Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 29

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
I disagree that skaven are less protected from attrition. In my experience skaven tend to have much deeper benches than elves and are also better able to hurt players back thus helping to keep a parity of manpower on the pitch which always reduces cas. Woodies and Pros seem much more likely to end up short handed in Skaven. In 10 BC seasons I rarely started a half down in players.

The wizard issue is tricky but something to think about is that if you start receiving the skaven/elf is more likely to have a full team and half in which to find an opportunity to use his wiz and what's more, if its not on he doesn;t have to take it, he can score quick in the second and then hope to get a defensive td on the third drive. Having 4-5 turns to score against a wiz defense is also not a great way to end a game.

On the other hand if you kick and defend well there's a chance you can put enough pressure on to make them use their wiz on offense thus giving you the chance at a relatively stress free 2-1 grind.

Most of the time elves can reduce their opponents to 1 or 2 hits a turn as every one of their linemen is AG4 and has access to dodge. Skaven linemen are AG3 and do not have agility access. Linerats go down the first turn, or the second, or the third. But they go down. That leaves their positionals exposed pretty much every game. Or at least that's how it works for me. I don't remember winning a bash war against elves, especially AV8 elves... They have better defensive skills and armor than skaven.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I mean yeah AV 8 elves are tougher than skaven no question, and stronger teams overall in long running leagues (though they are also more expensive than skaven and a lot less likely to benefit from wizards). I do find that through a combination of tacklepomb, clawpomb and fouls I find I can usually outbash elves especially with bribes/ratrogre/wiz to help out. Couple of times when I have struggled is when I was down to one or 0 tacklepomb SV.

Specifically though I think that skaven have better staying power than woodies/pros. Line rats do get injured more of course, but skaven should have a much better ability to bash back so that even if you lose 2-3 line rats you've hopefuly taken 1-2 opposition players with you. Your bench and inducements should then help you field a full side for next half and by the end of the game you can sometime be winning the war of attrition. Pros and woodies are more expensive and less bashy meaning that even though they last longer and take less hits they tend to get short handed more. This is all mostly my perception but its borne out to an extent by statistics especially for pros who are super fragile.

http://www.cmanu.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bb/stats/stats.html Here skaven take slightly more cas per game than wood elves and pros but the difference is really small (3 for skaven 2.92 for woodies) and they cause more (1.64 vs 1.21 for Pros and 1.17 for woodies) so with a bigger bench.... AND that's from TV MM not from league games where inducements come into the picture.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
The ability for Skaven to cause injuries is really dependent on getting doubles on the SV. For elves they also need doubles to become decent at causing injuries and bashing in general, but you have a lot more options to roll those doubles! But I've played a lot more Skaven matches than elf matches, so I readily admit most of my elf experience comes from facing them and not playing with them (which can definitely skew opinion)...

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
The same way you beat any necro team.
Take out the wolves and ghouls.
Without their speed and agility you can just beat up the rest.

Jakerbeef

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Usually find them indestructible. :( which is why I might get stampy/stampy with the Dirty Player. However he does outnumber me

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Stay in front of him. Hold centre field an make him pick a wing. Then hem him in and cut him off. Hes fast but if you can get the odd ghoul or wolf off his options really narrow.

Jakerbeef

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Managed to do that by accident. Huddled in the centre of the field with 8 men in the 2nd half. Ran over to the wing with some tentacles when he was clear through and then nuffle cursed him with a failed end zone gfi.
Basically I got lucky and nuffle turned up. Rarely felt as guilty as I did then...

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Disciples pulled off a 2-2 draw in a mirror match against Hombarus MD5. My opponent was salty on turn 1 after failing a dodge and BHing his blitzer - he didn't stop complaining about dice the rest of the game, despite the fact that I didn't cause so much as a KO the entire game. Some tactical errors on his part gave me the openings that I managed to capitalize on. Turn 15, ahead 2-1, he had the option of surfing my only receiver in range, but went after the ball instead. A both down/push he rerolled (using his first RR of the half!) into another both down/push, and on the second frenzy block he got a skull on the 1d. This let me hand off and dodge in for the score to equalize.

I would have liked a win, but despite being outmatched in numbers and skills, I pulled it off. The ranting all game about dice was a bit much however, especially considering BBM shows it was rather even. Ah, well.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Looks like the Rat Taqueria are going to get an admin win for MD5. Choobywalker just couldn't make the match this week. I was looking forward to the match, but this will leave me in 2nd place in 4B with a 4-0-1 record and a +10 TD difference. But my 3 real wins are against the bottom of the division so it's going to be a dogfight from here on out.

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Managed to do that by accident. Huddled in the centre of the field with 8 men in the 2nd half. Ran over to the wing with some tentacles when he was clear through and then nuffle cursed him with a failed end zone gfi.
Basically I got lucky and nuffle turned up. Rarely felt as guilty as I did then...

Dont feel guilty, it could well be you hetting the shaft next week.

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Got a draw against Banthas vampires where running out of players stopped me pulling ahead.

Lex Luthur, my veteran catcher picked up another injury to go with his -ma so its time to go.

Sonce md9 Ive lost 3 catchers a wardancer a thrower and a guard/wrodge lineman amongst our losses.

Season 30 will be about rebuilding in t2.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Disciples fell 0-2 against straume's Chorfs, coached by my arch-frenemy jounisii. I got nuffled pretty hard and the game was never competitive. I do have two MNG but no permanent injuries, luckily. The last 3 games are the 'soft' part of my schedule, though, so it's possible I can get up out of the relegation zone with a couple of wins.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Offenders managed to beat Snubbleriet in a very silly game.

My drive I get in trouble through a surfed zombie, a KO mummy and a dead Wight (despite Igor), but also KO his Krox and BH his Stripballling Saurus and also a skink, I think.

In the end my ballcarrier has to run it on his own and gets taken down by a saurus mere squares from the endzone and the ball is snagged by a skink. I fail to take down the skink, but it fails to do the whole pitch in one turn needed to score.

First half, 0-0.

Second half he is still down players. Krox didn't return and he only had 12 players to the game to start with. But since all skinks have +1 on a stat except the +2 ag one, he can move the ball freely and sends down a skink with a screen to be able to score in two turns if he wants to.

But with a dead Wight and a bad scoreline I have put all four ghouls on the pitch. And the ball carrying skink is in double GFI range of the fast ghoul. So wizard it is, and KO/stuntyBH it is (which he accidentally apo:es)
Punch a screening skink out of the way, tackle-mark the other backfield skink (GFI) , tackle-mark the ball (2 GFI) and finally go pick up the ball with surehander ghoul (2 GFI, I think it took a reroll).

But pickup fails.

But it scattered to the ballmarking ghoul. That caught it.

And then lost it to a 1D skink blitz (ST3 skink dodging through tacklezones) and the other skink picked up the ball and ran for it.
But was taken down by GFI Wight so the nearby ghoul could pick up the ball with the second reroll.
But Wight gets stunned by POMBFrenzyTackle lizard, that marks the ballcarrier.
Not wanting to do a 3+ dodge with only my last reroll as safety, I try a 4+ one with skill, with AG4 ghoul from DT skink, to blitz away the killer.

Dodge failed. Ballcarrier surfed. Ball thrown into my half, where AG5 (but move 7) skink can pick it up. But Wight (jump up is great) manage a 3D takedown (helped by two unskilled zombies) - but only on the last reroll, and not even piling on can cause a stun.

Move 7 and 2 GFI from prone is enough to pick up the good (for Lizards) scatter but it ain't enough for the endzone (barely). And even if the undead were fairly contained, it took only one block to free the Wight for a possible blitz. 3+ dodge worked, but the GFI failed.

But low on players, Srsface didn't want to give me three turns to score, and with Jump up on the Wight he felt he had to mark it with his sole other remaining skink (at least one saw itself off on a failed dodge).

Only this left my fast ghoul unmarked. One pow on two dice and the ballcarrier skink was stunned and the ball in hand. One jump up and pile on later and the other skink was hurt off. Then his killer saurus duble skulled, and I managed reroll-less 2 GFI, short pass and catch, he failed his GFI to mark my new ballcarrier and I had somehow won. :confused:

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
The Rat Taqueria lost to Vedholm's Dark Elves 3-2 in MD6. I was outplayed, I finished three turns with double ones, and I finished one turn with a second double skulls roll (the first one was rerolled successfully). So a lot of my turns were ended with poor positioning. Luckily all my players made it out intact despite having to use the apoth around turn 4 or 5. I was controlled for much of the match, it felt more like 5-2 :)

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
This weekend vnv meet jakerbeefs reprobates in a clash of the titans.

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Find out Sunday night!

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
1B is rather tight this season.

1 team on 13 points
2 teams on 12 points
1 team on 11 points
1 team on 10 points with MD7 still to play
1 team on 9 points
1 team on 8 points
1 team on 7 points with MD7 still to play

So 1st place can still be relegated and 7th can still go up to the championship if results go their way.

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Been a while since I posted here, my bad...

Currently on 4-3-0 with my new Chaos team in 6C. MD8 is likely to be an admin win, MD9 will see me face the division leading Necros coached by Ronkoteus, currently on 7-0-0. Winning will secure my second place, first is likely out. Really happy with the development and glad I rerolled, it's a nice change of pace. Last game saw us overpowering Errant Saint's Nurglites in a very interesting match.