1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules New halfling team starting question?

Discussion in 'League and Team Development Tactics' started by BoJenkins, Mar 19, 2017 at 3:13 AM.

1. BoJenkins

BoJenkins New Member

Country Flag:
    hello folks, first post here so don't pummel me into a pile right away please.

So I'm entering a new league with a halfling team and was wondering if this worked. So the team is:

11 halflings - 330,000
    2 treeman - 240,000
    2 re-rolls - 120,000

This totals to 690,000, does this mean in game 1 of the season I can buy the halfling master chef (100,000) and grak and crumbleberry (210,000) as inducements (using my 310,000 left over) or is this not allowed.

Cheers in advance :D

2. stephB

stephB Active Member

Steam Username:
    stephB
    Cyanide Username:
    stephB
    Country Flag:
    It will depend on the league rules, best to talk to the person setting it up.

3. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Grak and Crumbleberry eh, new stars? Any good?

4. Zoraster

Zoraster Member

Country Flag:
    Nope, crap created for new models with zero testing of rules. Broken as hell and yet another new skill despite the promise from the designers that they were not going to keep doing this with new models.

They are badly underpriced at 210k for a sure handed fling and a +ag ogre, both without loner (widely assumed to be an error but yet to be officially changed to my knowledge... granted I've not been paying much attention) and kick teammate on the ogre totally nullifies kick's ability to kill a one turner and is far too reliable at getting goblins in particular into scoring range. It works just like a kick, so you can set up in the centre of your own half and kick your boy to centre of the opposite half with a 5 in 8 chance of scattering towards or along the endzone. Even if you hit the 3 in 8 backwards you still can hope for a good low roll on the d6 for a goblin. The only roll you have to make is landing so far far more reliable than ttm, and should you have a ttm option too you can send two players downfield as the ktm doesn't use your pass action giving you two bites of the cherry if the scatter gods are against you.

5. tys123

tys123 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    In a normal league I would drop a fling. That way if you opponent is only 990K you still get enough inducements and can save your own cash in case anyone dies.

6. TravelScrabble

TravelScrabble Well-Known Member

Steam Username:
    travelscrabble
    Cyanide Username:
    travelscrabble
    Country Flag:
    Oh wow it does sound broken as hell.

7. DeBonic

DeBonic New Member

Country Flag:
    I'm thinking maybe a house rule for kick teammate could be an armor role with MB modifier when kicked. IF they pass that, they get an opportunity to attempt a landing. If KO or casualty, they get removed immediately and its a turnover. If it is a stun result, they still get kicked down field, but have to roll for injury upon landing, still a turnover even if remains a stun. Makes it a bit more of a desperation move.

8. PaloLV

PaloLV Member

Cyanide Username:
    PaloLV
    Country Flag:
    No way they should be immediately removed if injured by the kick. Much more fun if the broken corpse of the kicked player still has a chance to take out an opposing player with his landing.