Lizardman Got a tournament coming up.

Superfrogs

Veteran
Country Flag
Thinking of doing lizardmen, but not sure what to do. It's a ressurection tournament.
We are allowed up to 2 star players, and they count towards the required 11. I want to include silibili, but I feel he costs to much. No other inducements allowed. Lizardmen are allowed 6 skills, two can be doubles, no more than 4 of a skill.

I was thinking

3 saurus /w block
2 saurus with guard
Sarus
4 skink
3 rerolls
Krox /w block

That leaves me 40000. I guess I could take cheerleaders, fan factor and assistant coaches.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
With two doubles I'd be tempted to take block or SHands on a Skink. Probably sure hands to keep your 3 block saurus.

I like fan factor in tournaments over coaches or cheerleaders. Fame can win matches you shouldn't extra rerolls are nice but not great.

Superfrogs

Veteran
Country Flag
Also, the final round allows two linemen to take mutation upgrades, should I give two skinks extra arms?

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I'd definitely take Sure hands on a skink over a 2nd guard on a Saurus. With 6 Str 4 (3 with block), and a Str 5 with block you should not be out muscled (unless you go up vs a lot of Khemri!) so I would rather have the increased chance of picking up the ball.
As to mutations on "two linemen" what counts as linemen for lizards? If you could get tentacles on the Krox that would be kinda nice, Claw obviously on a Saurus/Krox. On a skink I'd probably prefer 2 heads over extra arms but extra arms does give you a very valid hand off threat.

Superfrogs

Veteran
Country Flag
I think skinks do, but I'm not sure. I'll ask the organizer and get back to you . So two heads would be better on a skink.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I think skinks do, but I'm not sure. I'll ask the organizer and get back to you . So two heads would be better on a skink.

Well I would prefer 2 Heads, does not mean it is better though..if it was raining you'll kick yourself for not taking extra arms:confused:

And technically Saurus should be your linemen as I don't think anyone would put skinks on the line btw!

Last edited:

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
2 heads on a skink is massive. Having 2 players who have mv8 and can walk through the opponents lines. Don't rely on it but for those last turn TD attempts it will be great.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Block 4 Saurus, wrestle the other two. 2 heads for mutations. Blocking skills are the biggest factor in playing tournament lizards. Sure hands is nice but you have three rerolls already and you just have to control where woodies can leap from.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I would take the block on the Krox to discourage the 1d or -2d vs him and make his loner blocks so much safer. Never played a tournament though so...

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Block 4 Saurus, wrestle the other two. 2 heads for mutations. Blocking skills are the biggest factor in playing tournament lizards. Sure hands is nice but you have three rerolls already and you just have to control where woodies can leap from.
Woah, long time no see

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Took some time out from online BB after death of LFC. Trialling the UKBBLs BB2 league now the racial diversity is better. Dropped in to see what's happening :)

Superfrogs - was chatting to a former CC lizard champion and he threw tentacles for the Krox into the mix. Would be pretty nifty.

Superfrogs

Veteran
Country Flag
Took some time out from online BB after death of LFC. Trialling the UKBBLs BB2 league now the racial diversity is better. Dropped in to see what's happening :)

Superfrogs - was chatting to a former CC lizard champion and he threw tentacles for the Krox into the mix. Would be pretty nifty.
Can't do that for this one, it's linemen only who get mutations, otherwise I would.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
I would take the block on the Krox to discourage the 1d or -2d vs him and make his loner blocks so much safer. Never played a tournament though so...

I'm in favor of -2 dies against guys like black orcs, but it's a big risk to try it against a player with MB. I'd be happy to let them try.