Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 22

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks Akri, food for thought indeed. 14-15 pieces hey?

A rough guideline based on personal experience/observation. With 2 babes and a bench four deep, he will need to inflict 5 actual CAS before you start lining up down players, which significantly dampens his bash advantage and makes it less likely that your valuable core players will need to be exposed right away.

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
In 6D, my Vamps finally faced another newbie team, DE +100k TV to me. So I picked up Babes, hoping that for once, that wouldn't mean the injury roll just jumps over KOs and into CASes.

After half my team was in the CAS box, I won 3-0. Got tiny winnings, but it's enough to finally replace the Vamp that died on MD1. But I'm not getting past 11 players this season.

Moncap

Veteran
Country Flag
MD 3 v Zulu's Khemri

The first half kicks off, and it doesn't take long for my players start leaving the pitch in droves. It gets to the stage where I move out of the way of his cage and try to hit back where I can. I knock out one Tomb Guardian and injure another, who regens. He is pretty well caged up on turn 7 until he moves a skeleton to foul on my might blow wolf results in a sending off. My agile wolf has a pretty easy route to blitz the ball carrier, a Str 4 Throw rah. It'll be 2d against but I had a reroll, so I had around a 20% chance to take him down, I think. It paid off and the ball was knocked off the pitch. It's picked up and thrown successfully, but a Tomb guardian fumbles the catch, making it 0-0 at of the first half.

All important players recover from being knocked out at half time.

The second half starts with a blitz. A Tomb guardian hits a flesh Golem but doesn't take him down, he engages on the LOS, and spreads his players out more on the right (where the ball will land). I then have a very good turn, taking a few of his players off the pitch and move the ball to the left, well guarded with a numbers advantage.

I then have a bad turn, due almost entirely to bad coaching. Instead of making sure the ball carrier is well protected, and moved up the field, I see that by moving the guard ghoul into the scrum on the right, I can get 2d blocks for my Wight and killer Wolf. Greedy for more blood after my last turn, I do this, and just roll pushes. I try and dodge away with the wolf and fail. This lets Zulu get a Tomb guardian free, threatening to agile ball carrying Wolf. I don 't have enough players not tied up to screen effectively, so I make a break for it. The Wolf scampers away, out of reach of the TG, close to the Str 4 Throw Rah, who I mark with a Wight. If I can just get my ghoul up there too, it would be pretty hard for the throw rah to do anything, even if he manages to dodge away. My ghoul fails his dodge, the throw rah doesn't, with the use of a reroll, takes out the wolf, and picks up the ball.

There is then a scrum for a few turns, the ball being picked up, knocked free a bit, without anyone able to protect it. After a bit of luck, on 15 I knock the ball free somewhere where my AG+ sure hands wolf can get to it safely, in comfortable range to score next turn. Double ones.

Zulu gets a stand firm blitz rah next to the ball. Two blocks fail to take him down. The wolf can score but it needs a 3+ pick up in a tackle zone, a 3+ dodge, a 2+ dodge and two go for it's. Which he makes, giving me a 1-0 win in a game where a draw would have been the fairer result.

Next up, Orcs with lots of Mighty Blow

PaloLV

Star Player
Cyanide Username
PaloLV
Country Flag
Md4 I get a 0-0 tie with the other Orc team in my division putting me at 2-1-1 on the season. I had a wizard and it helped me stop his drive in the 1st half. Couldn't score in the 2nd half though as I just couldn't remove anyone from the pitch to open things up until T16 when it was too late. Had a desperation attempt at scoring but failed the 2nd GFI to get my receiver into the end zone to receive a pass. I'm still tied for second in the division and have the TD differential tie breaker. Skilled up a blitzer to L3 and a BoB to L3 taking piling on and guard respectively.

Next up the 1740 TV undefeated 1st place Norse. I'll be at 1270 TV and with 470k inducements I'm thinking wizard, bribe, apo, and 2 babes. Another option could be Ripper, wizard, and a babe. The Norse have 3 MB and 3 guard with one of their zerkers also having PO. Both runners are going to be a pain to take down; one is dodge, fend, sidestep while the other is dodge, fend, +1 agi, and surehands. He also has an L4 Yhetee with MB, guard, and break tackle.

I have no tackle and he's got 3 dodge players I think. Could be a problem. Maybe I should have taken tackle instead of piling on with the blitzer but it's too late now to change. I think I'll just have to hope the wizard works and hopefully kills the +1 agi L5 blodge Norse runner.

My team is weird. 4 games in and completely healthy with 12 players and the troll but despite getting 57 SPP I've only got 3 skilled players who've gained 49 of my total SPP. Block/guard BoB who leads the team with 18 SPP, MB/PO blitzer, and a Block thrower who's at 15 SPP.

Last edited:

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
In 6D, my Vamps finally faced another newbie team, DE +100k TV to me. So I picked up Babes, hoping that for once, that wouldn't mean the injury roll just jumps over KOs and into CASes.

After half my team was in the CAS box, I won 3-0. Got tiny winnings, but it's enough to finally replace the Vamp that died on MD1. But I'm not getting past 11 players this season.

Gz on the win.

I have not had 11 players since about MD3 of Season 21.

Well could go to 12 now, but going to stick on 10 for a bit longer.

Moncap

Veteran
Country Flag
MD 4 against Christ0403's Orcs

I win the toss and chose to receive. The Orcs have their armour, but not their helmets, and before long four of them are knocked out. A troll is also killed, and saved by the app.

A black Orc dodges to try and get to mark the ball carrier, but fails. I set up camp, the fighting carries on, and my MB wolf, and a Golem join the knocked out. But as the first half ends, everyone is available for the second half apart from a knocked out zombie, and a sent off line orc.

The second half doesn't start so well.

He has several good blitzers. One killer one with piling in etc, thst the mb wolf got injured dodging away from. Another with MA+ and mighty blow, and another with AG-, tackle, mighty blow and catch. I liked this one the best. Combined with an AG+, accurate, block, safe throw thower, as was hopeful of seeing some Orc passing action.

I wasn't disappointed. After applying a little pressure on the thrower, a pass to the MA+ blitzer was not caught. A little blitzing and my AG + Wolf had the ball. But was soon dispossessed, and a rookie Orc blitzer, who had moved to give the assist, caught it. A successful dodge from a Wight was enough to get the wolf a 2d hit on the blitzer. A push led to a single die defender down, and the wolf scampered off with the ball, to score a turn later. A few turns , another failed pass, some blitzing and a wizard later and it finished 3-0.

Next I have Bantha's Vampires, almost 500 tv ahead of me, and with twice the spp, to look forward to.

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
A draw snatched from the jaws of victory.

Some unfortunate dice rolls for Kanped meant I went in 1 nil up at half time following a T8 defensive TD, with me to recieve the ball next half. Two god-awful missclicks left me horrendously exposed however, allowing Kanped to get the ball and equalise. 1-1 draw with one of my Slayers escaping death thanks to the handy action of the apo.

Should be 2 level ups - 1 blitzer, one slayer. Still no level ups on my linos,

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Holy batman scoring fest in tier 3 this week. Some scorelines:

4-3 (the game jonisii just mentioned)
4-0
6-0
5-0
4-1

Can't remember the last time I scored more than 2 TDs in a game (this season, even 1 has been a victory).

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
If it helps it was Wood Elves vs Ogres. So one of those matchups you can see going that way. Just takes a couple failed pickups and it's a landslide.

jounisii

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jounisii
Country Flag
Boys in Spandex cruised to 4-1 victory over Stahlburg's nurgles. Seems like Boys are in good terms w our deity again.

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
2-0 win for the Tide against 2nd place! Now 4-1-0 with a gap of 3 to the next team and I have played 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 8th!

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
My bad, it was Etheric - knew it started with E :D

And match day 2, and my opponent gets the nuffling of the century

ImageMatchReport.aspx

He infliced 2 cas, killing a lino (who had a niggle anyway) and a catcher (my 2nd dead apo dead :( ), but at least I got a 6 on the winnings to hopefully give me enough for a rookie catcher next game.

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
My first season in the OCC is a bit of a non starter. Because of some technical problems with Tier7 i can play my games but after validations my opponent gets all the regular spp, gold, niggles... And my Team stays the same as it was before the game. So no team development for me. :(

The admins have apparently figured something out to give me my earnings and SPP at the end of the season. Not quite how i imagined the season goining though.

Chubberson

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Chubberson
Country Flag
Pit Machine grab a win vs Jav's Undead Quiet 2-0. Following a draw vs Tubragg's 'Imaginary Friend' Necros 1-1 and a win against Loophole's 'The Last Laughs' 3-0 we sit 3-1-1 in 2nd on TD difference after the 'Undead Stretch' of the season. Up next are Gusya's guard heavy Khorne team 'The Neomarxism' in what will be an interesting match up. Strength 4 slayer leveled to hit level 3, my MB level 2 blocker got 1 BH and a regenerated kill to put him on 11spp. Not getting excited just yet. Still to come are Reverendo's High Elves, Tiggas Lizards and Jakerbeefs Nurgle.