DuCTA III Results

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
When you have played your match please post the result here.
Don't forget to say if you won by scoring or wiping out the opponent.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
My Subterranean Nasties beat mamutas's Z.Z.Z.Tops by scoring a TD, 1-0.
I forgot how quickly 2 minutes passes!

Within the first few exchanges the Z.Z.Z.Tops were dealt a shitty blow when one of their Ulfs rolled two lots of :bothdown::skull: when hitting my bombardier, they both went down but the Ulf died. :(
We eventually found the ball and were able to pick it up next turn with a gutter runner.
He got near the EZ but was KO'd by a human blitz leaving the ball in two Z.Z.Z.Tops's TZs.

Next turn we tried two 1d blocks to push away one of the TZs and free a less-dodgy path for another GR to get to the ball.
Both blocks came up :pow: leaving the GR with a 2+ 3+ 2+ to score, which he managed.

Thanks for the game mamutas, shame about the Ulf.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
More gutter runner bullshit won the game for my Dambusters heroes over Tys's Tiny Twins. We split the dungeon in half early and I was lucky to get the ball on my side, but there was not path to the ez so we needed several turns of jockeying for position. I don't think I failed a d6 all game hardly though and in the end of of my gutters made a dash for the endzone with only black orcs able to get near him for the blitz, they snake eyed a gfi though so it was straight through. Quite a thorough nuffling. GG Tys.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
My Subterranean Nasties beat mamutas's Z.Z.Z.Tops by scoring a TD, 1-0.
I forgot how quickly 2 minutes passes!

Within the first few exchanges the Z.Z.Z.Tops were dealt a shitty blow when one of their Ulfs rolled two lots of :bothdown::skull: when hitting my bombardier, they both went down but the Ulf died. :(
We eventually found the ball and were able to pick it up next turn with a gutter runner.
He got near the EZ but was KO'd by a human blitz leaving the ball in two Z.Z.Z.Tops's TZs.

Next turn we tried two 1d blocks to push away one of the TZs and free a less-dodgy path for another GR to get to the ball.
Both blocks came up :pow: leaving the GR with a 2+ 3+ 2+ to score, which he managed.

Thanks for the game mamutas, shame about the Ulf.
Yeah, it was a hard blow loosing the Ulf. Especially as I understand I am not getting any money when I loose (or if I did get any it was so small I did not even notice). I am sitting with 30K now, which I can get anything with for next game.

GG @Ging.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Yeah, it was a hard blow loosing the Ulf. Especially as I understand I am not getting any money when I loose (or if I did get any it was so small I did not even notice). I am sitting with 30K now, which I can get anything with for next game.

GG @Ging.

IIRC it's just like in standard BB, only no fans so loser always gets d6 and draw/winner d6+1 (with option to reroll for a winner)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Pride Parade lost in two and a half turns against Netsmurfs team.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Confirmed, that was a bit weird. I found the ball on turn 2, forgot to pick it up:p. Managed to 1 dice it from Dreamys catcher and then survive 6 block dice with the WD - next up a leap and a dodge for the win. I hardly had my cola opend:confused:

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Another short game in week 2 as Ging won the battle of the Amethyst teams. He found the ball in the first chest but unluckily failed to pick up wiht his gutter. The the ball was bounced off the pitch and thrown back in next to my ez. After that we both made some mistakes, I thought I had the ball, but then I rolled 4 1s in a row and he was able to just walk it in. Such a crazy game, gg Ging.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Another short game in week 2 as Ging won the battle of the Amethyst teams. He found the ball in the first chest but unluckily failed to pick up wiht his gutter. The the ball was bounced off the pitch and thrown back in next to my ez. After that we both made some mistakes, I thought I had the ball, but then I rolled 4 1s in a row and he was able to just walk it in. Such a crazy game, gg Ging.
Yeah, it was short and crazy.
Thanks for the game TS. "Go Amethyst!!" :D

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
We managed to lose to TYS with a nice snake eye to dodge away with the ball and risk a teleport, battle followed and a WD lost some armor and a Bull lost some strenght:eek:

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Tiny Twins manage there 1st won against smurf but it was both lucky and painful.

The twins again went 2nd and their opponent recovered the ball.
However this time the dancer snake eyed a dodge so I was able to recover with one of the twins.
I then surfed a dancer before the 2nd got a -AV on a failed leap.
Smurfs flings then charged into the screen to hit my ballcarrier and one of them got a pow ( that's the problem when your main ballcarrier is ST1 ).
I was able to recover with a orc blitzer and the score was looking certain.
However on smurf's final turn he tried a 1D block on a bull , got a both down and gave said bull a -ST :(
I then walked in the TD.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Back and forth game between Dam Busters which the underworld alliance won with Nuffle's blessing. We found the ball first but our advance through the centre stalled after a troll failed a precarious position roll. We tried going left instead but got a time turnover before we could protect the ball. Nick managed to capitalize and secured the ball with a trio of players including 2 wardancers. However things turned in my favour after that and we started winning the brawl near my endzone. In the end the saw did its job on the wardancer ball carrier and my gutter collected. We were both down quite a few players at this point. The gutter survived 3 dice and carried the ball over the centre bridge, Nik countered with his war dancers and the ball ended up on the floor.

At that point the game was over an hour old and my wife called to say one of the kids was sick and she need help RIGHT NOW. So I gambled on a crazy winning play. 2+ (dodge) 2+ pickup 3+ catch 3+ (dodge) 2d blitz 3+ (dodge) 2+ |(dodge) 2+ ftw all without a rr. Would probably have haf to concede if that failed. Thanks Nuffle. And sorry Nick for going kind of AWOL at the end there, rl came knocking.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
At that point the game was over an hour old and my wife called to say one of the kids was sick and she need help RIGHT NOW. So I gambled on a crazy winning play. 2+ (dodge) 2+ pickup 3+ catch 3+ (dodge) 2d blitz 3+ (dodge) 2+ |(dodge) 2+ ftw all without a rr. Would probably have haf to concede if that failed. Thanks Nuffle. And sorry Nick for going kind of AWOL at the end there, rl came knocking.

Yea, 1½ hours is a fairly long game for DB. Well, fewer rerolls is apparently the way to go if there's another round.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
MD3 vs @tys123

Quite a long game, about 1¼ hours. That "Mice" dungeon has lots of choke points.

tys found the ball in the second-to-last chest but then we got to a bit of a stalemate for a while.
My bomber tried his best to lob bombs over the pit at them, successfully at first but then he failed and removed himself.

Slowly tys's team was getting in a better position, but then the tactical opening of the final chest knocked down players from each team and gave my gutters a 1d blitz on the ball carrier.
I almost fluffed it with a mis-click, burning an unnecessary RR in the process but the block dice came up trumps with a knockdown. Plus the GR then followed up, caught the ball and dodged away.
He survived a blitz the following turn, and then we got lucky with the use of a teleport and he appeared right their EZ and we ran in the TD on the next turn.

Thanks for the game tys.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
MD3 against Mamutas, We started in horrible ways, failing 4 x 2+ dodges and after opening 5 chests it was clear that the ball was in Mamutas end of the dungeon. He got it and passed it to his thrower and ran up the middle of the map and then all hell broke lose as the elfs swarmed in and a big scrum followed and after a unlucky :skull: from Mamutas the road was open for us. Blitz with a WD and then 2+ PU and away we were. Mamutas could not catch up to us and thus it was a win in turn 14 or 15 for Afraid of the Dark:D

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
MD3 against Mamutas, We started in horrible ways, failing 4 x 2+ dodges and after opening 5 chests it was clear that the ball was in Mamutas end of the dungeon. He got it and passed it to his thrower and ran up the middle of the map and then all hell broke lose as the elfs swarmed in and a big scrum followed and after a unlucky :skull: from Mamutas the road was open for us. Blitz with a WD and then 2+ PU and away we were. Mamutas could not catch up to us and thus it was a win in turn 14 or 15 for Afraid of the Dark:D
All true. I was getting very close to the wall of Treemen to score and I had DR in the lead, so I thought my chances were OK. But unlucky :skull: stopped all that.

GG @Netsmurf!

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Dambusters lose to Afraid of the Dark because Wardancers are bs :p. Probably out of the playoffs now.
That was indeed a WD going crazy, stealing the ball from a gutter, then surviving a 2 dice blitz as it came up :skull::skull: and TS had to reroll a dodge to get to the WD, then a dodge a leap and two more dodges and 2 GFI later to score - Elf BS all the way

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
That was indeed a WD going crazy, stealing the ball from a gutter, then surviving a 2 dice blitz as it came up :skull::skull: and TS had to reroll a dodge to get to the WD, then a dodge a leap and two more dodges and 2 GFI later to score - Elf BS all the way
I love when I do that and it works, but really, really don't want to be on the receiving side.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
An entertaining match between me an mamutas.
He found the ball in the 1st chest he opened but was isolated from the rest of his team.
I was able to surf the ballcarrier and it the ball reappeared near his endzone.
My merc goblin then teleported to the same spot and just needed a pick up and GFI to score.
Failed the pick up.
That allowed mamutas to get the ball again.
However I had surfed another 2 guys and he failed a precarious position roll so I was blocking the path well and he had to risk a teleport.
It went near my endzone but not quite close enough to score. That enabled me to get back and I had more numbers so was eventually able to get the ball and run upfield with it.

Mamutas didn't know about the magic sponge so his KO'd thrower came back a few turns later than he should have but I don't think it would have made a difference.

The game was really won by me making and taking my surfing opportunities.