Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 30+

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
MD8: Klownz 2- 0 Chakalaka

The match started with Zulu putting some money in it so he could have a babe.
It was surprising for me, as I still don't know how the petty cash system works.

However he elected to receive and we set up.
Initially we traded blows with not much damage, while we pushed his cage slowly back.
Finally, when the time was running out Zulu made his move pushing on the right side, but he couldn't quite protect the BC appropriately and left me with some openings for 1d block (requiring some 2+ rolls which all succeeded).
It worked out well, and Boner (the ST4 AG3 TR) was BH (not regen'd) while the ball went out of bounds and was thrown just close to my AG4 blitzer on the other side of the field.
Blinko had an easy time retrieving the ball and running out of reach of any opponent.
Finally in the same turn I killed a Superstar ST6 Breack Tackle TG with a foul.
Pretty awesome turn.
Zulu didn't even try to chase my blitzer and I walked him in on turn 8 after using APO on an AV bust for Cha-U-Kao, which was transformed in BH. Yay.

Second half it was my turn to attack and I started dropping some skellies.
Managed to send some out or stunned and set up a nice cage near the center of the field, but alas, it was not meant to be: Karandash failed the pickup and Zulu stormed the ball.
It was a difficult situation, with the ball double marked and no easy way out.
It required some GFI to properly setup a chainpush to free the ball, but luckily it went well and it also allowed me to push out of a bad position Grock.
The ball was securely protected and Blinko could easily stroll to get it.
From that point on, it was a slow unimpeded march of my cage while the rest of my players traded blows (and fouls) with the remaining 2 TG and skellies. trying to screen the cage for any possible ST6 Break Tackle Shenaningans.
My killers used PO a bit freely sending out multiple opponents, but it meant ending up on the ground often until a foul killed Cha-U-Kao outright.

In the end the dead count was high: I lost a LVL5 killer, while Zulu lost a Legend TG, the DP skellie and another rookie skell
Pretty bloody affair.
If I have to find a positive, the TV trim will avoid Ballztothewalla to get inducement in our final match.
I think I would have preferred to still have my Frenzy POMBer.

Technically I am still in range for promotion (how many teams go in div 1? 3 or 4?), we'll see how my match against Ballz will go.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
The ball was securely protected and Blinko could easily stroll to get it.
From that point on, it was a slow unimpeded march of my cage
Technically I am still in range for promotion (how many teams go in div 1? 3 or 4?), we'll see how my match against Ballz will go.

I'm still upset with you about not handing over the ball to your 5 SPP black orc cage corner when the win was already secured.

And 3 promote from all divisions. Only different is Championship where nobody promotes but 4 get to stay.

Bonus promotions can get you up from a fourth or lower place, but are nothing to count on for T1 and 2.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
You're right, I should have.
Didn't even think about it until turn 16, and then it appeared too risky, although since the win was secured I could have tried it anyway.

I am also upset with myself for being too reckless with my piling ons, which ultimately lead to the death of an L5 Blitzer.
Now I have 2 rookies to live with.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
You're right, I should have.
Didn't even think about it until turn 16, and then it appeared too risky, although since the win was secured I could have tried it anyway.

I am also upset with myself for being too reckless with my piling ons, which ultimately lead to the death of an L5 Blitzer.
Now I have 2 rookies to live with.

Like you said in OCC - it's easy to overlook options because one looks to much at something else. I know that happens too much to me as well. :oops:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Scores are thus
16 13 13 13 11 10 10 9 9 5 0
with two games left to play.

After a tense game against Antituros Skaven, which he lost mostly because he bought a heavy bench (allowing me to sack enough zombies to stop the wizard) and because he loved to (try to) pass I'm at 4-4-0 with one remaining game in an extremely close division.

16 16 16 14 14 11 10 9 6 0 are the points in the division as it enters the last matchday.

Me, Arwens Arrows and Kazman are at 16, meaning we currently promote, but Robbo and Coachman are at 14 and can overtake anyone who falters.

The matchups are:
AA vs Glokta (9 point Skaven)
Kazman vs Robbo in a straight promotion decider (that Kaz takes on a draw)
Coachman vs tubragg (11 point Necro)
notafunhater (6 point darkies) play a bottom trawler game that means nothing against Antituros (0 point Skaven)

And I'm playing Pimp Wizards 10 point darkies.
I need a win (might be enough with a draw) to promote for sure, he might need to draw or win to avoid demotion. So I'm thinking we might be better off to play late in the week, to see what's riding on the match. (If neither Robbo nor Coachman wins, I'm safe to promote whatever the result, else it gets tricky)

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
The Rat Taqueria defeated Buzzkill's Rank-N-File Orc squad to reach 5-1-2 on the season in 2C. We are currently sitting in 2nd place with the top 4 teams all having played 8 matches and the point totals being 17, 16, 15, 13 and the team in fifth place has 13 points and two matches to go.

So I could end up just about anywhere in the top 6 spots depending on the final week. I know it is not the tier 1 it used to be, but I've still never gotten past tier 2 so I'll be trying my hardest next week. This week I had 510 in inducements and I should have similar next week.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
notafunhater (6 point darkies) play a bottom trawler game that means nothing against Antituros (0 point Skaven)

This makes me sad. Can't say much about my season though. 1-3-4 isn't much to write home about, but with all the losses I've taken it's been expected. I'll be favored in this last game and could tie Glokta for 8th with a win, but I'm getting demoted regardless.

If it wasn't for my heroics coachman would be tied with you guys at 16, but I played him to a draw this week.

Chubberson

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Chubberson
Country Flag
Nithon fought like a crazed rat till the end but we took a hard fought 2-1 to go 4-3-1 in 3rd place with Stu's orcs to come. Silfuin has to beat Ballz by 2-0 if I draw to steal 3rd. Would be nice to get oomies to T1, I'd be satisfied then. Going through the coaches in Tier one I'd say the quality is still there, tier two has dropped off a bit I think.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
If it wasn't for my heroics coachman would be tied with you guys at 16, but I played him to a draw this week.

That game means a lot to me. Much appreciated.

I hope your stint down below sees your team rebuild and reboot, as mine have done. (I was down to T3 for two seasons in a row, I think I even was saved by the bell from T4)

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
My chances of promotion are slimmest than ever.
Chubberson summed it up, but what he missed to say is that the guy I have to beat is first in div unbeaten with a killer chaos team.
It'll all depend on the early CASes, but chances are that he'll get more on that department than me.
We'll see.
However this OCC adventure has begun just to try something different than the elves I was used to which were frustrating me like hell, so I'd say that the experiment is already a success.

Last edited:

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
That game means a lot to me. Much appreciated.

I hope your stint down below sees your team rebuild and reboot, as mine have done. (I was down to T3 for two seasons in a row, I think I even was saved by the bell from T4)
Well, I mean I have all my positionals back for once, and even got my brand new witch a level in her first game, so there's that.

Nevermind that I only have 2 linos and 9 players total. We'll see how it goes I suppose. I've been "rebuilding" for like 6 seasons now. I also went to T3 and almost went undefeated, only to get stomped in tier 2 again.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Nevermind that I only have 2 linos and 9 players total. We'll see how it goes I suppose. I've been "rebuilding" for like 6 seasons now. I also went to T3 and almost went undefeated, only to get stomped in tier 2 again.

But this time you weren't stomped until tier 1. Clearly a step up? Stubborn wins. :p

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Don't forget that I am also sitting out so if Bill-BJJ fails to win or Palov loses 16 points will be enough for a bonus promotion. 1A is currently 16,16,15,14 with one of the 16's not going up.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
I don't think that's in the cards at all. The first teams to get a bonus promo are the 4 relegated from the Championship, and there won't be enough to go past there. Keep in mind that in contrast to the BC, in the OCC teams are promoted/relegated before taking into account those sitting out or rerolling. You don't move up a "rank" due to a reroller/sit out like you would in the BC, so you can't avoid a relegation because someone rerolled.

http://www.orca-cola.com/beta/index.php/topic/23642-division-seeding-process-explained/

Seeding order is basically:
1. Move teams up/down based on standings.
2. Remove rerollers and those sitting out.
3. Re-insert returning teams to the tier they belong to.
4. Bonus promotions (for tier 2 the order is: the 4 relegated from the championship, then #3-7, then those relegated from tier 1 and finally a double promo from t3).

Last edited:

Chubberson

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Chubberson
Country Flag
Looks to be three or four sitting out or RRing so far with Chora Cra coming in so there will be a few spots up. Warm the Dirty Players up Silf and get after the claw, don't follow up unless its necessary and good luck!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I don't think that's in the cards at all. The first teams to get a bonus promo are the 4 relegated from the Championship, and there won't be enough to go past there.

Meanwhile, those four are the ones sent from Championship to T2, and they only get dibs on bonus promotions to T1, so my chances for a Championship spot increased slightly.

Also, all the mentioned rules aside, one team got bonus promoted from fourth place T2 to a T1 spot last season (Pidpad), so it could happen again, just not super likely.

Chubberson

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Chubberson
Country Flag
My catcher hit lv6. Blodge, step sure feet, sprint and diving catch. The Rand pass to Mat now officially fails only 5% of the time, some people would argue bloat but he's such a good foil to Rodel, Bayle and Faile. If I could just level a rookie to pomber in a game in the event of a promo. Did anyone see Bobsol play Jjtape? Mental game, love how Bob plays rats.