Munch Cup #4 MD2 Results

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
In Zhufbar my incompetent Nurgle lads lost to @Aczino 's Wood Elves 1-0. Weird game. Beast did really well tying up players in the 1st half and I thought I had held the elves after we made them receive. Alas a loner woodie rolled a -2d block vs the beast :pow::pow: (stunned him too!) freeing up the Str 2 catcher from the tentacles and some elven rolls later it was 1:0.

2nd half I wasted both my rerolls trying to pick up the ball and we never got close to scoring. My loner managed to kill an elf which I did not realise until after the game and I missed the chance to hire him....1 on the winnings and the MVP to a rotter again and bleargh - Nurgle:(.

GG @Aczino you got to beat me which makes up for our Munch Cup Season 1 game I guess;). Enjoyed the game.

TomSchnizz

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Tom Schnizz
Cyanide Username
Le Bread masqué
Country Flag
upload_2017-1-8_10-0-23.png

GG @Regor. In Zhufbar, it should've been a loss for Slick's Crew or at least a tie but Nuffle had plans of death, snake eyes and durable KO's for the poor elves. Lucky second mvp on the Flesh Golem, fun times. Looking forward for next game elvish revenge.

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
GG @SlyAnimal crazy match.
Thank for the game and good luck for the rest of the tournament.

1.jpg

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
B is for Bash 2 - 2 The Dead Hunter

We had a 2-2 draw because I was stupid :( The undead had some absolutely terrible luck, like a 1/81 fail on one turn, then another 1/81 the following turn, allowing me to turnover the ball on their drive, then I think a 1d blitz on my carrier for a 1/9 fail. Meanwhile I was removing their players left right and center without even needing MB, mainly KOs, I think I only inflicted 1x casualty (Dead zombie on my 1st block), and then after I scored on their drive to go up 1-0 none of their KOs came back, so it was 6 vs 10 in the 2nd half, meaning I could effectively rinse and repeat for complete control again.

But I was stupid, I had complete control of the game, and the goading of "I'd go for 4-0 if I was you" went to my head, so I scored instead of doing the smart thing and stalling for a 2-0 win. So then the undead got their KOs back, scored a 2 turn TD on their drive, then my orc thrower failed his surehands pickup 2 turns in a row allowing them to blitz him out of the way and scoop up the ball for a TD to sneak in a 2-2 draw.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Complete insanity as my necro defeat @Awesomedude54's rats 3-1.

A really terrible dicing, with the rats ending the game with 2 sent off and 6 cas including 3 deaths for one (regen'd) cas on a zombie in reply.

gg and wp NoseDive, I really dislike games where Nuffle does this!

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
My Necros pulled out a 2:1 win against @Brody's High Elves.

Elves played valiantly but in the end there were not enough of them to stop us.

GG, @Brody and good luck in the future matches!

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
50 Shades of Black 2 - Haughty White-Lions 0 in Wissenland.
This game probably came down to dice. Farsha elected to defend first. I was able to get a bunch of KOs (like maybe 5?) during my drive, so I was able to stall until T8. On the High Elf drive, I got a Blitz! on the kickoff. The kick was on the edge of the High Elf side of the pitch. I was able to get a guy underneath the ball, but unfortunately he missed the catch, and it bounced onto my side for a touchback. This left me slightly out of position, but I was able to recover to start putting a little bit of pressure on the cage. Then I had a Turn Over on a failed 2D block, but I had a guy in contact with his carrier. Farsha attempted a blitz, but that ended with a Turn Over on a 2d block (with reroll), so I was able to sack the carrier and managed to catch the ball. But my guy was not in a very good position. If I remember correctly, Farsha attempted a dodge to reposition to try and hit my carrier, but the dodge snake eyed, and I was able to run the ball free for a score on T15.

Thanks for the game Farsha. I think this match was really determined by the dice, which generally favored me.

Brody

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
My Necros pulled out a 2:1 win against @Brody's High Elves.

Elves played valiantly but in the end there were not enough of them to stop us.

GG, @Brody and good luck in the future matches!
GG. Didn't go as I wanted. You had the drop every step of the way. I couldn't get anything going. GL the rest of the season.