BC2 Season 2 MD6 Results Thread

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
And since it seems we need a results thread for this day as well I'll kick it off by saying Number Nine beat Villains of Fantasy 3-1

First half was all for the Fantasy as Nine couldn't get anywhere with their defence, but somehow they managed to scare Fantasy into scoring before turn eight, and thanks to the inclement weather (sweltering heat) setting four Fantasy on the sideline Nine managed to score as well (in turn seven, worried about the wizard)
Turn eight saw the fouling into dead a Nine player that the apothecary fixed up, and a hurt Fantasy player in a retaliatory blitz (a concussion on the guard blitzer that the apothecary could only fix halfway)

Second half it was Nine who had four players resting due to heat or KO:s, but thanks to a couple of lucky punches and a rather lousy Fantasy wizard, Nine managed to hoof it into the endzone with only two reroll-less GFI:s (ok, well, there was a reroll before those two GFI:s, but it got eaten by the first attempt at the first GFI)

Last drive saw Fantasy without their runner, and misplacing their rookie lino ballcarrier before realizing it and having to make a too difficult pass to fix that error, so 3-1, with their witch smashing her own hip on a GFI-dodge after having made a vengeance-blitz on the AV7 lino.

Rough ending on a hard game for Zungado, while Nine now look set to promote into a division that hopefully has fewer innocent rookie victims.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Best at Being Bad (Orielensis) 2 - Good Kappa Studio (Hamboy) 0

An utter nuffling for @Hamboy_Jaenei in a game that saw 3 deaths.

I chose to kick and started removing high elves from the off, without any mighty blow needed. This left Hamboy in a really difficult position where he first moved backwards to protect the ball, then had to shoot forwards in an ambitious attack, now down to 7 on the pitch. I powed the ball carrier, but he got a final chance due to an unwanted catch of the loose ball by the rookie lino providing the assist. The extra apo he got with part of his inducements had already failed, rolling dead into dead for a rookie catcher. Now his wizard failed to down any of the 3 players targeted.

My ball carrier went down but just too many rolls needed for him to score, causing a t/o and leaving two players exposed to surfs, which they duly were. I moved the ball upfield for a turn 8 defensive TD. In the meantime I killed a block lino and he killed a rookie lino of mine (actually -agi).

The start of the second half matched the first, with a series of kos rapidly putting Hamboy back down to 5 players. I think he finished the turn I scored with 3.

That left the high elves two turns for a consolation score, but the blitzer needing the TD to level fumbled the catch which was the final roll needed.

gg Hamboy, a truly unfortunate match for you which was all about almighty Nuffle.

Zungado

Star Player
Steam Username
Zungado
Cyanide Username
Zungado
Country Flag
My Witch-Elf did roll doubles on her level up, so she's Strength 4 but Move 6. Was thinking of replacing her since I nearly have enough for another witch, but with that Strength 4 I might keep her and get the second Witch any way. So, there's that at least :p

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
HRE have nuffle to thank after a 3-1 win vs Evil Enthralling Elves.

Neither of the stat freaks died in this match, though mine was KO'd for a time.

Thanks for the game Notorious Noob, hope your luck improves.

notorious noob

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
HRE have nuffle to thank after a 3-1 win vs Evil Enthralling Elves.

Neither of the stat freaks died in this match, though mine was KO'd for a time.

Thanks for the game Notorious Noob, hope your luck improves.

Sometimes there simply isnt much you can do during a game of blood bowl. And nuffle is just messing with this team ^^

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Well, just to repeat, @notorious noob previous game was also quite unlucky.

A great player, and it does happen. But he does still have a Str 5 elf! :D

Last edited:

SlickMongoose

Star Player
Cyanide Username
SlickMongoose
Country Flag
Drew 2-2 against @jrpeart 's Lizards. A horrible first half ended with a lucky riot and going in 1-1 at half time. Several players down I scored quickly in the 2nd half and he levelled it up fairly easily.

coldy

Star Player
Cyanide Username
coldy
Country Flag
Kislev / Old Town (@coldy ) - Drakworld Beasts (@Hudd ) : 1-1 Draw
Result is uploaded to statsgrabber.

thanks Hudd for the games. it was a nice one with ups and downs.
wish you good luck for the next games ...

Hudd

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Kislev / Old Town (@coldy ) - Drakworld Beasts (@Hudd ) : 1-1 Draw
Result is uploaded to statsgrabber.

thanks Hudd for the games. it was a nice one with ups and downs.
wish you good luck for the next games ...

It was a great game, especially the last drive where I repeatedly got lucky knocking the ball free, only for you pick it up and carry on as if nothing had happened!

Wait till I get claw ;)

Good luck for rest of the season.

CareemSoda

Star Player
Cyanide Username
CareemSoda
Country Flag
2 - 0 for The Academy Smorgasbord vs We Are That Good. An unlucky kickoff scatter, followed by an absurd amount of attacker downs on the first turn allowed us to steal the ball on our kicking half, and stall out until turn 8 before scoring and getting the ball back. A large amount of knockouts saw the elves unable to attack and force a quick score and were left down by 2. GG to @CarlSpackler

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
1:1 Emojis vs @doohickey's Orcs.
Despite all the stabbing and blocking, no orc was permanently injured or died. Same was the elves: orcs had broken through the armor and fouled enough time for half the season, but natural elven resilience helped them in this game.
Good fans also threw a rock into MB blitzed and he spent the game unconscious, which also helped the elven vitality.

GG, @doohickey!

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
The Knights pulled of a sneaky 1 0 victory by cleverly having better dice. I managed to outbash Crams Chaos as they pretty consistently managed to only push my peasants. Some good positioning prevented my attempt at the defensive TD but being down on players is never good for Chaos.

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Khornight (also my steam name and most other things)
Country Flag
Woohoo... Welease Woger Win!

Actually that's not true, but the aliteration was too good. I got my first not-loss!

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
R.W.B.Y 1 - 0 Flying Cockatrice

In Nuln today. A lot closer game than I thought it was going to be considering I had a 700k TV advantage with RWBY. Hafling master chef stole 2 of my 3 RRs each half and his Fireball did some serious work in the first half when I had stolen the ball. 2 Failed GFI's cost me a score on turn 8 when I'd managed to recover a stolen ball. Despite surfing 2 of his key players I couldn't get any injuries to stick.

So the second half we were both at 11 players and any armor breaks were resulting in stuns on both sides of the ball. I had to make an iffy play and score early on T14. I got a Blitz which shut down the Cockatrices chance to score, and I fialed to score myself. Well played @Jacob Kosman .

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
The Not So Superheroes win 3-0 over Game-of-Thorns.

As usual, when a Blitz happened on the kickoff, it basically determined the outcome of the game. I get that randomness is part of the game, but to me the Blitz kickoff event is much stronger than any other single roll in the game. I wish they would tone down Blitz a bit.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
The Not So Superheroes win 3-0 over Game-of-Thorns.

As usual, when a Blitz happened on the kickoff, it basically determined the outcome of the game. I get that randomness is part of the game, but to me the Blitz kickoff event is much stronger than any other single roll in the game. I wish they would tone down Blitz a bit.

If you place your team as if you expected a Blitz for sure, Blitz is much less determinant. It basically only leaves 1 free blitz action to your opponent. Riot with a large FAME difference is much worse.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
If you place your team as if you expected a Blitz for sure, Blitz is much less determinant. It basically only leaves 1 free blitz action to your opponent. Riot with a large FAME difference is much worse.
I always set up to deter a Blitz, but it's simply not possible to prevent an advantageous Blitz because you don't know where the ball is going to land. Especially if you have fewer than 11 players when you receive.

TwoScoops

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
MSG Musculo
Cyanide Username
TwoScoops
Country Flag
I always set up to deter a Blitz, but it's simply not possible to prevent an advantageous Blitz because you don't know where the ball is going to land. Especially if you have fewer than 11 players when you receive.
Or if you have to try and score with a quickness (and have fewer pieces on the field than your opponent does)

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
Generally though, you can setup in a way whereby Blitz will be less detrimental to you than it would be otherwise :p

e.g. If you only have your ball handler back, a blitz can be hugely detrimental, particularly if your opponent is faster than you. But even having just 1x additional player back makes it significantly easier to get a blitz in on your opponent, or at the very least forces them to make additional GFIs in order to mark him. Players who regularly stack one side on their offensive drives, are just asking for trouble if their opponent gets a blitz.

Likewise, when setting up on defence, you can setup in a way which will make a blitz more useful for you, or less useful. I always setup my defence in the hope that I'll get a blitz, but so many players that I go up against just leave their flanks completely open (So even if they got a blitz, unless the ball was kicked just a few spaces from the line of scrimmage, they likely couldn't retrieve it).

But yeah, it's simply a risk, if you setup to defend against a blitz, it's usually not as effective offensively if they don't get a blitz. So it's about managing risk, just like everything in BB2. Things like riot though are just crazy, there is pretty much nothing you can do to reduce the impact of having half a dozen players stunned, regardless of whether you're on offence or defence, and throw a rock is often just cruel (Particularly as I heard that apparently apoc is bugged on throw a rock? Or so I was told by someone when a rock gave my troll a career ending injury).