Chaos Pact Need some advices on my Chaos Pact

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Nothing wrong with stacking Block on your Marauders - but wrestle and guard also do sound nice.

If you intend to use your minotaur a lot for blitzing (like you have to do to be able to use juggernaut) I'd get Claw first. Else Tentacles or Stand Firm to go with his guard.

Ninurta

Rookie
Country Flag
I thought one wrestle will raise with strip ball to have more chance on playing team to get the ball on defense. Mino blitz a lot, and juggernaut get me some more reliability. Stand firm is good but I think I will use lesser than juggernaut.

If I could take claw, I would not thinking about mino skill :D

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Sack the mino. He's a waste of space and worse than either of the other two big guys.

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag
Wrestle isn't a bad pick to make up for your lack of tackle.
Sacking the Mino is best. If you really wanna keep him then take juggs and blitz a lot.
You should also sack the niggler. I would sack the extra arms guy too heh.

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You are better off blitzing with a block, MB, claw, piling on marauder than with a mino.

Ninurta

Rookie
Country Flag
I need a 51 spp player to do so. and I woul bette blitz with a mino AND mb PO block claw marauder (with 3 str).

I like to play 3 big guy with guard, I think in the brawl would work better.

and 3 BGuys are fun to see XD

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
True, so you give MB to your first marauder to level. Already now he is better than your mino (because he doesn't need a 2+ to blitz, and he does not have loner).

Blitz with this guy every turn. When he gets 16SPP give him claw. He's now MILES better than your mino. Keep blitzing every turn. Repeat.

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
As regards fun, yes, I had all three big guys on my Pact team. After about 10 games I sacked the mino and never regretted it.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
If (when?!) I finally get my hands on pact in OFL I will start with a mino then fire once I have a better blitzing option. If I can get my hands on a punchy FA then I wont bother with him at all. Similar to a chaos mino - they seem to be worth most to the team right at the very start when options are limited.

Considering what you've said I would take SF on the mino (works well with guard) and wrestle on the marauder.

Snap Wilson

Star Player
Cutting the Mino out of Chaos Pact is like scooping the strawberry out of Neapolitan ice cream. If you're going to do it, why are you eating Neapolitan ice cream?

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You still get plenty of flavour with 2 big guys, the dark elf and the goblin. You can even take the skaven if you like.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I played pact in my TT league and gave the mino Piling on as first skill in stead of all kinds of fancy stuff. 31 Casualties in 25 games, and then I fired him and bought a new one for the next season.

Same skills, first PO, then Jugger, Stand firm, guard and claws as he already have juggernaught. 28 cas in 20 games

I would never play pact without a mino, just give him 3 dice and he is on a kill mission that only fails 1/27 before he gets jugger.

Ninurta

Rookie
Country Flag
Here we go again. I have two marauder raising a level. The first (block-claw) it's a easy pick with MB.

the second (block dodge) it's a way difficult, because he has a double.

I regretted the extra arm on elf, I'd take better guard. I need another guard on the team, and a dodge player may put the guard where I need when I need. I need a tackle too (wasting the double). what do you say? divining tackle? jump up?

The niggler will be cassed after the troll will come back ready. And the "thrower" bill be fired when (I hope) i get a +1 ag on a marauder.

ps. I like the mino. in the last matches every opponent get in trouble playing against 3 ST5 guard player on the field.

here's the roster:
http://bbl.url.ph/bb/096/handler.php?type=roster&team_id=10&detailed=0

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Can't see the roster, but Guard or maybe rather Sure Hands seem like the best two picks for the Blodger?