2 orc throwers. *nod*

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
Wait what, so they don't even give you enough to make a full team? Half the Black orcs, blitzers, and catchers you need. No big guy option. No Goblins. Why?

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Wait what, so they don't even give you enough to make a full team? Half the Black orcs, blitzers, and catchers you need. No big guy option. No Goblins. Why?
Exactly my thoughts. This blows!

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
I have an older edition of the box, and it has the same mix of player models. So it's no worse than it used to be, but no better, either.

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
I have an older edition of the box, and it has the same mix of player models. So it's no worse than it used to be, but no better, either.
How old is said box? I'd like to have a reference to how long GW has been stagnant in their game production.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
How old is said box? I'd like to have a reference to how long GW has been stagnant in their game production.

I'm not sure. The rulebook says "2002 Edition" and "Copyright 2002". It doesn't have Wrestle as a skill, so it's pre-LRB5. There's only 12 team rosters in the rulebook (Chaos Dwarf, Chaos, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Goblin, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Orc, Skaven, Undead, and Wood Elf.) Interestingly, the Star Player list has Silibili available for the Lizardman team, but doesn't list Lizardman as a playable team. Wood Elf catchers were still 9/2/4/7.

I got it pretty recently before BB went out of print, but I don't know if this was the most recent in-print edition, or maybe it was an even older edition that happened to be sitting around a while.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
The last boxed game did come out with the same line ups I believe.

Whilst I would prefer it for myself to have gone for 16 players with the big guys for both teams. I already have a Human and Orc team so I am not as bothered. This is a boxed game designed to be played straight away by people who don't know the game.

I believe they will be releasing boosters for the teams including the big guys so for the more experienced coaches you can pretty quickly pick up the optimal teams. As always it will come down to price. GW has released some 'cheaper' board games and if BB is 'reasonably' priced buying the extras will not be as big of an issue.

I live very close to a big wargamming/board gaming centre and the release of this game is creating plenty of buzz for the game. It's gone from 'I didn't know people still played Blood Bowl' to 'Hey the new Blood Bowl is coming out, how do I find someone to play?' This is part of the reason I am cutting down on online BB, I find that TT is becoming more available to me in a way that I can play.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
I live very close to a big wargamming/board gaming centre and the release of this game is creating plenty of buzz for the game. It's gone from 'I didn't know people still played Blood Bowl' to 'Hey the new Blood Bowl is coming out, how do I find someone to play?' This is part of the reason I am cutting down on online BB, I find that TT is becoming more available to me in a way that I can play.

Aww you prefer you RL friends to us, boss???

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
He is not going anywhere, where else can he get his Bret fix? ;)

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Aww you prefer you RL friends to us, boss???

No. Don't feel sad I think of you all as my children.

Spotty, ginger, illegitimate children but children none the less. You wont be mentioned or seen in polite company but I still acknowledge that you exist.

Unless it is inconvenient to me to do so.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
I am curious, what were box contents like for goblin teams if they ever made them?

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I could well be wrong as I'm not bothered about getting the old GW stuff but I don't think there was a goblin box. They had seperate goblin blisters for all the players I think.

The seperate boxes had most of the players (apart from big guys) it was the starting box that was the main offender in regards of lack of positionals.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I am curious, what were box contents like for goblin teams if they ever made them?

Goblins were only ever released in blister packs of 4 to a pack (I think it was 4) and you just had to buy 2x Trolls separately.

Shame they are sticking to the awful 12 miniatures per side. Maybe they will be nice and sell the extras as an add-on pack. Hopefully the team boxes have 16 in, though I won't hold my breath as the image only shows 12...

14736340_619380638242865_2273750614146023424_n.jpg

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Does it show 2 throwers as well?

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
yes.

The ones with the balls in their tails are the throwers.

To be fair I have picked up most of the teams already following the rage of sigmar so I don't mind playing against 2 throwers. :rolleyes: