Cyanide Blood Bowl 2 Bretonnian Skills

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks,
It's from my tournament organizing days, when day 2 was always a cup, and overtime could bog down the entire tournament.
I've used for many years now, and it ensures that overtime isn't just decided by the coin flip :)
Yeah, coinflip is terrible. What I hate is that if you lose the toss for overtime and defend well for 8 turns, you still lose. Awarding the win to the team that kicked in overtime if there's no TD would be the least needed; I rather like the 5 turns too.
My TT league has the rule that overtime consists of two 4-turn halves (no golden goal), which are repeated ad infinitum until there is a TD difference. I like yours better.

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Hi Khornight,
yup - our season 7 has ended.... And season 8 has kicked off.
My developed Brets are taking a rest, but I just can't retire a season winning team, so my "rookie" Brets are in season 8.
We've converted to agi access, and all Bret teams have been allowed to swap skills retroactively, so my team is now:
4 Blitzers: (Dodge, Dodge, Dodge+Sure Hands, Dodge+Leader)
4 Yeomen: No skills
5 Linemen: 1 DP, 3 w. Block
2 RR, FF6

Cheers
Martin

PS - first game is against Nurgle. I'm up 2-0 at halftime. Had a chance to stall, but decided to score early because my opponent had already burned his rerolls. It paid off when he double skulled on the LOS.

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
@The Sage:
I've tried the 2x4 turns solution.
Like I said, I used to organize a lot of open tournaments in Copenhagen. 16 in a 6 year span. The "Ad infinitum" bit didn't work for weekend tournaments . On the other hand we really didn't want it to end with an anti-climatic penalty shoot out - and so "defense wins after turn 5" was born :)

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Right. First game of the new season. A 3-0 win over Nurgle, bringing the team to 7 wins and a total score of 17-1.
Quick recap:
Brets scored quickly, thereby getting rid of the opposing chainsaw.
Having already spent all their rerolls, Nurgle promptly double skulled on the LOS, and the Brets managed to score again.
In the 2nd half the Nurgle offense looked better, but a blown GFI opened up the Cage to a yeoman, and after a short scrum and a turnover from the Nurgle team, the Brets managed to escape with the ball for the 3rd and final TD.
Nurgle rolled quite horribly throughout.

Got Guard on a Yeoman. Nothing else.
Cheers
Martin

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Khornight (also my steam name and most other things)
Country Flag
We've converted to agi access, and all Bret teams have been allowed to swap skills retroactively
oo, I wish I could do this with my knights in cyanide. It's not so much all the normal choices, as much as all the doubles I used for dodge, which I now wish were mb and guard.

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Interestingly, our other Bret team is not doing particularly well.
When offered to swap skills he declined, stating that A-skills weren't useful until later on.
I strongly disagree. Blodge rules low-TV BB. IMO.

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Country Flag
Interestingly, our other Bret team is not doing particularly well.
When offered to swap skills he declined, stating that A-skills weren't useful until later on.
I strongly disagree. Blodge rules low-TV BB. IMO.
Totally agree, that's why all my doubles were dodge, I didn't think agility access would improve them that much, but having blodge on first normal on 4 players is what make dark elves so good.

MalicWanderer

Star Player
Steam Username
MalicWanderer
Cyanide Username
MalicWanderer
Country Flag
oo, I wish I could do this with my knights in cyanide. It's not so much all the normal choices, as much as all the doubles I used for dodge, which I now wish were mb and guard.
Yeah, my original Bret team seems a bit weird now, if you don't realize none of their skills were taken with normal A access. The only non-A double they have is Strong Arm on the +AG knight. :)

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Country Flag
Yeah, my original Bret team seems a bit weird now, if you don't realize none of their skills were taken with normal A access. The only non-A double they have is Strong Arm on the +AG knight. :)
My bret team in the munch had 3 doubles on Knights and no other special rolls... All took dodge.

Luckily the most bloaty lvl5 one got killed in the first game of this season.

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Super Star Player
Country Flag
The only 2 skillups I ever had on a bret blitzer were mighty blow and piling on, so I don't really have that whole "wasted a doubles and now it's normals" problem. But I can get jump up! Still waiting on my leader, though.

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Quick team update,
I did manage to win the september game against Nurgle: 3-0.

Next opponents was Ogres. NTBB ogres mind you, meaning a 100 TV discount, and 6136 snots.
I managed to win 2-0, but in reality it was a close and hard fought game. My opponent snaked quite a bit, but on the other hand his ogres hardly ever failed bonehead, and I couldn't get those pesky snots off the pitch. I went to 1-0 in "my" half, prevented his 2-turn-score, and then we fought for the ball for 6 turns, before I managed to get it away from the Ogres. Scored my 2nd TD on turn 16, requiring a lot of rolls.
Phew!

Now 2 of my yeomen have guard, and my first blitzer has reached blodgestep.
I'll probably have to give a yeoman tackle eventually. Previously Tackle went on the blitzers, but now they have better thinsg to focus on.

Cheers
Martin

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Noblesse Oblige is still hanging in there. One 2-0 win against (NTBB) ogres, then a 1-0 win against (NTBB) undead. Next up gobbos. Then a rematch against my undefeated finals opponent from season 1, and only if I beat him again this season, will I progress to the season 2 finals.

Considering just how narrowly I beat him the ladt time, I doubt that I will be able yo do it again. But we'll see. Incredibly, he is the only opponent to have scored on my Brets. My current score is 20-1 (9 wins).

Wish me luck :)
PS - short match reports to come.

Cheers
Martin

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
All I can say is I hope the gobbos win you're next match. Certainly not for any bias of me liking the gobbo race or anything...

Impressive record you have there though.

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
HeHe - I love gobbos too. In my first serious 3rd ed. season I played gobbos for 80 matches straight. They'll always be close to my heart, (I still want to beat them though).
Cheers
Martin

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Yay me. I managed the 10 game win streak. Final score 22-1.
It was a close game against the (NTBB) Gobbos, until the Fanatic failed a GFI in the middle of the half, putting him in KO and allowing me to steal the ball. Final score 2-0, with 7 gobbos sent off.

My list of opponents has been:
Season 1 (GP Blitzers): Dark Elf, Gobbo, Khorne, Wood Elf, Pact, Chaos
Season 2 (GAP Blitzers): Undead, Ogres, Gobbo, Nurgle
All in all below average teams, but with this being an NTBB League, things are a tad less clear cut.

Either way, for my final game of the regular season I'll be facing the same Chaos team that I robbed in the finals of season 1 (the only team to have scored against Noblesse Oblige) - and I don't expect to repeat that feat!
Either way the end is near for Noblesse Oblige.
...Hmmm..... Maybe gobbos next :D

Merry Christmas all
Martin

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Help, fellow Bretonnians!
Noblesse Oblige is in the final crucial turns of the play by email season.
If I manage to tie against my arch rivals - a Chaos team, then I will narrowly overtake them in the League standings and valiantly proceed to the season finals. Currently I'm trailing 0-1 with 2 turns to go (my half).

I have a very decent shot at a TD on my turn 7.
If I take it and succeed, then that leaves my (World class, seriously) opponent 2 turns to score and win.
He has a full team, just 1 reroll left, but an AG+ beastman.

Alternatively, I have what ammounts to a 55% chance to stall and score and my turn 8, most likely winning the game.

So, what do you think is the better chance here? Prevent his 2-turn offense or take the stalling "coin flip"?
And If I do try to score, then what defense would you recommend against a 2-turn Chaos offense?

Cheers
Martin

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Without your opponent having a reroll its a no brainer. You score.

With the reroll its a bit more tricky because they have at least a 50% chance of scoring.

Normally in this situation i just score and try to defend. You may get a blitz and be able to ice the game right now.

plasmoid

Veteran
Country Flag
Well, I scored.
And this being pbem, I checked my dice afterwards, and would have managed my stalling play - which would have left me just a 3+ with reroll on turn 8 to win.

But now I've picked my poison, and it's a 2 turn defense to secure the tie.
Any recommendations as to set-up?
Mid-field 7 man line or Classic ziggurat and hope for some poor Blocks?
Cheers
Martin