Mad Missionary Mob

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Yeah, it just feels like the skill he will potentially get the most use out of. Speaking of which... I am now strongly considering giving the blitzer Dauntless as well... :eek:

I can't remember ever flip-flopping over a skill pick like this before! My reasoning now is that I have a lot of high strength teams still to face this season (Necro, Orcs, Lizards and Khemri) and I still only have 3 Guards, so I need more tools on the team for dealing with Str 4+ opponents.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
What is your dilema Danton ? Didn't follow the thread

:D

It's not hard to read the posts on the previous page Lebe! :rolleyes:

Blitzer got to 76 spp and rolled 6+4. He has MB, PO, Tackle and Guard. I was being indecisive about whether to give him +Ma or +Av, but now I figure that the team would benefit more from giving him Dauntless, as I have a lot of high strength teams still to face in Div 1 of the CC this season. Also it's a good skill to give at 76 spp when you aren't concerned about it becoming a waste if he rolls 6+6 on the next level up! ;)

nufflehatesme

Super Star Player
Country Flag
leap on the catcher. makes for easier 1 turning and makes him a nightmare to stop scoring (2+ catch, 3+ leap). i know you have the ma9 blitzer to one turn, but i think i would still take leap.

the blitzer could go any way. dauntless can be handy to have if you are up against alot of st4. i normally finish a blitzer with stand firm. very underated skill in winning the positional battle.
both stat increases have merit too.

team is coming along nicely!

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Thanks for the input NHM. I was actually considering Leap for the catcher too, but forgot to mention it before. It certainly is an interesting pick for him. I'm generally not a fan of making naked 3+ rolls that can end up killing my own player, but I can definitely see that it could make the difference between being able to score or not in some scenarios. Hmmm....

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Or it might be the difference between a 4+ 3+ 2+ (possibly with dodge) and a naked 3+ followed by a 2+ (almost certainly with dodge) when oneturning against the "usual" fallback line.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I'm a big fan of Sidestep... makes his tackle and guard more useful. Dauntless is nice too... but with proper use of guard you should be able to deal with big guys. Unless you have too little guard of course.

Leap... on other

PS: sorry about being lazy... :)

nufflehatesme

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Or it might be the difference between a 4+ 3+ 2+ (possibly with dodge) and a naked 3+ followed by a 2+ (almost certainly with dodge) when oneturning against the "usual" fallback line.

yeah, really helps out on the 1 turner. aside from that, it also opens up plays not normally available, compared to something like sure feet.
i dont like naked 3+ rolls either, but for humans it can very easily be the best option.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
I went with Dauntless and Leap in the end. Here are the Mob's two newest super stars:

ChurchMace.jpg

JusticePain.jpg

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I think there are four superstars in the Crunch Cup right now. Three of them are yours, and then Dakaman got his wolf "Big" to superstar last game too.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Darn... I keep the CC Elite a few seasons out and these upstarts go all super star... :rolleyes:

Sure must bring Narly Wolf back next season... claw these guys down to size :skull:

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Well my players did get badly pummeled against Dakaman's Necro and my team now occupies the top punching bags spot in the division thanks to that! The linemen were the heroes of the day, taking repeated mighty blow hits to the face and 2 rookie linos ended up with serious injuries for their troubles, but luckily for me no one important got hurt!

Their sacrifice did not go unrewarded though, as a blitz off the first kick off put the Necro team on the back foot from the get go and they never recovered from it, ending the first half 2-0 down and promptly going 3-0 down a couple of turns into the second half. A consolation score gave me two more turns to drive home the final nail in the coffin and to add insult to injury Father ChurchMace crippled the Guard ghoul with his final piling on block of the game.

The game ended with a 4-1 win and amazingly Father BibleFist scored all four of the TDs! He was all over the pitch in this game and his speed and agility made him too elusive for the Necro players to deal with. He has scored 6 tds in the first three games of the cup (would have been 7 if he hadn't unselfishly handed off to Father JusticePain in order to let him become a super star in game 2) and has gone from 52 spp to 70 spp in a blink of an eye! :)

At the other end of the scale is my Ogre who it seems will sit on 2 spp for ever! He caused three turnovers thanks to red block dice and went boneheaded 4 or 5 times too! Not impressed! :rolleyes:

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
you should probably fire that ogre before he costs you a game :p

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
I was scared of Daka's team... now I'm scared of your team ! :skull:

I was just thinking the same thing! Glad I gave the Darkies a rest this season and started a new team! Actually, I think I'm more afraid of the coach :skull:

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
:) Nothing to be scared of! My team just got some half decent dice for a change and that combined with an Ma 9, Ag 4 blodge blitzer tends to result in multiple tds! :D

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
As if to prove the point that my team is not something to be scared of they suffered a 3-1 loss at the hands of Willpower's high elves. A kick-off blitz followed by my ogre rolling triple red block dice and injuring himself out towards the end of my first turn basically gifted a free td to the elves right away. The next kick-off was almost as bad, as my thrower fumbled the pick-up, which then scattered through the screen and towards the elves, who could recover it in a tz no problem. 2-0 to the elves at half time.

The elves then scored on their drive throwing to a marked catcher, who dodged away for the score. 3-0. I managed to get a consolation score when Father BibleFist used his speed and agility to avoid the elven defenders and deliver a quick pass to Father SinSmasher, who was then able to blitz past the last defender and run in the td. Final score 3-1.

If that wasn't bad enough then the injury count rubbed copious amounts of salt into the wounds! At least the damage was bad for both teams though. I suffered two mngs (Ogre on turn 1 and my fouler later on), my catcher failed a gfi and lost a point of movement (the apo suggested killing him, which was tempting) and then my rookie thrower died on a random turn 16 :bothdown: result, which only stunned the lino who blocked him. Of course he took the mvp, which would have moved him to 6 spp, with him to the grave. :rolleyes: The elves also suffered numerous mngs and their best blitzer also collected a niggle as a nice memento. The only BH result of the whole game came in turn 16...

So now I have 10 players fit to face Dio's nasty Orc team tomorrow. Good times! :p