What is the format for CCIV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strobinator

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I had a few questions:

1) What is the format for the next round of CCIV?
2) Does anyone know if it seeds the next round? You could make the next grouping randomly, or based on some sort of ranking. What does it do?
3) What happens in the round after that?

End of questions pertaining to blood bowl:

4) Are you Brits getting as much coverage of the royal wedding as we are? It's bigger than Lybia here.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
1: Its unfair to think that anybody can remember that, but my guess is 4 groupes of 6 coaches and 2 from each advance to the cup stage:confused:

2: Cyanide gets to deside how we split up, I have no idea how it desides to do it:confused:

3: The third round/stage is knockout and as far as I remember we have 1/4 finals as first round:confused:

4: Being a Dane I can avoid all the fuss, but the national networks are having a good time. Lucky for me that I can see snooker WC and Manchester United is still in CL and contender to the premiership:D I´m training to write 19 in a flashy, yet for scousers easy to understand, way;)

Last edited:

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
4) Are you Brits getting as much coverage of the royal wedding as we are? It's bigger than Lybia here.

Being a Brit in Australia, I was hoping the royal wedding coverage would be even slightly less ubiquitous here than it was in the UK before I left.

Not a chance. :(

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Wonder if its done on rankings, If so I might have to throw my last game (or at least thats my excuse if i lose ;) ).

Last time the playoffs were done on rankings a bit, but paired a lot of people from the same groups together.

I am hoping if it is 4 groups of 6 that it is 2 from each group to mix it up a bit rather than basically group 2 all over again.

I am looking forward to the suprise when netsmurf rolls the day forward. Definately need ot tighten my game up a bit though, or learn from the better coaches and roll more :pow:

Creamster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Last time the playoffs were done on rankings a bit, but paired a lot of people from the same groups together.

I am hoping if it is 4 groups of 6 that it is 2 from each group to mix it up a bit rather than basically group 2 all over again.

I am looking forward to the suprise when netsmurf rolls the day forward. Definately need ot tighten my game up a bit though, or learn from the better coaches and roll more :pow:

Rolling :pow: is easy, not rolling 1's is much harder ;)

I hope I am placed in a group with 5 dwarves / orc teams, and then proceed to out cas them so they suffer constant nightmares from the pointy eared gits...

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
As for the seeding, I'm in another comp with our Coachman with a two-group format and cyanide seedings didn't shake things up that much. In the second group stage I had three teams from the first group stage alongside me, and it seemed to be a common theme throughout the comp. If I was a betting man I'd say to expect some rematches...

Strobinator

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I would like to face Viajero again. So far, he's the only one with a TD on me :D.

Also, it would be good to see what Max could do if he didn't get nuffled so hard in the first half of our match.

Come to think of it, a lot of my matches had tense moments where things could have gone either way - I don't mind rematches if it turns out that way. I did not like them so much in CCIII where I had to face McFood (great player) and his Dark Elves (my Achilles heel) twice. He served me up both of my losses in the cup.

Last edited:

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Rolling :pow: is easy, not rolling 1's is much harder ;)

I hope I am placed in a group with 5 dwarves / orc teams, and then proceed to out cas them so they suffer constant nightmares from the pointy eared gits...

Well I have an orc team, and am top cas by some way (was helped a lot by having a game vs Raven's ogres though, (7 cas), snotlings are just great bundles of xp). I guess it is not a conincidence that the 3 highest cas inflicting teams are all in g2.

Having said that the AV in G3 is too high, and while there are plenty of wusses in g1 there are not enough tough guys to thump them hard enough.

Also that hypothetical division would include me, and no way I want to be in a division with 2 dwarves, 1 other orc team, 1 dark elf then probably the nurgle or an undead team or something to fill it out.

And seriously if you could not thimp the girly men in group 1, how do you expect to thump a real tough guy?

Thanatos

Super Star Player
Country Flag
As one of the tough guys coaches in G1, i can tell you it is tough to nail thoses wusses down. They just won't stand still to be hit. I fact its the main reason i think my team is so far behind in TV.

Perrina39

Rookie
Country Flag
So in the 2nd round how will the two teams that advance be determined? Specifically, what sort of calculation goes into determining a team's ranking in their bracket? It's particularly important for me because I am about 5 games behind most other coaches and need to know if I should be focusing on wins, SPP, TDs, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Perrin A.

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I believe its wins/draws/losses as the primary decider. If 2 teams are drawn its on TD's for/against. I think...

Also a heads up that i'm going for a holiday to Australia from 5th - 16th and wont have access to Cyanide. So i need to play my day 1 match on Tuesday or Wednesday this week. Hopefully we can roll over soon and i can schedule the match in time. Otherwise my opponent can get the win.

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Specifially it is points first, 3 for a win 1 for a draw, then I guess TD difference.

The day should roll forward today, as all the games that can be played have been played. There are 3 games that need admin help, one that died in the middle and 2 that could not be played, but I normally leave that stuff to netsmurf.

Creamster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
As one of the tough guys coaches in G1, i can tell you it is tough to nail thoses wusses down. They just won't stand still to be hit. I fact its the main reason i think my team is so far behind in TV.

Losing the ghoul and effectively a wight in our game didn't help either :(

Perrina39

Rookie
Country Flag
Specifially it is points first, 3 for a win 1 for a draw, then I guess TD difference.

The day should roll forward today, as all the games that can be played have been played. There are 3 games that need admin help, one that died in the middle and 2 that could not be played, but I normally leave that stuff to netsmurf.

Ok, so then the first round has no bearing on your advancing from the 2nd round into the play offs? That's good for me. Also it's good that the advancement is not based on SPP.

Thanks for the info.

I'm looking forward to my match ups in round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.