Nurgle OCC: On Pestilent Tides

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Ermmm make him roll Skulls and ones.... that is a silly silly side he has.

HC Vanselow

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Squall, does your Nurgle team employ the services of
a Beast of Nurgle and if so, what skills does he have ?

HC Vanselow

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Cool, Louisfilth Slugger II has Stand Firm
on him currently, I'll probably take Grab
next even though Guard has quite some
uses too. If it's a double, Block for the
obvious choice

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
4th Match Day saw the Tide smash headlong into some rambling hordes of Undead. It seems from the start the day would go badly with a turn 0 blitz foul on jack giving him MNG an no regen. The ball was safely picked and moved to the end zone in 5 turns but on the way the undead fouled out a few more players and killed Capitan Jack Sparrow (although he regened that... phew) This gave the Undead a chance to score and although a hit was made by Norrington it could only be 1d and both down rr both down was the result. 1-1 at half time the tide lost captain jack to a mummy punch and mng and numbers were getting thin again. Norrington decided enough was enough a started to Elf bullshit and make hits on the ball carrier. First time didn't work but 2nd time he got the ball and ran off... he was chopped down but got up again to free the ball again and pick it up again. He was chopped down again but stunned. Luckily the ball landed next to the kraken which stop the wight that picked it up from moving. The wight was felled and the ball still bounced next to the Kraken. Davy Jones saw a chance to get long and blitzed his way out of the los and put himself within 7 of the end. Norrington got up dodged through tz's picked up the ball and throw it to Davy you managed the catch. Next turn only a Wight could move and managed to stand next to Davy but Davy pushed him away and ran the 2-1 victory touchdown in (1 gfi no rr phew).

No levels and a NW and Pest out for a game against lizards. Will be very hard with the loss of strength and MB but we shall see.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
So my preseason predictions are in the right direction atm with you being joint top of the table!

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Yeah lets hope it continues but it will be rather tough to get anything out of this match with the skills I am missing.

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Deep in the foulest pocket of filth a cauldron bubbled madly. Pestilent goo spattered the area which glowed an impossible green. Chanting from mutated demons which sounded more like stepping on a still crocking toad while strangling an eagle filled the cavern. Norrington was wounded and his natural regeneration wasn't fixing his complete lack of collar bone. The Pestigor was strapped down on stone altar kicking and bellowing, fully aware of his impending fate. The Chanting stopped and the Kraken grabbed hold of the cauldron allowing the goo to sloop over the struggling figure. A hissing from the slime and wails from Norrington filled the area as the process started its work. Firstly and most notably his 2nd head fell off but most importantly his bones all regrow. He was new again… but different… he had forgotten all he knew… all he could remember was the pain. It is time for revenge.

----------

Lost vs Lizards and Norrington -str :(

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
2-0 to the Tide and 2nd in the league.

Davy picks up sure hands to be the new ball carrier, I guess two heads next for him.

2 pest and 3 NW all within 2 spp of leveling... WE next game so maybe I can level all 5 ¬_¬

HC Vanselow

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Slaughter those ponytailed poofs !!! My Nurgle squad tied
with a Wood Elf team last night 1-1, but the satisfying
moment came when their lone War Dancer tried to leap
over a Rotter and ended up smashing their collar bone
in the process which was bloody epic. Hope you smash
them to smithereens, Squall.

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Another 2-0 win against some elves, this time Wood Elves. Barbossa managed to punch his way up to level 4 taking Stand firm (block guard sf), Jack managed a pair of cas giving him claw (block jump-up mb claw), Blackbeard scored a TD to give him +str! (str 4 wrestle tackle) and Captain Jack sparrow scored a turn 16 td after a handoff to give him...... +str!! (str 5 block DT).

Now I have some str upgrades maybe I can win some of the bash battles a little better. The Claw Pest will help of course. Now future planning:

Blackbeard: Str 4 wrestle tackle pest - next levelup - I am thinking 2 heads and maybe after that mb or stripball.
Captain Jack Sparrow: Str 5 block DT - next levelup - I am thinking tackle as it goes well with the DT but also I only have 1 tackle in the team currently
Jack: Block jump-up mb claw - next levelup - now PO with those skills goes very well but.... I am also thinking Jugg, 2 heads is another option
Barbossa: Block Guard StandFirm - next levelup - tackle is an issue so maybe that but also Break Tackle or Grab.

Now two games against mass claw mb... so maybe none of these guys will make it,

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
1-0 win for the Tide (should of been 2-0 if not for a glory block triple skull haha). Cleared the pitch in the first half and handed off to a NW to score (15/16 one) so he now has guard. A rotter picked up the mvp and leveled so he has wrestle now.

This win puts me 1st with the lowest possible position of 2nd. Tier 2 I come (oh dear) but I have to face Andydavo's kill squad of Chaos Dwarves first (winner takes the div).

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
3-0 Victory over the evil bearded 2nd place rivals give me the 3D title!

The Kraken managed a mvp and a couple of cas to boost up to lvl 5 and normals so collects Break tackle. Decision on the -av NW to be had... I am tier 2 no so I think I would rather the av 8 block guard NW over a rookie. He can be the one in harms way more of the time so he will be replaced in the end I guess.

Another positive season and with a killer a ball carrier and a defender I think I should be well enough place to build in tier 2. We shall see. Should be fun anyhow!

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Congratulations on the Seasons Victory mate, you out foxed me Match day one and it seems I was not the only one! Well it does mean I should not have done too bad for our divisions Psychic bastard though as I thought you would do well, in a division filled with top coaches its the ones who make the fewest mistakes that prosper and from previous experience of playing you, you play a consistent highly structured game with as much as little as possible left to chance...

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Congratulations on the Seasons Victory mate, you out foxed me Match day one and it seems I was not the only one! Well it does mean I should not have done too bad for our divisions Psychic bastard though as I thought you would do well, in a division filled with top coaches its the ones who make the fewest mistakes that prosper and from previous experience of playing you, you play a consistent highly structured game with as much as little as possible left to chance...

Thanks man, losing Norrington was not on my radar but now I have some strength so I should be able to push people around a bit still. The game vs you was quite timid I remember and if I had had my new claw pest it might of been a bit more damaging for the old Khemri. You have done well yourself in a season starting with 3 rookie Tomb Guardians.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
Thanks man, losing Norrington was not on my radar but now I have some strength so I should be able to push people around a bit still. The game vs you was quite timid I remember and if I had had my new claw pest it might of been a bit more damaging for the old Khemri. You have done well yourself in a season starting with 3 rookie Tomb Guardians.

My team has been falling apart.. Ive retired another 2 Tomb Guardians this season as well and got some real arse injuries like my +ma+ag throwra getting -1 Ma.. (cant fire him but his now bloating my tv)... Once my final match is validated I will now have 2 level 2 guardians and 2 more levelled skeletons though which is a massive positive!!

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Right round up of the first 3 games:

Barristans Orcs..

Not the best play by either side to be honest but I felt I could of got the win in the end. 1-1 with low injuries would have to suffice!

Kazman's HE

A failed gfi into the EZ stopped me scoring and a failed pass at the end also stopped me scoring. His AG 6 was basically a hero player the whole game and no amount of stamps and hits would hurt the fecker. 1-0 loss

Crimsonsons Khemri

7 cas each in this one but I had a little more luck on the ball giving me a score in the first half and a defensive score on the 2nd.

Next week: Orcs with vast mb and po .... not fun. Coach looks to get cas to win looking at 260~ odd inducements. Thinking I buy a rotter (14 men) loner rotter (15 men) and a wizard.