That mandatory "Share Your Art" -thread

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I was puzzled to not find this kind of thread with couple of search words.

Do we have people making art here? Would be great to see what stuff you guys have!

Here's the inciting incident, one art of my making.

2lVumrG.png

kOFgJWH.png

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Nice, I like it!

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Cool. For some reason art like this has not been a feature of these forums since I've been here. There's been terrific writing and mini painting but nothing like this.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Cool. For some reason art like this has not been a feature of these forums since I've been here. There's been terrific writing and mini painting but nothing like this.

I think people should share that stuff here. Painting minis is fun and also challenging. Those who master it make some insane models, would be great to see. Old friend of mine paints every day, and Ive only seen his work.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
There are a few painting threads, I have been so busy with work the last couple of years that it is only on rare occasions that I paint and then only speed painting. Did manage to paint an Ogre team in the spring. Look for my feeble attempts thread.

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
Very cool stuff!
Actually you know, with this talent, you could design some trophies!

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Thank you all. :) I hope one day I am skillful enough to do concept art as commissions, would help me great deal with student life. Just have to keep practicing.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
For easier art with your blood bowl stuff, I did a following routine.

1. Go into replay, take screenshots and find a fitting of something you want to do.
2. Take the screenshot, and first balance out stuff like brightness and contrast. Feel free to some special effects if you like.
3. Paint on top of the image. I decided I would simply use 5minutes on this.

Comparison from tweaked screenshot to painted one. I decided to make shadows on the background that would be formed from stadium structures, also added fast yellow gloom from the sun. Added reflections (look closely thrower's backpack thingy and the pipes of his ballgun. Painted fur -like texture on hand, added white rim lighting to his helmet.

Finally darkened the bottom edge of the image and made fast decorative grass. Done. It isn't beautiful illustration level, but really helps it to pop up and makes the image more dynamic from the vanilla flatness.

EvBborq.png

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Another illustration that I did last weekend.
NqIUr4S.png

Very nice one. But since there's one thing that irks me I have to ask; is the guy in chains supposed to be flying? Else the chains should probably be straighter. (And if he's dead his right leg should also hang more like the left one)

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Very nice one. But since there's one thing that irks me I have to ask; is the guy in chains supposed to be flying? Else the chains should probably be straighter. (And if he's dead his right leg should also hang more like the left one)

Maybe the other guys took offence to his unnaturally short devil leg and hung him, with magical chains? Damn critics;).

On a serious note thanks for posting these Ilgoth, they're great.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Yeah hanging dead was the objective, but I agree the leg didn't come out great. I don't know why I changed it, they were pretty identical at start. :confused: Also the chains could be better, I tried to make it look like that chain on left is attached to a branch behind the big branch.

At some point I'm gonna color this one, see how that comes out.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I tried to make it look like that chain on left is attached to a branch behind the big branch.

That part is doing ok, the fastening is good enough to blend in. But take a piece of string and hang a pen over it, then look at how the string behaves with a weight on it. The chains are acting as if nothing is hanging from them. (And then there's that odd link second from the bottom on the left chain).

If there was weight on the chains, they should have straightened out from it, is what I'm thinking.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Thought I would share something from my work side.

I recently created this map for an upcoming novel, written by K.M. Shea. The style is bit interesting, I came up with it for the first map commission I did and for some reason new clients always refer to it, asking for similiar style. It isn't a standard thing to shadow the neighbouring lands, but guess it is something authors like. :)

MVFlAPJ.jpg

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Nice. Reminds me some of the maps in the Lone Wolf gamebooks. And shading does bring out the country in question, so is a nice touch.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Can't share you guys any drawings or maps at the moment, but I show a miniature I recently finished.

Trollblood warbeast, bouncer.

C1mKSF8.jpg

And the base alone.
lwdDL2O.jpg

H0xWedI.jpg

I didn't have proper items to make the water actual liquid, so I had to carve the waves by hand and then do my best painting the water. :) Tried to convey a northern rocky grassland, or something... :rolleyes: