1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elf Elven Union build.

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by cjblackburn, Dec 9, 2016.

1. cjblackburn

cjblackburn Courier Staff

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I'm going to a one day 3 match tournament and I thought I might cheat and play an AG4 team.

110 build 5 normal and 1 double skills.

I was thinking.

blitzer with guard
    blitzer with dodge
    thrower with leader
    catcher with wrestle
    2*catcher with dodge
    6 lineelves

2 rrs
    1 apo

Thats 12 players and an apo. Not as good as woodies but should be annoying to face.

So any tips, improvements or suggestions gratefully received.

2. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    I'd take a tackle player, maybe switch the guard to one of the catchers and put it on the blitzer.

3. tys123

tys123 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I like the skills as they are. Wrestle is doing the job of the Tackle player while still being useful against block players.
    Block guard sidestep is too useful IMO to move the guard onto a player without either skill.
    I would consider having a block catcher instead of one of the dodge ones as it gives you another "safe" blitz option.

4. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Ah I was working under the assumption we were talking high elves, hmm that changes things

5. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    That teaches me to use the new team names.

6. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    I played a quick and dirty game with the above and I'm not sure I'm going to do that well with them. I just play too Hybrid so I might switch a dodge for a block. However i might see what the ruling is for cards first. If I get a free one I might keep the dodge to allow me to adapt on the fly to the craziness.

7. cjblackburn

Cyanide Username:
    cjblackburn
    Country Flag:
    How are my Elves going? They are in the box till they learn to be a proper team! Naughty Elves.

I played a match with them got a 1 die on to the ball carrier dodged a lineelf through multiple tacklezones lobbed a pass to a marked catcher who ran off with the ball and scored. Great Elf play but I just felt so damn guilty and sorry for the guy I was playing I really didn't enjoy it. A double one or score in the 2nd half prevented me running up a big score and I lost most of my team but I was 2 0 up at that point and still feeling bad. It might be different online but ball hawks are out in TT for a till I learn to not care.

I just don't enjoy abusing some of the outlying skill combinations in BB. Apart from Stunty and Titchy of course the power gamers choice. So I am undecided as to what to play. I'm playing Ogres in upcoming league and the big local tournament so I might go for the hat trick especially as it's non NAF.

Borke likes this.
  8. Borke

Borke Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Borke
    Country Flag:
    At least in league play, being fragile actually is a long term disadvantage - that's how I can justify playing Elves. Also, having built up enough karma by playing Underworld for a looong time. It's payback time! :D