Please sign up for the BB1 Stunty Cup by August 15

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
If we can start in the next couple of days I'm still in.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
Looks like we have 6:
@Znarx
@NieA7
@Regor
@Netsmurf
@Nikolai II
@Zoraster

There will be a single round robin, followed by a 6-team playoff. The top two teams will get a bye the first round of the playoffs, with teams 3-6 playing to determine who will face them. Since this structure isn't directly supported by the game, we'll have the regular season in one league, the bye round matches in a second league, and the semis and finals in a third league.

The league is called "BBTactics Stunty Cup" with password "crunch" (without the quotes).

I'm going to be gone over this weekend (August 19 to 21), but I've made Nikolai II an admin in the league, so he can kick it off if everybody joins. (I hope that's okay, Nikolai II). I'm thinking that the first game week will end after the weekend of August 28, to guarantee that we have a full weekend to schedule the first week's games.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I'm going to be gone over this weekend (August 19 to 21), but I've made Nikolai II an admin in the league, so he can kick it off if everybody joins. (I hope that's okay, Nikolai II). I'm thinking that the first game week will end after the weekend of August 28, to guarantee that we have a full weekend to schedule the first week's games.

Sure. I've applied and admitted myself as well, so only four left to join.
@NieA7 @Netsmurf @Regor @Zoraster

Zoraster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Applied. Was going to go snotlings with an ogre, but given there are already two ogre teams and it looks like maybe a third I've switched to lizards to keep a bit of racial diversity.

Regarding format wouldn't it be better to make it bottom two eliminated rather than top two get a bye? Just think it will be more advantageous to avoid finishing in the top two in the current format... after 5 games with rookie teams you normally have a few players you can quite easily level in game 6. You are often getting to a critical mass of SPP around that point.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Ok, everyone's admitted and season started. Thread upcoming to get things rolling.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
Regarding format wouldn't it be better to make it bottom two eliminated rather than top two get a bye? Just think it will be more advantageous to avoid finishing in the top two in the current format... after 5 games with rookie teams you normally have a few players you can quite easily level in game 6. You are often getting to a critical mass of SPP around that point.

I'd like to give everybody a shot at the playoffs for more fun and mayhem, especially since all of these are going to be new teams.

How about this: The top two finishers will have their choice of a bye or playing an elimination game. If one of them doesn't take the bye, the third ranked team will get the choice of a bye or the extra game, and so on down the line.

The first-round playoff games will be seeded by ranking. In the next round, the bye teams will face off with non-bye teams, randomly chosen.

Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I like the second proposal best. Just find a couple volunteers and run a Crunched Cup as well if you want extra mayhems. :p

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I'm taking this to mean you prefer a 4-team playoff. Please let me know if you meant something else.

I can let you know that I did mean just that. Mostly because it is simpler and involves less moving around, though, so I am fine with whatever, just wanted to add a preference.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
Okay, I think that's 2 votes for 4-team playoff and 2 votes for a 6-team playoff with top 2 teams getting byes, so I'm going to stick to the original format, with a 6-team playoff with the top two team getting byes. Let that factor in to your decision making on if you're going to try for the top 2 spots or not. :)