Munch Cup #1 registration

Do you like an idea to have 16 team playoffs when there are total 16 teams in the competition?

• Yeah, it's not great, but OK

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

notorious noob

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I would very much like to join.

Lizards for me if you do reach 20 players. Still need to make a team/give a name.

LloydsGamble

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
LloydsGamble
Country Flag
If everyone is happy to, I would vote on extending the deadline a bit. We seem to be getting a fresh wave of interest in the cup and might end up with a bigger, more interesting competition.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
If there are too many Dark Elves, then I don't mind changing to another race (Maybe Chaos or Wood Elves as we only have 1 & 0 of them at the moment)

Just post here what you'd like me to do, as from the sounds I'll need to re-register for the competition anyway.
It is up to you - pick whatever team you want, we are not forcing or encouraging any race selection. Just post here what team/race you want to sign up.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
If everyone is happy to, I would vote on extending the deadline a bit. We seem to be getting a fresh wave of interest in the cup and might end up with a bigger, more interesting competition.
That is a sound suggestion. We have 19 now notorious noob application. I am OK to wait a bit longer if we still be at 19 (or 23 ;)) at deadline. As soon as we have a good number: 20, or 24 - we'll start.
With 20 teams, I will make 2 divisions of 10 and 16 teams in playoffs. That means top 8 team out of 10 from each division will go to play off. It is less competitive, but I think for the first BB2 cup, there will be plenty of adrenaline rush anyway. :D

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Latest roster:

1. Darkness, Inc. - Dark Elves, Mamutas (US);*
2. Carnival of Badoom - Orcs, Regor (PT);
3. The Spades - High Elves, Ibispi (Azura) (RS);
4. Happy Forest Friends - Wood Elves, LloydsGamble (UK);
5. The Blues Brothers - Human, Ravers (UK);
6. Big Green Ones - Orcs, Orielensis (UK);
7. Blitzosavres - Lizardman, Antonis (GR);
8. The DORFinns - Dwarf, Majimbauro (BR);
9. Sssssnakes on a plane - Lizardman, Kalorius (Kaloriussen) (DK);
10.The Dark Pirates - Dark Elves, sbr32 (US);
11.Wacko Nuffleites - Human, Radko (PL);
12.Fractured But Whole! - Chaos, Motb (DK);
13.Knight if Triangle Table - Bretonnians, Eguzko (NL);
14.Holy Charge Knights - Bretonnians, Curving (BR);
15.Super Mario Smash Bros - Dark Elves, neeky (DE);
16.The Deceivers - Munch Cup - Dark Elves, PapaNasty (Sly Animal) (NZ);
17.Pompous Knights - High Elves, Weerdoh (SW);
18. Rat Boy Skim - Skaven, Goatee (UK);
19. Komodo_Dragons - Lizardman, notorious noob, (NL);

Dwarf - 1
Chaos - 1
Skaven - 1
High Elves - 2
Orc - 2
Human - 2
Lizard - 3
Bretonnians - 2
Dark Elves - 4
Wood Elves - 1

* - I am very likely to change to other race, seeing too many DEs

Registrations are still accepted!!!

Last edited:

LloydsGamble

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
LloydsGamble
Country Flag
If it's ok, I think I'll switch to Wood Elves.

A) Because we don't have any yet
B) Because I've realised I'm a bad Skaven player :p

LloydsGamble
Race: Wood Elf
Team name: Happy Forest Friends

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
LloydsGamble and notorious noob, just confirming that I noted your posts.
It is half an hour until the deadline and we are at 19 teams. I don't really want to leave 3 last team behind, so I am waiting for one more to sign up. And that will be the last one. As soon as we got 20, we are going to start.

I had deleted the competition as I can't change its size and created 2 new ones. Here is what you should expect when we get our #20.

Division 1
1. ... and Chaos for All! - Chaos, Mamutas (US);
2. Carnival of Badoom - Orcs, Regor (PT);
3. The Spades - High Elves, Ibispi (Azura) (RS);
4. Happy Forest Friends - Wood Elves, LloydsGamble (UK);
5. The Blues Brothers - Human, Ravers (UK);
6. Big Green Ones - Orcs, Orielensis (UK);
7. Blitzosavres - Lizardman, Antonis (GR);
8. The DORFinns - Dwarf, Majimbauro (BR);
9. Sssssnakes on a plane - Lizardman, Kalorius (Kaloriussen) (DK);
10.The Dark Pirates - Dark Elves, sbr32 (US);
Division 2
11. Wacko Nuffleites - Human, Radko (PL);
12. Fractured But Whole! - Chaos, Motb (DK);
13. Knights of Triangle Table - Bretonnians, Eguzko (NL);
14. Holy Charge Knights - Bretonnians, Curving (BR);
15. Super Mario Smash Bros - Dark Elves, neeky (DE);
16. The Deceivers - Munch Cup - Dark Elves, PapaNasty (Sly Animal) (NZ);
17. Pompous Knights - High Elves, Weerdoh (SW);
18. Rat Boy Skim - Skaven, Goatee (UK);
19. Komodo_Dragons - Lizardman, notorious noob, (NL);
20. Rooftop Watchers - Wood Elves, AzraelEVA (DE).

Please check your team name, to be sure it is the one you want to sing up with.

Last edited:

Eguzko

Veteran
Cyanide Username
eguzko
Country Flag
Due to a typo my team name is not correct in the list. The team name is "Knights of Triangle Table"

LloydsGamble

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
LloydsGamble
Country Flag
If we go with 20 teams, I would suggest four divisions of 5 teams with the 2 top teams from each division going into an 8 team play-off round.

I think a 9 game long league stage with 8/10 teams progressing could get a bit stale.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
If we go with 20 teams, I would suggest four divisions of 5 teams with the 2 top teams from each division going into an 8 team play-off round.

I think a 9 game long league stage with 8/10 teams progressing could get a bit stale.
I wish that too. However, I am limited to only create the divisions with even number of teams, so I can't make 5 team per division, but 4, 6, 8 and so on. For playoffs the number of team is a power of 2: 8, 16, 32, and so on.
To add some flair, we can have 8 teams in the play off but it will make 4 out of 10 going into the play offs. That sounds too competitive for the first league in a new game, but if you all guys are OK with that, I will oblige.
Voice your opinion, we still get time until we get #20.

EDIT: I remember Cyanide promised much more flexible tools for private competition running and I expected lots of ways for match up and schedule. Well, perhaps in one of the future updates? I can only hope...

AzraelEVA

Star Player
Country Flag
I would like to join too
AzraelEVA
Race: Woodelves
Teamname: Rooftop Watchers

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I would like to join too
AzraelEVA
Race: Woodelves
Teamname: Rooftop Watchers

And then they were 20!

OK, coaches, the sign up for Munch Cup #1 is officially CLOSED. If you still interested to join, you will be put on the waiting list for future cups or possible replacement. Post in this thread http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/munch-cup-waiting-list.5603/ to get yourselves added to the list.

Later today (8 hours or so), I will issue the tickets and as soon as everyone accepts, we will start it.

During this time, please feel free to post your opinion on number of teams in play offs.

Cheers!

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Given the Cyanide restrictions, I would recommend 8 in the play offs.

Main reasons being a) a lot of new players. Hopefully I am wrong but I would be surprised if all 20 teams last the season. If this is the case and for example 2 drop out then everyone bar the last 2 teams are in the play offs which seems a bit crazy (I do understand that an incentive of play offs may mean teams less likely to drop out but still..!). b) Risk vs reward. If you think you are going to make the play offs anyway then less reason to go for that exceptional play in order to force a win. Again, this will be a relatively long season, would think the reward of a play off spot is something to focus us coaches rather than meh, I'll qualify anyway.

For what its worth, playing Humans, I doubt I'll make it (wish I had rolled Skaven heh but when I registered as team #5 teams #3 and 4 were Skaven so what can you do). However I would feel a bit cheesy if I qualified eg 8th, got drawn against the unbeaten team who finished 1st, and then beat them due to Nuffle!

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for organising this and I am happy to play whatever you decide.
Cheers.

LloydsGamble

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
LloydsGamble
Country Flag
I wish that too. However, I am limited to only create the divisions with even number of teams, so I can't make 5 team per division, but 4, 6, 8 and so on.

Ah ok, didn't realise that. That's a very odd restriction.

EDIT: Also me being dumb and not thinking about every team needing another team to play that week :oops:

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Ah ok, didn't realise that. That's a very odd restriction.

EDIT: Also me being dumb and not thinking about every team needing another team to play that week :oops:
Well, a team can sit out one week without a play, as this is normally happens in similar situations in the real world. But it probably was too hard to program, although I can't imagine why ;)

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
With the playoffs, since we have 2x divisions, then either 8 or 16 are both fine, assuming that the matches will be seeded i.e. (#1 division 1 vs #8 division 2) (#2 division 1 vs #7 division 2), and that theoretically the two division winners should meet in the final (And the semifinals should be #1 division 1 vs #2 division 2, and vice versa).

If seeding isn't possible though (I don't know how useful the controls for the competitions are?), then it should just be top 8 to ensure that there's enough motivation for teams to focus on keeping a good record (Rather than risking defeat just to gain extra SPP). If it's seeded, then there should be enough motivation already, since playing a top team, vs playing a lower team, can make a big difference.

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
Also as an aside, you can create a bye if you wanted.

You could simply add a team to the competition which doesn't play (1x coach from divison 1, makes the bye team for divison 2), and the player who is meant to play them, has a bye (Perhaps plays them and the "bye team" just concedes straight away).

It'd give the team with the bye a gold advantage, and a chance to rest their players (clear injuries etc), but probably less SPP than a regular game, so it's pretty fair (Particularly as everyone would get the bye at some point in the tournament). People could argue that it's unfair on someone who gets the bye 1st/last round etc, but overall it's probably pretty fair.