Cyanide Blood Bowl 2 Bretonnian Skills

Kylusen

Rookie
Country Flag
So I've been playing Blood Bowl 2 and have been trying out the Bretonnians and have had trouble choosing their skills. For people who don't know stats ill put the players real quick
16 / Linemen / 40K / 6,3,2,7 / Fend / General
4 / Blocker / 70k / 6,3,3,8 / Wrestle / General,Strength
4 / Blitzer / 110k / 7,3,3,8 / Block,Catch,Dauntless / General,Passing

now one of the big ones I'm having trouble with are their blitzers while they come with quite a few skills they have access to passing and general which makes me have a hard time choosing. at the moment I have gotten Sure hands on 1 and have taken Tackle on another but I'm having trouble on what to take from there. So far I was thinking of specializing each of them into different roles but I'm not sure if it would be effective.

Hoping to get some other opinions on what people are doing with them

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag
SH on one, Leader on one, Frenzy on one, Tackle on all. After that you had better hope for stats and/or doubles.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
After tackle you could take fend. Having 7 fenders on the pitch could be really annoying.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
That looks like a really boring team to both play and play against (universal fend! Auto-wrestle on strength players!), I wish they'd just reskinned Slann or something. For the blitzers their throwing access is pretty much useless outside leader, I'd build one carrier (sure hands, fend, kick-off return) then just go with the punchy general skills on the others - tackle, frenzy, pro, strip ball etc. You could take wrestle on one or two of them as well, normally it's redundant with block but with such a limited pool of skills to choose from it could be worth considering.

Last edited:

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
If they had S access then they would be great. But without it and with 2 normal skills already there isn't much choice.

One of them wants to be the main ballcarrier. However you really want to wait and hope for an AG increase rather than picking sure hands 1st.

That leaves Tackle and Fend assuming no doubles as a 1st skill

Kick is an option for one of them as the blockers have S access so have better things to pick and with all the positionals there is no room for a lineman off the LoS.
Leader on 1 when you run out of things to pick and frenzy when you have enough guard to back it up.

As nice as dodge would be on doubles guard has to be the 1st choice.

I am not sure you really want all 4 blitzers. I can see a build working where you just have 1 to carry the ball , Blockers with MB and PO and linemen with a mix of block and DP.
They are clearly the worst 100K+ player in the game when it comes to long term development.

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
They must be really TV efficient. You can get 4 of each positional an apo and 6 linemen for 1010. This is surely the ultimate fouling team? Are rerolls 50k? If so then your team might be

Blitzer - sure hands, pass, accurate
Blitzer - tackle, frenzy
Blitzer - tackle, guard
Blitzer - tackle
Blocker - guard, MB
Blocker - guard
Blocker - guard
Blocker - guard
Lineman - block
Lineman - DP
Lineman - DP
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman

3 rerolls plus apo

I make that only 1540 TV! That's amazing for a very developed team. You should be getting a wizard most matches...

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
They must be really TV efficient. You can get 4 of each positional an apo and 6 linemen for 1010. This is surely the ultimate fouling team? Are rerolls 50k? If so then your team might be

Blitzer - sure hands, pass, accurate
Blitzer - tackle, frenzy
Blitzer - tackle, guard
Blitzer - tackle
Blocker - guard, MB
Blocker - guard
Blocker - guard
Blocker - guard
Lineman - block
Lineman - DP
Lineman - DP
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman

3 rerolls plus apo

I make that only 1540 TV! That's amazing for a very developed team. You should be getting a wizard most matches...

That is an interesting way to look at it, you could also just cycle through blitzers rehiring them to go for more doubles for extra guard where needed, and when you have to take more skills on blockers tackle is nice for them too.

The blitzers really need to have S access to be honest though, or increase the price of them a bit and make them all start with AG4 as they are supposed to do "everything" I believe I heard somewhere. Obviously none of what I said in this sentance will happen though.

Kylusen

Rookie
Country Flag
Are rerolls 50k?

Sadly the Rerolls for this team are actually 70k which makes it so you have to start 2 rerolls if you go full positionals, though i do like the idea of fouling with them since the linemen are dirt cheap

At the moment I'm thinking of testing how they'd function down a blitzer in favor of the 3rd reroll just cause i dont want to save up the 140k for the 3rd later down the road

Last edited:

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
They strike me as a handy low TV team. With some speed and 8 block/wrestlers and reasonable armour they could certainly do a job in a short league. It's just a bit odd that they are in cyanide which is mostly long term leagues.

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
With 8 of your rookies having block and wrestle then they are probably good early on, too.

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag
That fouling build is taking the mick right? They can be a very strong min-max team for sure, and I guess you could add some reserves to that to make a fouling team. Maybe the anti c-pomb team.

Last edited:

Tjorne

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
.marXman. (BB1), Tjorne (BB2)
Country Flag
Looks like a bunch of fast Zombies but no Mummies to me.

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag
Consider the following rooster for a fouling team:

Blitzer - Dodge, Surehands, Kick, Leader = 200
Blocker - PO, MB, Tackle, Frenzy, JU = 180
Blocker - Guard = 90
Blocker - Guard = 90
Blocker - Guard = 90
Lineman - DP = 60
Lineman - DP = 60
Lineman - DP = 60
Lineman - Block, Guard = 90
6 Linemen = 240

1 RR =70
Apo = 50
9 FF = 90

Stadium that gives a bribe + other stuff.

15 mens, 1370 TV and pretty rowdy!

I think the + bribes stadium will be pretty popular and a very nice buff to fouling. Cyanide have unnerfed DP 2015 at least a little!

Last edited:

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag
Well it's hard to like anything now that I have found out about the journeyman and bank problems heh.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I like the Bret roster. It's a nice cross of Dwarves and Humans at low TV. However I am not sure how good a fit they are in BB2. I suspect that the changes in BB2 were worked out for the problems in balancing the TT game (mostly Tournaments and short leagues). Then Cyanide took them and applied them to it's game (mostly MM and Perpetual Leagues).

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
Is there a comprehensive list of the changes from CRP in BB2 anywhere?

Xamnen

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Xamnen
Country Flag
Looking at the roster the Brets seem wicked in early development and fighting off slow-bashers (low armor on linemen yes, but fend negates piling on and frenzy, and great for stalling cages since the linemen are so cheap), but I'm afraid they will get really bad past 1500 TV for the obviously awful skill choices. I guess you could cut any player who doesn't roll a double for their first three skills? And is there any reason to take the wrestle guys? Strength access on someone who starts with wrestle is a massive waste of potential

Maybe we can convince Cyanide to replace the wrestle guys with peasents with Strength access, to create a possibly competitive team that focuses on low TV? That sounds like it would at least be interesting to play with all the inducement games

Last edited: