1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyanide COL Champions Ladder III

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by Breidr, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Breidr

Breidr Member

Cyanide Username:
    Breidr
    Country Flag:
    New year, new season. Going to fire up the thread to see what everyone else is up to.
    My Blood Bowl box came in today, so I'll have that spiffy new jersey on my next team.

I've made a couple of teams and I'm not sure which I want to focus on this season. Anyone noticing trends this season? I know a lot of Nurgle showed up last season. I was contemplating grinding a human team, but I'm not sure I could hang at higher TV's with them, Norse are in the same boat. Lizards maybe? I'll figure it out on my next day off. See a lot of the more experienced coaches already have Dark Elves up and running, could be a B**tard and roll some Dwarves :p.

I do have one serious question to ask: Have they changed the ranking formula at all, or does it appear to be the same as season II?

2. Ravers

Ravers Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Ravers
    Country Flag:
    Well I just rolled a Norse team. 1st match vs Orcs. My Yhetee attempted 3 blocks in the game. 1'st block :skull::skull:. Reroll failed due to loner. 2nd block he attempted :skull::skull: reroll failed due to loner. 3rd block he attempted :skull::skull::skull: reroll failed due to loner and thankfully KO'd himself to save me any more agony. So thats 7 block dice, 7 :skull:. Nice. Orc opponent went to score T8 needing 1 GFI, rolled 1, reroll 1 , injured. It ended 0-0 after a comical dicing for both teams, my Ulf rolling :bothdown::bothdown: with my last action and killing himself. Sometimes Nuffle is just having a laugh.

I'll leave the replay up for a bit if anyone wants a giggle, Ice Road Truckers.

Orielensis likes this.
  3. Breidr

Breidr Member

Cyanide Username:
    Breidr
    Country Flag:
    I'm going to have to watch that one when I get off work! Good stuff!

4. Orielensis

Orielensis Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    Well they appear to have royally messed up the ranking and leaderboard, may get fixed this morning according to Netheos.

Yesterday there were identical record teams both above and below teams with a differing record and many people had matches not registering (my 3-0-0 helves shown and ranked as 1-0-0).

Netheos suggested the temporary fix would be reversion to the S2 rankings. Personally I hope it stays that way. The S2 playoff is full of really good coaches. I think a formula that prefers near perfect records at about the 30-40 games mark seems good for rewarding skill over grinding or pure luck in a shorter sequence.

5. stephB

stephB Active Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    I have to agree on the S2 ranking being an improvement on S1. I managed to play just under 30 game for both seasons with similar results, S2 my Orcs went 18/8/3 which placed them in the top 80, S1 I don't think I was near the top 200 :(

Any idea what the proposal was for S3?

6. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I think we are waiting for precise details - @notorious noob would be a good guy to say, I am not a ladder person really (can't really play enough even with a 30 soft cap).

But the S3 formula was supposed to be more grindy again. I think Dode said you get increasing credit for win percentage with games played so no idea where the sweet point will be but likely higher than 40?

7. stephB

stephB Active Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    Well either way I doubt I would break 30 games played and I need to convert all those draws to wins to have any chance! :(

8. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    It has improved the standard of random mm games.

I do like to put together perfect run streaks as long as I can manage but it's a mini game rather than qualification tilt.

Essentially it's now a pretty good place to play for fun on demand.

9. notorious noob

notorious noob Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I dont know what the formula will be, whatever they are currently using is different from season 2. They indeed said they were updating/fixing the ladder this morning but it is already afternoon gmt+1.

I am waiting around at the moment till verything is clear, I play quite a lot but even for me more then the 30 games for season 2 becomes quite a stretch.

10. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
  11. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    I will wait to read the first and last sentences of what VoodooMike has to say about it with baited breath

12. Orielensis

Steam Username:
    Orielensis
    Cyanide Username:
    Orielensis
    Country Flag:
    The missing games issue is still not resolved even though rankings have evidently shifted ...

13. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    Well it's never going to be perfect. We are iterating to a moving point here. Any ranking system would depend on total number of games played, total number of teams playing and how the coaches behave. These will change every season and there is no way to know in advance how they will change for certain.

There will be mistakes along the way but in my own personal opinion MM is much more attractive. I am never going to qualify as I don't play enough games and I don't take it seriously enough. However I have not played this much MM since I started playing leagues and that is a long time ago.

14. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Active Member

Steam Username:
    gootti
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    For me, season 1 was completely uninteresting. Second I gave a try but didnt just play enough. And now this seems promising, but I know I have rough time meeting enough GPs.

15. sbr32

sbr32 Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    sbr32
    Country Flag:
    Exactly.

16. Ilgoth

Ilgoth Active Member

Steam Username:
    gootti
    Cyanide Username:
    Ilgoth
    Country Flag:
    Well I just trashed an obnoxious nurgle guy as my first match, started another human season with "Trindlum Drainers". He killed one of my blitzer (apoc failed) during my offensive, but I still managed to score with a clearing pass. After that, he started acting up and talking how he just gets it even during his drive but he doesnt take any draws to his team. I was like, "uh fine". Well his drive was short, my thrower injured his ball carrier pestigor around turn 11. Then he wanted me to "press end turn until the end", but I refused as I wanted try and farm more SPP by scoring. Well, then it was some bragging about injuring my team but it all ended with just him afking last couple of turns after realising its not happening. :D 2-0 result.