Not open for further replies.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Since the fourth thread has also gone past a thousand replies, here's a new thread to ask about what skill upgrade would be most useful for your player.

Minimum information is of course what the player is (race, position) and which skill (s)he already has, but giving some general idea about the rest of your team and the environment you are playing in (which league/which kind of league) can also be useful for getting good advice.

Links to previous threads in the topic:
http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/skill-allocation-advice.759/
http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/skill-allocation-advice-ii.3098/
http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/skill-allocation-advice-iii.4304/
http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/skill-allocation-advice-iv.5038/

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
I'll fire this off.

Shanez X'teria, my superstar Witch Elf in the OCC, is at 174spp and should hit Legend after this MD hopefully. She has: dodge,jump up,frenzy + block, sidestep, +ST, leap, tackle. She also has a niggle and -AV, so she's been off the pitch a lot lately. Despite this, she remains a game changer. The team as a whole is fairly well rounded and her understudy is now block+sidestep as well. My blitzers are pretty solid, with a blodgestep/tackle/guard and an agi5/blodge/leap, plus a couple newbie blodgers. I also have a ST5/blodge lino and a couple others that are solid.

I generally will be using her as a sweeper on defense as I don't really want her getting hit. She usually waits until the offense overextends and then leaps in to hit the ballcarrier. On offense she hangs back to punch holes where needed, again as I don't want her getting hit. Recently she leaves on failed leaps more than anything.

My options, though whatever I pick will likely be just filler: pro (not sure how worthwhile this will be though), fend (for protection), strip ball (guarantee popping the ball), wrestle in the same vein, diving catch to catch the ball pops, thick skull (lol). A double would be MB or Juggs.

Opinions?

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
nota,
if this is in BB1, be aware that there is a bug in BB1 with Frenzy + Strip Ball. I don't know the exact circumstances required, but if a player with Frenzy and Strip ball strips the ball on the first block, it can result in the frenzy player not taking the second (required) Frenzy block. Sometimes this can actually be better for you than taking the second block, but not always.

I would probably take Strip Ball on this player anyway. But then I like Strip Ball on Elf teams. On my Wood Elf teams, I always take Strip Ball on both Dancers, since one of them is frequently off the field or not in position.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Jounisii: sod off :p

Znarx: I've heard of that one, and seen it happen to other people. The bug occurs when the ball is stripped and scatters to the blocking player. If that happens the second block doesn't occur. I'm not sure if they have to catch it or not to trigger the bug. But thanks for your opinion.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Jounisii: sod off :p

Znarx: I've heard of that one, and seen it happen to other people. The bug occurs when the ball is stripped and scatters to the blocking player. If that happens the second block doesn't occur. I'm not sure if they have to catch it or not to trigger the bug. But thanks for your opinion.

Bouncing over the player so they roll to catch it is enough to break them out of the frenzy apparently. (At least for Cyanide)

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
Without going too off topic, what should happen there? Roll for the catch and continue frenzy even if the ball is caught?

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
I believe so, yes. In this bug's case it ends your action completely, so if you used blitz you can't continue to move after the first block either.

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
Lol at putting an AV 6 ST 4 Niggled Legend on the floor with Wrestle. Nice troll, Jounisii.

SB on a normal and MB on a double. The only other normal skill I'd consider is Pro which is interesting and useful in a multitude of ways which is nice on a versatile blitzer who's doing a lot of dodging, GFI's, leaps, and frenzy blocks.

jounisii

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jounisii
Country Flag
Lol at putting an AV 6 ST 4 Niggled Legend on the floor with Wrestle. Nice troll, Jounisii.

SB on a normal and MB on a double. The only other normal skill I'd consider is Pro which is interesting and useful in a multitude of ways which is nice on a versatile blitzer who's doing a lot of dodging, GFI's, leaps, and frenzy blocks.

C'mon Palo. Didn't you read the description?

And don't get me going on how shit a skill SB is in higher tiers.

Shanez's blitzes are made with precision. And to those tasks wrestle is clearly the best skill. No question about it. They're game winning attacks of sorts. Often enough an assholish blodgestepper can be spared to protect her if and when she's on the ground.

I understand the protection way of thinking and that's cool. But as usual, my suggestion was made to make the team better at winning.

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
If SB isn't appealing then Pro is good. I've watched a fair number of Nota's DE games and he isn't usually playing to sack the ball carrier, snatch the ball, and score that turn type of play like other faster elf teams can frequently do. He's more about getting the ball loose, securing it maybe that turn but possibly just surround it, and doing an infuriating Dark Elf stall when he finally gets the ball. That legend is getting fouled ruthlessly any time she's on the floor.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I wouldn't bother with pro either. You would be using a reroll instead of the 50% chance of pro for most of her actions and I don't like rerolling pushes just in case you double skull.
Either Fend to keep her safer or wrestle for when you really need someone on the ground.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Niggled kick linerat just rolled doubles on his level up. I imagine that I can't really use guard well on a niggled player, so I'm leaning towards just taking wrestle. But this is my Diet OCC squad so it's fairly young. One SV has +STR and the other is still a rookie. I'm also tempted to take claw or MB, but he'd probably hurt himself without block or wrestle :)

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
My agi6, leap,dodge blitzer just rolled 5+5...and i have no idea what to take...any suggestions?

Seems like a little extra speed for him to go where he wants to do his shenanigans is a good idea. He can do anything he wants as long as he can reach the square so help him reach more squares by taking +MA.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd also take MA on the blitzer. Guard on the linerat.
Niggled linerats don't last long and guard makes the best use of him until he dies.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
I have a mild Skaven dilemma. My four gutter runners are +MA+Guard+Two Heads; Wrestle+Strip Ball; Wrestle+Tackle; Block+Big Hand.

Both of the last two just rolled 6+4!!

I was planning on Dauntless (probably) and Sidestep. Is the +MA better on one or both?

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
+MA on the agi6 blitzer, for sure. That guy is gold and ma8 agi6 is amazing.
Guard on the niggle linerat, it's a fairly low TV so not many killers. Use him while you can!
Also I'd take MA on both Gunners as well. Go big or go home, and they can get those other skills next level! It also gives you two one turn threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.