WCQ'16 Important Updates (all coaches must read!)

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
February 9, end of day
The sign up is officially closed. I will send a list of applied coaches to Focus for their verification. Make sure your name is spelled correctly in this post: http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/world-cup-2016-official-sign-up-thread.6265/#post-146687

February 11, noon GMT
Focus announces number of allocated tickets to WC Play Offs.

February 12-14
Based on the number of tickets and teams, the divisions will be created. The size of divisions for round robin and number of teams for knock out stage will be selected such that the qualifier finishes before May 11. The teams are randomly distributed into divisions. The divisions are announced on the forum. Coaches apply with their teams into their designated division.

February 16
All divisions start. The teams that had not entered the divisions by that time will be substituted with stand-by teams. If there will be uneven number of stand-by teams per division, the stand-by teams will be swapped with normal teams per explantion in item 29 of WCQ rules (http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/...ualifier-bbt-wcq-2016-rules.6002/#post-145056)

February 23, 23:59 GMT
The day advances. The advances happen at the end of Tuesdays on regular basis until the end of round robin phase. All unplayed matches are administered per items 11-14 WCQ rules.

All coaches must register on http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/worldcup/registration/ otherwise they will not be issued any winnings per Focus rules.

Last edited:

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Hello all!

Tomorrow is the end of sign up. Then I get to my machine (approximately at Wednesday, 3am GMT) I will collect the list and forward it Focus as our official roster. I will not accept any applications after I send the list.

Everyone, make sure your in-game coach name is spelled correctly in this post: http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/world-cup-2016-official-sign-up-thread.6265/#post-146687

Also, make sure you registered with Focus at http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/worldcup/registration/

You all should have made your teams by now. As soon as I know the number of tickets for our winners, I will post divisions assignments and you need to apply with your team as soon as possible so we can start without delays.

If for any reason you had decided not to participate, it is time to speak up now.

Cheers y'all! We are nearly there.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Hello.

The list has been submitted with the count of 114 registered coaches. Your number in the list is your seeding number.

Focus promised to announce the ticket distribution by February 11th, noon GMT. When I know our ticket number I will post the divisions' team seeding lists. The divisions will be created and you must apply to the division with your team as soon as possible. I will post the deadline for the application.

If you had not applied to the division by the specified deadline you may forfeit your place in the competition.

If there will be a large number of missing coaches, I may collapse the divisions to reduce number of stand-in teams.

Stay alert and check these forum often.

Cheers!

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Maybe a quite stupid question, but I have to ask anyway : what is the exact name of bbtactics WCQ league? I've browsed a bit with some keywords, but haven't found any league I'm 100% sure it's the right one. Thanks! ;)

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Also, please put players on your team, it is no good applying without players...you need at least 11 players.

TheSpydyr

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Spydyr
Country Flag
Also, please put players on your team, it is no good applying without players...you need at least 11 players.

Some people may not have the time to sit down and properly create their team with fluff and names, etc right when they create it. They may just be creating it real quickly to get it into the league on time with plans to fill in the roster once they have more time to dedicate to that process. They won't be able to play their first match until their roster is at 11 anyways, so it doesn't really matter if they do it now or in a couple of days. Don't rush to judgement without knowing the full details...just saying.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Some people may not have the time to sit down and properly create their team with fluff and names, etc right when they create it. They may just be creating it real quickly to get it into the league on time with plans to fill in the roster once they have more time to dedicate to that process. They won't be able to play their first match until their roster is at 11 anyways, so it doesn't really matter if they do it now or in a couple of days. Don't rush to judgement without knowing the full details...just saying.

Currently we are not accepting teams without players, so whilst I appreciate what you are saying, we are trying to sort out potentially 115 teams into leagues, in a limited time span. So it will be a lot easier all round if when the teams apply for the leagues they actually have players in them.

Last edited:

TheSpydyr

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Spydyr
Country Flag
Understood and the admins have that final word...I was just offering up a possibility to why they may be not buying the players when creating the teams. They may also be trying to min/max the system as well by waiting to see other team builds in the division before filling theirs in (and unfortunately, there are those out there that will do this).

Sokk

Veteran
Country Flag
Well guess I need to finish my roster now. Like Spyder said I was waiting for a time to put a bit more effort into naming.

Rules are rules.

Alpha, Beta, Charlie, Delta, Epsilon, etc. Go!

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Hello coaches,

The schedule went live (for most of the divisions at least) yesterday and match making threads were created.
Running 12 divisions is almost a full time job, but thankfully there are others to help with the job. Here is the list of division masters:
  • Helmut, Morg - St Cloud
  • Zara, Griff - ManBearPyg
  • Slibli, Ripper - Ravers
  • Varag, Quetzal - Regor
  • Eldrill - mamutas
  • Jordell - cjblackburn
  • Ithaca, Deeproot - notafunhater
Treat your master nicely and send him love and candies. He is the first person you need to contact if you encounter any problem or have any question.

Second, due to extremely high drop out, we ended up with a handful of 'Stand In' teams. The are all called like "Stand In for _SomeName_" and they created by me. We are looking to replace them with real team within this week. If we fail, everyone who plays that team will get an admin 2:1 win! :pow::pow::pow:
The following divisions have stand in teams as of right now:
  • Griff
  • Slibli
  • Quetzal
  • Eldrill (here we have a team joining soon)
  • Ithaca
  • Deeproot
Good luck y'all!

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Hello all,

We had found the replacements for all stand in teams and now we are at full capacity of 96 teams. No more new coaches will be accepted.

See attached division spreadsheet for details on who is who and where. (And watch out for those Dark Elves, it is clearly a plot here as there are so many of them :eek:).

Focus has retained our 6 ticket allocation :D (much thanks for that to them!) and I will be posting the final details about knock out stage of the competition.

In the meant time, do your best and have fun playing!;)

Attachments

• BBTactics WCQ - Divisions.pdf
    52.3 KB · Views: 381

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Hello all,

Here is the format for the Knock Out stage of the competition.

4 top teams from each division will be promoted into 1 of 6 single elimination brackets. The winner of each bracket will receive a ticket to participate in final World Cup competition hosted by Focus.
Note, no one on this side posses those tickets and they will be directly issued by Focus itself.

As per WCQ rules, the top 4 teams will be determined through the in-game data, as it is shown on each individual division Standings tab.

Due to limitations of BB2 administration tools, the Knock Out stage matches will be scheduled as 1 on 1 Knock Out competitions (just like we did for Munch Cup play offs).

Attached is the document showing how the seeding in the brackets is arranged.

Attachments

• BBTactics WCQ - Knock Out Divisions.pdf
    19.8 KB · Views: 386

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
About friendly games

I learned that some coaches took their teams and played friendly games with them outside of WCQ schedule. Fortunately, a friendly game does not earn any SPPs or gold, so such game will not affect the team progress anyhow.

However, such game is recorded into the team history. The admins will be providing the list of all games played by the winning team to Focus so they can verify the eligibility for the prize. Having extra games in the team's history may impact how the team is evaluated, if not to disqualify it out right.

I am confirming with Focus in regards of such game, but I would suggest to all to only play scheduled matches with your team.

Thank you and good luck!

Wild

Veteran
Country Flag
About friendly games

I learned that some coaches took their teams and played friendly games with them outside of WCQ schedule. Fortunately, a friendly game does not earn any SPPs or gold, so such game will not affect the team progress anyhow.

However, such game is recorded into the team history. The admins will be providing the list of all games played by the winning team to Focus so they can verify the eligibility for the prize. Having extra games in the team's history may impact how the team is evaluated, if not to disqualify it out right.

I am confirming with Focus in regards of such game, but I would suggest to all to only play scheduled matches with your team.

Thank you and good luck!

Thanks for giving info. I believe there was no rule or any warning that we can't play friendlies. I have a match with myself in other WCQ league :)

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Thanks for giving info. I believe there was no rule or any warning that we can't play friendlies. I have a match with myself in other WCQ league :)
No, there wasn't. Mostly due to the fact that we had little experience with BB2 and had not thought it was possible. Neither Focus/Cyanide said anything about it.
So, technically you can play friendly games, but practically I suggest you would not. Why complicate things?

Wild

Veteran
Country Flag
No, there wasn't. Mostly due to the fact that we had little experience with BB2 and had not thought it was possible. Neither Focus/Cyanide said anything about it.
So, technically you can play friendly games, but practically I suggest you would not. Why complicate things?
I'm obviously not going to play more of them, just hope that focus/cyanide won't punish people that already did it.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I got no words on that when I asked one way or another.