Blood Bowl II Screenshots + News

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Some positives to note from that:

The campaign mode sounds like its going to be more tutorial based which should help people get over the initial learning hump IF done correctly.

Mention is made of powerful management tools for competition management so fingers crossed this is an area they are looking at

Spectator mode sounds like a more complete experience than its current implementation

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Certainly nothing further there negative either - we already know the frustration of 8 races at launch, but the focus on core rules, no non-turn based mode confirmed for certain (no waste of effort there is good), nothing there to indicate any steps back - mention of the "semi-official" teams is good too, might give us hope for Chaos Pact at least (assuming we can retain Underworld and ideally Khorne by virtue of BB1 also).

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
...mention of the "semi-official" teams is good too, might give us hope for Chaos Pact at least (assuming we can retain Underworld and ideally Khorne by virtue of BB1 also).

Also picked up on that but for some reason didnt think about Pact but Slann :D

Last edited:

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Cutting game time a bit is nice too if its going to be done by improving the interface.

Agreed, I typically play with 2 min turns and play quicker than that, but with all the pausing in the interface it takes quite a lot longer than it ought. I appreciate it needs to pause to prevent lag taking the time away, but when some of those pauses are waiting for the interface to catch up, it does suffer.

Replikant

Veteran
Country Flag
I am not sure whether I like the player market idea. On a first glance, it sounds good. But it probably comes the same problems as all in-game-stores/auction houses.
a) In the worst case, you would be able to pay for players with real money, either directly im-game or by a making a deal on ebay and then trading in-game for a token amount. Worst case scenario, as I said.
b) All-powerfull teams won't have to worry about losses so much anymore. Throw your ClawPOMBers everywhere without protection, if they get fouled and die, well, there are plenty more for sale on the market.
c) It seems to me that by making arranged matches with friends you can produce ST+, AG+, doubles players quite easily. Need a Ratogre with Pro/Block/Claw? Just do a series of arranged matches with a friend and have him produce one, then buy it from him. There is probably not going to be a shortage of excellent players on the market.

All in all, in the best case it probably breaks balance in the worst it makes anything but private leagues, where you disable the market, unplayable.

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
Na. Diasable market full stop. Apart from not having all the teams, it is the only thing i that really bothers me with the BB2 anouncements.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Na. Diasable market full stop. Apart from not having all the teams, it is the only thing i that really bothers me with the BB2 anouncements.

I don't see a problem with it if it's only limited to certain MM leagues. If you don't like it then you could just skip the leagues that use it I suppose.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I don't see a problem with it if it's only limited to certain MM leagues. If you don't like it then you could just skip the leagues that use it I suppose.

The problem is that despite multiple mentions they have not confirmed if it will be optional at all.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
The problem is that despite multiple mentions they have not confirmed if it will be optional at all.

Well if that turns out to be the case private leagues could still just make it illegal to use the player market as part of their own rules. I don't see it as being a big issue either way.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Well if that turns out to be the case private leagues could still just make it illegal to use the player market as part of their own rules. I don't see it as being a big issue either way.

I agree it could be ruled into leagues, but I suspect it may be rather hard to police. To be fair given the promised of league management improvement I am hopeful it will not be an issue, but it would be nice if they could at least respond to confirm.

Jbecks

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jbecks
Country Flag

They have stated that private leagues can just use the core rules and not use the extras they have added for bb2

Mephiston

Star Player
Country Flag
Some old news, a month old. But since no one has added it I figured I should.

It's nothing new with the game really. Just some fluff and one new image (or two really, but one is just a smaller icon).

Or, well, I guess it gives some game info towards the end, as to why a tutorial campain would feature such a successful team as the Reikland Reavers as the playable team.

A Brief History of the Reikland Reavers…