Cyanide Blood Bowl 2 Bretonnian Skills

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Khornight (also my steam name and most other things)
Country Flag
Skill advice needed for a double on a strip ball yeoman?

Was orginally thinking dodge, for getting the strip ball places (and avoiding getting knocked down)... but now think jump up, the extra movement is invaluble as is the ability to block the person who just blocked you! If I want to dodge I still can, just might have to use a team reroll... whereas jump up gives me options I wouldn't otherwise have.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Skill advice needed for a double on a strip ball yeoman?

Was orginally thinking dodge, for getting the strip ball places (and avoiding getting knocked down)... but now think jump up, the extra movement is invaluble as is the ability to block the person who just blocked you! If I want to dodge I still can, just might have to use a team reroll... whereas jump up gives me options I wouldn't otherwise have.

For me dodge, extra survivability over all. And with it you can try skavens' 6+ with reroll sacking into cages!

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Dodge all the way for a strip baller, they need mobility to get to the target, re rolls cost 70k for these gents, and on critical blitzes you want the re roll to be available for the GFI's to reach the target or the hit itself. With the blitzers taking dodge, you want as much dodge as possible as it gets better the more you have.

Jumpup is better for a player you plan to give piling on to

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
If you are going for an out and out Stripper and are happy to build for the long term then dodge is good. However if you want a short term stripper then tackle is probably better. As an Ag3 team you will not be able to get the ball most of the time after a strip in a cage. So your stripper will most usefully used preventing dashes down the pitch where it will probably be a couple of players on each side. Knocking the ballcarrier down in this situation is more useful than possibly dodging into a cage on a 6 when you will find it hard to get the afterwards.

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
If you are going for an out and out Stripper and are happy to build for the long term then dodge is good. However if you want a short term stripper then tackle is probably better. As an Ag3 team you will not be able to get the ball most of the time after a strip in a cage. So your stripper will most usefully used preventing dashes down the pitch where it will probably be a couple of players on each side. Knocking the ballcarrier down in this situation is more useful than possibly dodging into a cage on a 6 when you will find it hard to get the afterwards.

Bretts are actually one of the best sides for retrieving a loose ball from a cage, having 4 catch players really increases the likelihood of getting that bouncing ball.

Of course more tackle is always nice. And it will make this player a great weapon vs lizards who cannot take block and sure hands on skinks.

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag

Best odds of getting in that cage would be an Ag increase then leap, on a wrackle stripper but thats a tall order. I've found brets to be a really interesting team, they are great at creating space and are fairly strong defensively though they are more about zone control opposed to in your face marking, which will get you killed. Dauntless against Strength teams is great especially where the side has only a couple of high strength players but against Orcs, Chaos, Nurgle, Khemri and too a lesser extent Lizards (Ogres and Vampires play styles don't lend to control via direct strength advantages) Dauntless becomes situational and far more difficult to utilise effectively I'd wager especially as Tv gets higher. Dauntless is one of those skills that's great to have 2-3 of but any more and its becomes redundant Tv IMO.

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Country Flag
Funnily enough I just rolled plus ag on one of my yoeman! (different team) :)

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Country Flag
Ok talking of good rolls... 6+6, second level on a peasant kicker? Previously he's been off the pitch when not kicking... but is +st too good to turn down? Or do I get more guard?

It's in a relatively not try hard league, already got a couple of guarders lots of mightyblow, strength will make him a target... i think I'll go for it and accept it when he get killed. But am I missing anything?

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
He'll be a useful player with Block, STR4, and kick. But how will the team play with him on the pitch? Do you now have another player you have to protect instead of another meat shield? It feels like a long time between +STR and block unless you really feed him touchdowns. I would like it a little better if he could have rolled +STR on his first level up. You will want him on the pitch for his strength, but he's likely to get targeted unless you protect him.

It could turn out well, but he also might end up on the sidelines a lot and suddenly hes 50K more and not even producing with his kick skill...

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
Strength might make him a target but it also means they have to send more resources to hurt him. I'd take the strength and pray he survives long enough to get block. Most killers are St3 so they're going to need 2 assists minimum, which means he's trying up 3 players that turn. I wouldn't bother to protect him until he hits lvl4.

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Ok talking of good rolls... 6+6, second level on a peasant kicker? Previously he's been off the pitch when not kicking... but is +st too good to turn down? Or do I get more guard?

It's in a relatively not try hard league, already got a couple of guarders lots of mightyblow, strength will make him a target... i think I'll go for it and accept it when he get killed. But am I missing anything?

I trialed a strength 4 peasant and he was useless tv bloat. Too easy to take out and not a reliable hitter. Took dodge on the next peasant to roll a 12. Much much better option and cheaper!

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Update on my teams. As i suspected adding the extra blizter pushed me up in tv a bit too much to be effective.

I lost 2 and drew 1 after adding him in. Looks like you really want to keep tv down as much as possible and avoid a level where tackle and mb become too prevalent.

I think i also hit the wall due to 0 double or stat rolls during development and of course some bad luck.

I rerolled my col team to try a different 3 blitzer build.

My private league team lost its last match to finish 3rd on the ladder with 2-2-1 record. To be honest though both the draws were very unlucky matches. I will roll this team around for another season.

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Country Flag
I trialed a strength 4 peasant and he was useless tv bloat. Too easy to take out and not a reliable hitter. Took dodge on the next peasant to roll a 12. Much much better option and cheaper!
But but... +st?

Sigh, I think you are right, I just needed someone to say it.

Ooh, how does fend and sidestep combine... hmmm, that's interesting and might actually be useful!

Changed my mind while selecting and went for guard, because tackle verses dodge, but nothing agaisnt guard... except more guard!

Last edited:

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
But but... +st?

Sigh, I think you are right, I just needed someone to say it.

Ooh, how does fend and sidestep combine... hmmm, that's interesting and might actually be useful!

Changed my mind while selecting and went for guard, because tackle verses dodge, but nothing agaisnt guard... except more guard!

Always a decent choice.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
I think everyone can find this educational:

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
I imagine a 7548 blodger can be a big help to any team!

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Right, the tale of my 2 Bretonnian teams have come to an end.
Both were undefeated through the regular (5-game) season.
My rookies faced off against Chaos, while my developed team were facing guard and stand firm heavy necros.

Against the necros the perfect season came to a perfectly disasterous ending.
I had a very hard time with all that guard and stand firm. On top of that my opponents first 7 injury rolls were KO or worse, so my team disappeared rather quickly.
During the necros first offense I managed to get him into a somewhat sticky situation, but he managed the rolls and scored. That gave me 5 turns of my own, and that's where the Wheels came off.
With no KO recoveries at halftime I had just 8 players. A spectacular Picth Invasion allowed me to claw my way to the endzone and score the equalizer and field 11 players for the final drive. Still, the final necro drive or the turn 16 score felt unstoppable with several key players in the cas-box.
Ouch.

My rookies facing Chaos also had a rough ride.
Just like in the necro game, I managed to put a lot of pressure on my opponent, but he too made his rolls and broke through. Trying to come back I snaked the frst roll of next turn, allowing my opponent to set up his long stall, scoring at the halftime whistle.
Second half started with a Blitz! and everything seemed lost. However, just when everything crumbled I had a very good turn, which let me both break through the Chaos line and set up a decent screen. I even stalled off a turn before scoring.
My opponent then had 4-5 turns to score the Winner, but I rolled up a blitz of my own. I went straight for the ball but failed the GFI, so my opponent scooped up the ball and made it to midfield. Here a time consuming melee ensued, and the time ran out. Overtime!

We use special overtime rules: Offense sets up first, and if they don't score in 5, then the defense wins.
My opponent, intimidated by all that Fend (!!!) decided to play defense.
Advancing was very hard for my Brets, but I did manage to put up 2 scoring threats. My opponent removed one and contained the other, and as that other one went Down on a bad blitz next turn all seemed lost.
However - one knight wasn't having it!
Facing a line of opponents, he caught the ball, blitzed through the line with first frenzy and then a Dodge, burning the last reroll on 2 GFIs. The lone blitzer was completely exposed, but he had managed to get just far enough away for the Chaos team to need a GFI in order to blitz him.
One snaked GFI later, the Bret blitzer walked in the overtime Winner.

Cheers
Martin

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Thanks,
It's from my tournament organizing days, when day 2 was always a cup, and overtime could bog down the entire tournament.
I've used for many years now, and it ensures that overtime isn't just decided by the coin flip :)

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Country Flag
Right, the tale of my 2 Bretonnian teams have come to an end.
Both were undefeated through the regular (5-game) season.
My rookies faced off against Chaos, while my developed team were facing guard and stand firm heavy necros.

Against the necros the perfect season came to a perfectly disasterous ending.
I had a very hard time with all that guard and stand firm. On top of that my opponents first 7 injury rolls were KO or worse, so my team disappeared rather quickly.
During the necros first offense I managed to get him into a somewhat sticky situation, but he managed the rolls and scored. That gave me 5 turns of my own, and that's where the Wheels came off.
With no KO recoveries at halftime I had just 8 players. A spectacular Picth Invasion allowed me to claw my way to the endzone and score the equalizer and field 11 players for the final drive. Still, the final necro drive or the turn 16 score felt unstoppable with several key players in the cas-box.
Ouch.

My rookies facing Chaos also had a rough ride.
Just like in the necro game, I managed to put a lot of pressure on my opponent, but he too made his rolls and broke through. Trying to come back I snaked the frst roll of next turn, allowing my opponent to set up his long stall, scoring at the halftime whistle.
Second half started with a Blitz! and everything seemed lost. However, just when everything crumbled I had a very good turn, which let me both break through the Chaos line and set up a decent screen. I even stalled off a turn before scoring.
My opponent then had 4-5 turns to score the Winner, but I rolled up a blitz of my own. I went straight for the ball but failed the GFI, so my opponent scooped up the ball and made it to midfield. Here a time consuming melee ensued, and the time ran out. Overtime!

We use special overtime rules: Offense sets up first, and if they don't score in 5, then the defense wins.
My opponent, intimidated by all that Fend (!!!) decided to play defense.
Advancing was very hard for my Brets, but I did manage to put up 2 scoring threats. My opponent removed one and contained the other, and as that other one went Down on a bad blitz next turn all seemed lost.
However - one knight wasn't having it!
Facing a line of opponents, he caught the ball, blitzed through the line with first frenzy and then a Dodge, burning the last reroll on 2 GFIs. The lone blitzer was completely exposed, but he had managed to get just far enough away for the Chaos team to need a GFI in order to blitz him.
One snaked GFI later, the Bret blitzer walked in the overtime Winner.

Cheers
Martin
An end for this season? Not going to carry on for another season? If you did, would you adopt the agility access?