Crunch Cup 16 Division 2 Poolhall - Wits and Wagers

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
This thread is your place to intimidate your fellow coaches. Here are the long-awaited predictions:

First place:
Drunken Monksh, Borke (Pro Elf)
Key player: 'Grasshopper' Mo-ho-yen

In this division, with virtually no players with Tackle, developed agility teams should be able to shine. The Drunken Monksh have skills on all of their skill players except for one Thrower. 'Grasshopper' Mo-ho-yen could play a critical role as a strip ball safety.

Second place:
Snobbish Parasitic Wasps, Antonis (High Elf)
Key player: Akidas (AG5, Leap, Strip Ball Blitzer)

The other Elven team in this division should also do well, although the lack of a deep bench might cause issues if armor rolls go against them. Their key player is Akidas, a High Elf Blitzer who thinks he's a War Dancer. Look for aggressive defensive play out of this team.

Third Place:
Hatz on Fire, Smakapotomus (Undead)
Key player: Kabluey (AG4, Sure Hands Ghoul)

Undead teams sometimes struggle with handling the ball. Kabluey gives the Hatz a reliable option for that role. This also makes Kabluey a big target for the opponent's blitzes and fouls. A lot may depend on whether this fragile player can stay healthy for the rest of the season.

Fourth Place:
Footrot Revivalists, Loucyber (Necromantic)
Key player: The Horse (Blodging Necromantic Werewolf)

This team has fairly standard development so far, but that may be good enough to make the playoffs. The Horse already has Block and Dodge, and may become an unstoppable killing machine if he can get doubles for Mighty Blow. However, this team could struggle against the two Lizards in the division.

Fifth Place:
Gila Monsters, Sbr32 (Lizard)
Key player: Conquaconquazoalt (Saurus)

Lack of Tackle may make it difficult for the Lizard teams in a division where every team has some Dodge players. Still, these Lizards are definitely developed enough to win some games. But they're probably goign to need some breaks to go their way in order to make it into the playoffs.

Sixth Place:
Swamp Detectives, St. Cloud (Lizard)
Key player: Hercule Poirot (Saurus)

I expect both Lizard teams to perform similarly. Lack of Tackle is going to make things difficult for both of them. But having 7 players of Strength 4 or higher can make up for a lot of problems, so they could definitely surprise me and do much better than predicted.

Last edited:

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
The Swamp Detectives would like to thank all well wishers for the kind sentiments and we are looking forward to the Play Offs and hoisting the trophy.

Thank you.

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
This thread is your place to intimidate your fellow coaches. Here are the long-awaited predictions:

First place:
Drunken Monksh, Borke (Pro Elf)
Key player: 'Grasshopper' Mo-ho-yen

In this division, with virtually no players with Tackle, developed agility teams should be able to shine. The Drunken Monksh have skills on all of their skill players except for one Thrower. 'Grasshopper' Mo-ho-yen could play a critical role as a strip ball safety.

Second place:
Snobbish Parasitic Wasps, Antonis (High Elf)
Key player: Akidas (AG5, Leap, Strip Ball Blitzer)

The other Elven team in this division should also do well, although the lack of a deep bench might cause issues if armor rolls go against them. Their key player is Akidas, a High Elf Blitzer who thinks he's a War Dancer. Look for aggressive defensive play out of this team.

Third Place:

Undead teams sometimes struggle with handling the ball. Kabluey gives the Hatz a reliable option for that role. This also makes Kabluey a big target for the opponent's blitzes and fouls. A lot may depend on whether this fragile player can stay healthy for the rest of the season.

Fourth Place:
Footrot Revivalists, Loucyber (Necromantic)
Key player: The Horse (Blodging Necromantic Werewolf)

This team has fairly standard development so far, but that may be good enough to make the playoffs. The Horse already has Block and Dodge, and may become an unstoppable killing machine if he can get doubles for Mighty Blow. However, this team could struggle against the two Lizards in the division.

Fifth Place:
Gila Monsters, Sbr32 (Lizard)
Key player: Conquaconquazoalt (Saurus)

Lack of Tackle may make it difficult for the Lizard teams in a division where every team has some Dodge players. Still, these Lizards are definitely developed enough to win some games. But they're probably goign to need some breaks to go their way in order to make it into the playoffs.

Sixth Place:

I expect both Lizard teams to perform similarly. Lack of Tackle is going to make things difficult for both of them. But having 7 players of Strength 4 or higher can make up for a lot of problems, so they could definitely surprise me and do much better than predicted.

Shit he rolled a d6 and we turned up 1 RR 1- 6th seriously?

The Detectives don't need no tackle...its like cheating.

Last edited:

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
I didn't realize the predictions had been done. I'll get you some day for predicting me to place first, Znarx :p

In any case, it looks like a quality division, and I look forward to playing you all and stripping some balls ;)

Smakapotomus

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Smakapotomus
Country Flag
Third Place:

Healthy is a possibility, out of the injury box is quite another matter. As in MD-1, he took a KO in the first half & was content with napping the remainder of the game dispite 3x rolls to stand up & join his team mates.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
I didn't realize the predictions had been done. I'll get you some day for predicting me to place first, Znarx :p

All predictions are for entertainment purposes only. :D I cannot be held responsible for any gambling losses incurred due to wagers based on these predictions.

In other news, Znarx's bookie shop is open for business. Place your bets now for best odds!

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag

Sixth Place:

Surprise Surprise

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
St Cloud did his part for Lizard-kind this morning, now I just need to figure out how to beat Antonis' Elves to get myself in the playoffs as well.

Loucyber

Star Player
Country Flag
I made the predicted 4th place, so kudos to Znarx for his predictions. Unfortunately my team looks worse now than before season. In the three last games a Ghoul, a Werewolf and a Wight were killed, all Lvl3. To make things worse the last 2 MVP were awarded to a journeyman and to the dead Wight. So the season has been dismal for me and I am thinking wether it´s worth to play on with the team. A new team should be able to get almost the same SPP by a few CTA-matches than my Footrotters.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I would play the allowed 2 CTA matches with them as well as starting with a new team in CTA.
You probably have around a month before CTALE starts so stick your new team in that.
Then see which is looking best before the next Crunch Cup starts which will probably be in the new year.

Loucyber

Star Player
Country Flag
I would play the allowed 2 CTA matches with them as well as starting with a new team in CTA.
You probably have around a month before CTALE starts so stick your new team in that.
Then see which is looking best before the next Crunch Cup starts which will probably be in the new year.

Thx for the advice. To play with the Footrotters I have to register them again in CTA, right?