Not open for further replies.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Basically - yes, strength is usually seen as the one thing to postpone Block for on ST4 players.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
My solid gold shoes are a bit tight. My ST5 amazon blitzer (so ST5 and blodge) has just rolled a double as her third skill.

I only have 3 guard so I should probably take Guard. If I really wanted to annoy the opposition I could take sidestep. Can any one think of a good reason to not take Guard?
You've probably picked the skill now, but just thought I'd mention Diving Tackle.
Would go nicely with ST5 Blodge, followed by 3 of Guard, SF, Tackle, MB. That's a long road though and it also depends what role you want to use her in.
Can't go wrong with Guard though.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I went guard cos I am a guard fanboy. DT i can and will get on my catchers so I don't need to use a double for it.

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
ST is the ONLY thing worth postponing Block (or Break Tackle if you have 3-4 Block already) as first skill.

If you're not thinking long term then forgoing ST isn't a bad call, if you are thinking long term then once he eventually gets to 16spp he becomes an awesome player.

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
For the saurus, what they both said :D

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Quick one for you, got my next match with this team tonight.

Bloodletter on my Big Crunch khorne team has rolled 6+4.
He already has Dodge and I was going to go Guard, should I be tempted by the +MA?
I was going to ignore it as we need basic skills so badly.

Team consists of:
1 rookie herald
3 bloodletters (2 with Block, plus this guy who has Dodge)
6 pit fighters (1 with Guard, rest are rookies)
3 RR, 1 Apo

Arthur Wynne

Super Star Player
Country Flag
ST is the ONLY thing worth postponing Block (or Break Tackle if you have 3-4 Block already) as first skill.

If you're not thinking long term then forgoing ST isn't a bad call, if you are thinking long term then once he eventually gets to 16spp he becomes an awesome player.

I thought about it for a while, but I took the strength in the end. I'm certainly hoping to develop this team long-term.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Ging

I would take block. Guard is very useful but only 2 block is not enough. I would take either block or guard before a mv. You need skills.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Cheers cj, I saw your post and Block was a very close 2nd choice, but still went with Guard.
Got a lot of rookie players within an MVP of lvl 2 and they'll get Block, so I took this opportunity to double my Guard quota.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Khorne, just like Vampires, do appreciate a bit of extra speed though. Especially on the guy you were already building to be a ballcarrier..

Arthur Wynne

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Orc lineman with Block (LoS-jockey) rolled 5+6. The AG is probably bloat (I already have an AG 4 Blitzer, which has been useful but far from outstanding) but might not be when the alternative is a regular skill?

If I go for a general skill, the question is which one. My team needs more Tackle, but that might force me to stop using him on the line -alternatively I could take Fend. Or I might have overlooked some other good option. Suggestions?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Orc lineman with Block (LoS-jockey) rolled 5+6. The AG is probably bloat (I already have an AG 4 Blitzer, which has been useful but far from outstanding) but might not be when the alternative is a regular skill?

Elves pick guard all the time because they need more of it. Orc blitzers and throwers similarly take AG or Move whenever possible.

Orc linos might have walked down another path already, but else they also pick the stats.
This is because then you can replace the thrower, or just use them as a ballsnagger once it is loose.

Get the AG, then sure hands next. The blitzer with Ag4 will be busy getting S skills or Tackle (that he has the speed to use) while your lino can stick to G skills - Sure Hands and then Kick or Kickoff return depending upon whether you keep your thrower or not.

cptbeefalo

Rookie
Country Flag
Well crud. Block-MB Saurus lost a ST. Damn collar bones. Who needs em, amirite? Anyway, to dump or not to dump? He's only 6 SPP from lvl4.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Well crud. Block-MB Saurus lost a ST. Damn collar bones. Who needs em, amirite? Anyway, to dump or not to dump? He's only 6 SPP from lvl4.

This is really a question for the "should I fire this guy or not" thread..

Anyway, only reason not to sack would be if you have only a small handful of games left with the team (but more than one).

For any kind of longterm progression, fire away.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Oh, right, Block MB, not Block Guard. Yea, sack unless you only have two games left. (or all other Saurii have guard and you have only a playoff left)

Arthur Wynne

Super Star Player
Country Flag
What goes into deciding between Dodge and Guard as first skill on a Thrall?

I don't have any Guard yet on the team, but I find myself often having to reposition Thralls to support my vampires or each other, and of course Dodge helps a thrall stay on his feet. Seems like it would make him less of a target too. So that all weighs in on the Dodge side. On the other hand, Guard is always worth having.

Status
Not open for further replies.