is still on 0SPP...) and set up to stop the 1 turner, safe in the knowledge that I knobbled his m10 gunner earlier in the match.

So, he naturally gets all the blocks he needs to set up the 2+, 2+, 3+, 3+, 3+, 3+, 3+, 3+, 2+, 2+, 2+ to win without even using his team RR.

What I want to know is:

How come I can never pull off that kind of BS!! *walks away muttering under his breath...*

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
Crimson Calamity (Dark Elves) goes up against their holier-than-thou brethren Summerset Isle Altmer (High Elves) in the Averland Division. The final score was a 4-0 victory.

Cannot say this was an overly fair fight. The high elves, coached by @Brody , was around 500 TV below my own guys and with one less season played overall. For his inducements he bought Morg'n'thorg and a Bloodweiser Babe; Both did their jobs and tasks decently but didn't perform any amazing or game-changing feats. Without going into any details, I played an aggressive elf-bullshit game featuring lots of leaping around and making plenty of passes, and it came together beautifully most of the time. Meanwhile, Brody did a good job with his positioning but struggled to break away to score - He made one great attempt, needing 2 GFI's to score (with a reroll) and failed it. Really unfortunate because he definitely deserved that TD.

I cannot imagine it was a ton of fun for Brody to play against my team, but he was still a good sport about the whole ordeal. I wish him the best of luck with his team in future battles on the Blood Bowl pitch!

Brody

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
@Sataric Your elf team is scary. Lucky none of us suffered big losses for our team, just a linemen of yours with no spp I think. Brutal game for me, as everything I tried failed. Instances where my catcher with catch dropped passes, but a guy of yours without catch makes a 5+.. Even if my luck was better I would of still lost but it would have most likely been 2-1 or 3-2 imo. It's crazy you have 3 5ag players =[ I had one tackle.. LOL. This is my second season, so if you managed to make a 1900 team in 2 and a half seasons... That's nuts. GG and GL the rest of the way.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
This is my second season, so if you managed to make a 1900 team in 2 and a half seasons... That's nuts. GG and GL the rest of the way.

I sure did. :cool: Playing like a madman came with quite a few deaths and losses though, especially during my second season, but my SPP gain per match has been incredibly high. Currently the number one Scoring team, Passing team, and Sacking team in all of Big Crunch 2, if the StatsGrabber is to be trusted! Our motto is: If you cannot outsmart and outplay your opponent, why not outlevel them!? :p

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
@Veggente85 GG WP thanks for the game and good luck for the rest of the season.
1.jpg

TBarb

Star Player
Steam Username
TBarbaren
Country Flag
Nuln MD6 90´s Mixed Tape vs 2 Namby 2 Pambies
Last season this game ended in a draw. With Mixed Tape parked in the bottom of the table we were in a need of a victory.
The elfs came into this game a bit mangled from earlier game and coach TBarb was a bit disturbed by the sight of a wizard on the guests bench, not disturbed enough to remember not to put almost the entire team as a perfect target for a fireball, down went a few people and most people in the stands thought the elfs were gonna steal a TD. Some lucky moves by the 90´s saw them back in possession of the ball.
Turn 6 and things looked good - according to rumors TBarb called his brother to tell him about the TD. The urge to use Hurt for a blitz and when he got a bit to excited ment a lost blitzmove, the beastmen got a bit scared and didn´t move up far enough so when turn 8 came up the elfs had put up a defence that was more or less impossible to get passed, and so it was. 0-0 in halftime. But chaosbashing had payed of with the elfs not being able to field more than 8 players for the second half. This continued with @toastguy7 putting up an impressive stalling move and it took some crazy moves on turn 16 with no Reroll for Mixed Tape to steal the win.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
In Nuln it ends as a 1 1 draw between Disciples and the Drones.

I managed to do enough damage but couldn't prevent the late TD in the first half. With all the fodder out of the way it could of snowballed but it didn't so it ends a draw. Which I am happy with as I started the match with no Tackle or Wrestle against plenty of Blodge.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Altdwarf saw my Norse Moon Shiners emerge 2:1 winners over @Smeik and his Vermin Vendetta Skaven team.

12 Norse vs 11 rats meant a 110 petty cash advantage to the rats, they bought a bribe. I won the toss, received, and managed to play about the worst 3 or 4 initial turns I have ever done. I was thinking "What am I doing" the whole time, but that did not stop me:rolleyes:. A little 'help' from Nuffle and by T4 I had burned through my 3 rerolls, and had my carrier isolated in the backfield surrounded by 4 rats. Needless to say they scored shortly afterwards.

Then I woke up. Managed to get a few cas to compensate for the 2 cas I suffered in the 1st turns, scored my T8 to equalise and rats were down to 7, a rock on the kick off made that 6 and 1-1 at the half.

2nd half was 7 vs 10 (me) and we gave up a sideline then flooded it. Rats managed a break out and got a gutter on the opposite touchline. 3 plus 2 plus dodge with my Agi 4 runner (which ironically was rolled 3,2) then saw 2 GFI's to surf him which we made with a RR on GFI#2. Rats left the pitch injured/dead KO'd and it was a simple run in to win T16. Rats down to 3 players by then.

GG Smeik, you had horrible GFI dice, my block dice were not much better though. Enjoy the inducements for the last few games;).

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
1-0 Ori's Best at Being Bad vs my not-really-best at anything. Witch leaped in for the strip and the agi 6 was able to recover the ball and get it caged. My agi 5 duo was only able to do half of that near the end of the second so Ori won.