Cyanide Blood Bowl 2 Bretonnian Skills

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag
Journeymen STILL don't add to TV for matchmaking. The bank doesn't add to TV for matching but transfers to petty cash. Any cash you spend on inducements is returned after the match. Crazy.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Not to mention that the higher TV team gets to choose inducements last, with any cash they transfer into petty cash not counting towards their TV.

So you can have a 1150 team vs a 1200 team. The 1150 team buys a babe, then the 1200 team transfers 150K into petty cash and buys a wizard. The 1150 team does not get any more enducements, and then the 1200 team gets the 150K back after the match...

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag
Not to mention that the higher TV team gets to choose inducements last, with any cash they transfer into petty cash not counting towards their TV.

So you can have a 1150 team vs a 1200 team. The 1150 team buys a babe, then the 1200 team transfers 150K into petty cash and buys a wizard. The 1150 team does not get any more enducements, and then the 1200 team gets the 150K back after the match...

Ofc the higher TV selecting last doesn't matter that much really, it's the fact that there isn't a declare petty cash phase.

Modustrollens

Veteran
Country Flag
It is kinda offtopic, but i can talk a bit about bb2.

-There is a "Grid" in the game, but you can only access it if you buy the Astrogranite Stadium upgrade (it puts a Astrogranite Grid in your stadium). its probably just preference, but i think it is quite easy to play without a Grid. (I have more than 40 games in BB2, and i don't even miss it)

-The inducement bug is getting fixed next patch (the devs already announced it), it also might fix the Journeymen problem.

-about the Aging issue, it only affects the NAF League (Cyanide official league), you can just disable it your private league.

-the bank rule is fine, imo. You can also dump a lot of cash on your Stadium if you need to.

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
-the bank rule is fine, imo. You can also dump a lot of cash on your Stadium if you need to.

That's exactly the point - it's your opinion. Plenty of other people don't like the rule. So why in God's name do they put it in the game? They don't know anything about BB. Why fuck about with the ruleset?

Modustrollens

Veteran
Country Flag
That's exactly the point - it's your opinion. Plenty of other people don't like the rule. So why in God's name do they put it in the game? They don't know anything about BB. Why fuck about with the ruleset?
They made 2 Blood Bowl games already, they probably know SOMETHING about BB by now.

About the bank rule, does it really unbalances the game to not let coaches Hoard like 1 million cash? The change is probably for the best.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
It is kinda offtopic, but i can talk a bit about bb2.

-There is a "Grid" in the game, but you can only access it if you buy the Astrogranite Stadium upgrade (it puts a Astrogranite Grid in your stadium). its probably just preference, but i think it is quite easy to play without a Grid. (I have more than 40 games in BB2, and i don't even miss it)

-The inducement bug is getting fixed next patch (the devs already announced it), it also might fix the Journeymen problem.

-about the Aging issue, it only affects the NAF League (Cyanide official league), you can just disable it your private league.

They announced that they were fixing the issue where you are awarded your cash that you put into petty cash back after the match. They haven't said if they are actually fixing the inducements. It's so hard to tell as they haven't explained the rules they tried to implement. It's just known what they did implement is horribly broken. I'm assuming there's at least 2 or 3 bugs prevalent in inducements, but unless they actually let us know the rules they are trying to implement its hard to tell what's bad coding and what's bad decision making...

St Cloud

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
St. Cloud
Country Flag
They made 2 Blood Bowl games already, they probably know SOMETHING about BB by now.

About the bank rule, does it really unbalances the game to not let coaches Hoard like 1 million cash? The change is probably for the best.

The point is that it is unproven one way or another if changes are good or not and many are very much in the eye of the beholder.

We do not know what Cyanide have inteded to change and what are bugs and why they have changed rules or whatever. Because they aren't telling us. They didn't tell the poor sods that spent half a year or more trying to beta test BB2 and they aren't telling us know.

Last edited:

JimmyFantastic

Star Player
Country Flag

On FUMBBL teams literally hoard over 10 million. It doesn't matter.

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag

Having played long perpetual leagues, those leagues are not biased in favour of bash teams. The bash teams are balanced by taking a long time to level key blocker pieces, and so if they lose a few key players they can get into a spiral of decline. The cash is not a factor - many bash teams retire with a million in the bank. That's normal.

Cyanide know nothing about BB. They don't understand the game at all. The list of errors and broken game mechanics in BB2 is astonishing.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Bank rule is a BBRC decision though, that finally (maybe) got through. And it hurts the comets as well. Juriel saved up one million with his skaven for when he was going into the meatgrinder for the championship. Besides, anything that stymies Nurgle and Chaos Dwarves will open up the game. :p
(Now if we could only make team like Humans and maybe Stunties more useful so other than masochists would pick them. Hmm..)

nufflehatesme

Super Star Player
Country Flag
is it just me or are bretonnians a better version of humans? cheaper linemen that start with fend. blockers are more linemen that start with wrestle and strength access. the blitzers are slightly worse due to no strength access, but one double for mb should be enough anyway.
you lose throwers and catchers, but these guys are not integral to human play. many good human players skip both these positionals and use a blitzer to carry the ball anyway. 8 block/wrestle, with ma6/7 and av8 seems crazy strong. i may have to get back into blood bowl to try these guys out.