BC2 Season 4 : MD8 Results

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Indus

(Ging) Elite Copse 0 - 0 Cult of Tianlong (Filadeus)

With three loners in the squad we took on Filadeus's lizards. We chose to kick and it started raining, which would last the whole match.
A touchback saw the ball given to a rookie saurus, who held onto the ball for a few turns before one of my WDs leapt in and rolled a 2d-against :bothdown::bothdown:, down went the saurus but the ball stayed within the lizard TZs.
After that it got a bit messy and I can't remember exactly what happened, I think on the following turn we rolled double 1s early and the lizards got a bit further up the pitch before we managed another leaping blitz on the ball carrier, this time a 2d hit on a skink and the ball was stripped but caught by another saurus.
Looked like the lizards should score from here, but double skulls on their first block with no RRs left meant an instant turnover.
T8 saw a handoff attempt to the only lizard in range, another saurus, but it failed so 0-0 at HT.

2nd half we thankfully got our 3 KOs back, but then I made a mess of my first turn and things got a bit sticky for us after that.
Then my AG5 line elf on 11 SPP failed an end-of-turn dodge which I decided not to spend one of my two RRs on, and he rolled dead -> Apo -> dead. :mad:
To add insult to injury he was our only casualty and he also snagged the MVP.... which would've seen him level up... :rolleyes:
That's 2 MVPs lost on dead players in the last 2 weeks also. :(

Anyway, after that we failed some more dodges, the ball scattered out of play and into the lizard backfield, they were able to cover it and pick it up a couple of turns later.
We were able to hit the skink ball carrier, BH him and get a couple of TZs on the ball.
But then with only a couple of turns left neither team could make a crucial play and it stayed 0-0.

Thanks for the game Filadeus, it was a very tight game with the ball on the ground quite a bit. Good luck for the last game, and next season.

Looks like I may well be taking 4 loners into my final match of the season against the 1st place Humans, and still only 60k so not enough for another RR or even a replacement player.

Edit: not sure if the upload to Statsgrabber has worked successfully or not. It won't let me view the stats and keeps showing the "upload" button, when I re-open Statsgrabber.

Last edited:

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
The Desecrators (Ch) 1 - 2 Da Scarburg Allstarz (Orcs)
Nordland

This is the 3rd season in a row that I've had to play against Da Scarburg Allstars, with every game being a tough fought slogfest, this match was no different. I splashed out with my own gold to buy an extra apoc for the match, while @Colpicklejar used his 400k+ in inducements to get Ripper + a Wizard. It seemed like a poor investment at first, with ripper failing an early block on my minotaur, but Ripper won the battle of the Big Guys with my minotaur later rolling double skulls vs Ripper to injure himself (Miss next game).

Anyway, the first half started with The Orcs receiving the ball and moving it upfield with their str 4 blodge blitzer. I had a couple of 1d blocks vs them, and would have had some 2d blocks as well if my dodges were a little better, but couldn't knock it loose and they eventually ended up scoring on T7, giving me 2 turns to score myself.

I then rushed multiple goats upfield while protecting my agi 4 carrier, knowing they couldn't blitz them all, and my str 4 goats would be str 5 on the blitz, so could potentially blitz out of tacklezones if needed. Ripper failed a GFI I think (I was afk at the time) to thus not secure as many tacklezones as what the Orcs had intended, a costly mistake as I was then able to blitz off the marker from my extraarms goat, handoff the ball to him and with 1GFI he was able to score an equalizer to make it 1-1.

At this point I thought the game was won, or at the worst drawn, but my minotaur managed to roll double skulls while blocking ripper, injuring himself in the process, this allowed the Orcs to blitz through to secure the ball for themselves. The following turn I burnt a reroll on another set of double skulls and thus couldn't reroll the double pushes on their ball carrier, then also had to burn a reroll on a 3+ dodge the following turn so couldn't reroll another 2d neutral block, which then allowed the Orcs to score a TD, taking the score to 2-1.

I should have still been able to score an equalizer in the remaining 5 turns, but started losing players, and it wasn't long before it was 9v6, which simply made things too difficult.

All in all a good game, and with a bit of luck we'll both be able to face off again in Altdwarf next season (I think @Colpicklejar 's victory secured his promotion, while I'll also "probably" still qualify (At the very least, I can't be relegated).

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Hard Days Knight vs Number Nine 1-2

The Knights started out by killing a lino (apo saved to a short vacation) but finished by flubbing the pickup. Elves ran up one side, then one audacious elf picked up the ball in two tacklezones and while marked by them passed over those blitzers to get the ball to a dark elf behind a screen, calling out the wizard in turn two. Knights recovered the ball, but the makeshift cage collapsed immediately and the ball was spilled and once more stolen from a bad spot by the same elf who got into a makeshift cage of their own. Weathering a turn he then handed off to a marked lino who legged it in during turn three to open the game.

The Knights second attempt fared better, even if part of their success might be attributed to getting double skulls while blitzing the carrier in turn seven, after having gotten another pair of skulls earlier the same turn while opening the path. The oneturner was foiled on a perfect defence, but on the other hand Mighty Zug decided to call it a day then, so silver linings for the elves indeed.

On the Nine drive things looked iffy a while as double skulls kept eating the rerolls and setting back the ballhandling, but in the end lots of shenanigans meant there was a score in turn 15, and through some rotten blocks the Knights couldn't get through with more than one to the backfield who got wrestled down and that was game.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
Indus Division's Crimson Calamity (DE) VS the Ymmyrks of Clan Rigens (Skaven): 4-1 final score.

The rats performed well, but were ultimately outnumbered due to getting punched and kicked in the face too many times - And the Babe that they had purchased in the inducement phase was not worth her coin, as very few of the knockout players returned those whiskered cheese-chasers to the pitch over the duration of the match. When the rats managed to screen their ball-carrier, they scored a TD against me quite easily - But when my Dark Elves had control of the ball they held on to it well and passed it around plenty knowing that it was near impossible for the outnumbered rats to cover my players properly on both sides of the pitch.

Sadly, my friggin' MVP once again went to Tush "Wiggle" Bottoms - Without a doubt my best player and a large reason for the matches I've won this season, but also a huge sponge for eating up SPP overall. She's now sitting on 39 SPP whilst my second best player is at 19. Not good, considering her AV is only 7.

Many thanks to @Ilgoth for being such a good sport and great coach despite luck not being on his side this match. I hope you'll stick with the Skaven for next season, mate - They're only going to get better and better, my friend! :)

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Indus Division's Crimson Calamity (DE) VS the Ymmyrks of Clan Rigens (Skaven): 4-1 final score.

The report

Thanks Sataric!

Yeah I also did bad turn management during first half, I really wasn't concentrating enough on this one. Those early injuries didn't help, but my set-up for defense allowed you to do that. And failing to notice that dodge was just awful, pretty much gave you one extra goal. Also could have tried more peaceful touchdown during my last turns.

Have to just hope my TV isn't too much for the next season, or I will simply be destroyed by wizards on season 5 and re-rolling half dead rat team at the end of the season.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Sadly, my friggin' MVP once again went to Tush "Wiggle" Bottoms - Without a doubt my best player and a large reason for the matches I've won this season, but also a huge sponge for eating up SPP overall. She's now sitting on 39 SPP whilst my second best player is at 19. Not good, considering her AV is only 7.

She's also got more SPP than any of my witches up in Altdwarf. As well as nine more of my players, so she beats a full eleven of mine as well. (And of course every single player in St. Clouds "On the Scales" team)

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
Have to just hope my TV isn't too much for the next season, or I will simply be destroyed by wizards on season 5 and re-rolling half dead rat team at the end of the season.

Yeah, bit worried about that myself - It doesn't seem like a huge number of coaches are rerolling or quitting based on what I've seen in the decisions thread, so we might both remain in the bottom divisions and that could get ugly very fast. I'm buying another Blitzer (Or an Assassin!) soon I think and that will push my TV over the 1500 mark already. Thinking about firing one of my line-elves but the original plan was to let them die of natural causes and then replace them with better positionals, but they've been surprisingly sturdy so far. Always nice with at least one player as backup too, I think! Two preferably! So I'm not quite sure what the best move is from a technical standpoint, but I'll definitely never give up so long as I am having fun. Quitting isn't my style! I think you should only re-roll if you're not enjoying Skaven overall anymore as a team, and really want to try something new.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
She's also got more SPP than any of my witches up in Altdwarf. As well as nine more of my players, so she beats a full eleven of mine as well. (And of course every single player in St. Clouds "On the Scales" team)

Ouch, that's dangerous. Yeah - My other Witch Elf has 7 SPP so the difference is absolutely massive. I'll try to get as much use out of her as I can before her inevitable death though because she can be a real game-changer at this stage. Almost nobody I'm playing against has Tackle or Wrestle yet so she stays on her feet a lot, and because of her Side-Step she cannot be counter-surfed easily. But all it takes is one good punch to the face, a failed GFI, some double skulls, or a mass foul.. And then she's gone forever, and my team will be significantly weakened.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Nuln Division. Moon Shiners 2 : 0 Apple Turnovers

My Norse got back to winning ways and confirmed promotion with a well earned win over @Shadow. I took a bribe and 2 babes as inducements for the 190K TV difference. My DP had some fun, fouling off a few Elves in the 1st half including the scary MB Juggs Witch. We lost the ball on a snakeye dodge, some lucky dice saw a recovery to score on T8 and go in 1:0 at the half. 2nd half saw 7 Dark Elves line up vs 11 Norse and we soon had the ball back. A quad skull block attempt set me back a bit, but managed to score on my T16 to make it 2:0, Elves down to 1 or 2 players left on the pitch so nothing they could do to stop me. My rookie Ulf followed in the tradition of all my rookie Ulfs by getting injured and a -1 AV early game, so yet again is fired...other than that happy with the team. 6-1-1 in the league, 14-2-1 overall so not bad;).

NieA7

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
NieA7
Cyanide Username
Under7
Country Flag
2-2 between Lina's Chosen and Debaser's To-DoDoDoo List. The opening human drive made fairly slow progress without ever leaving a good shot for the wizard, though the carrier was both marked and downed on a couple of occasions. By turn 7 the undead had managed to pull apart the cage but doing so left a fairly easy route into the endzone, which To-DoDoDoo happily took. In return the necro managed to pull off a two turner to keep themselves in the game, thanks in no little part to some solid D6 when they were needed.

The humans broke armour on a very regular basis but never got anything better than a stun, while the Necro hardly broke armour all half but managed two KOs and an (apo'd) BH, leaving it 11 v 11 for the second half. The humans rolled a blitz and pressed heavily towards the ball, but the Necro recovered it and jinked round to the other side. The humans scrambled back for a couple of turns but never got the dice they needed, while the Necro never failed anything critical and finally ran it in on turn 11. The final drive started well for the humans hen a flesh golem got injured out, but some risky play left the carrier exposed once a lightning bolt cleared the way. Sadly a re-roll was needed to down the pesky catcher, making it impossible to recover the ball. After some scuffling the humans recovered and caged up in the corner, finally running it in on turn 16.

Solid game for the necro, with the non-levelled wight gaining a casualty and the wolf grabbing both TDs to level. The ghoul died in the previous match so my treasury is a lot thinner than it should be and his replacement is yet to gain any SPP, but we're getting there.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
Another loss for Game-of-Thorns 2-1 to the Not So Superheroes.

I lose on a 3+ dodge into 3 tackle zones, -3D block with strip ball to get the ball loose, followed by 4+ pickup.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Another loss for Game-of-Thorns 2-1 to the Not So Superheroes.

I lose on a 3+ dodge into 3 tackle zones, -3D block with strip ball to get the ball loose, followed by 4+ pickup.

4+ dodge. But even so, and even including the dodge away after the pickup, the entire turn was 40.5% likely to come off with the reroll available. That's more likely than many oneturning attempts. :eek:

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
4+ dodge. But even so, and even including the dodge away after the pickup, the entire turn was 40.5% likely to come off with the reroll available. That's more likely than many oneturning attempts. :eek:

I think it was a 3+ dodge? AG 5 and Two Heads. So you need a 2, you get +1 for the dodge, +1 for Two Heads, -3 for tackle zones, so a 3 will do it, no?

But it's really the bounce after the strip that was important. It could have bounced on to one of the cage corners, giving them a chance to possibly catch it, or have bounced somewhere that it would have been harder to retrieve. Very annoying.

ManBearPig

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
ManBearPig
Country Flag
Necromancing the Stone 2 - 0 Dank Soles

The werewolves were angry today. They have a fruitless season, and they took it out on @Genessius undead team. Nuffle really gave @Genessius a beating. Good game.

OverLORDY

Star Player
Steam Username
OverLORDY
Country Flag
I am currently owning my division. Seriously despite that one game where i got diced, every game i either managed to eke out win by outscoring, or get a player advantage early and outbashed the other team. Having a mighty blow+pile on combo plus copious amounts of guard really helped me secure games, plus good positioning.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I think it was a 3+ dodge? AG 5 and Two Heads. So you need a 2, you get +1 for the dodge, +1 for Two Heads, -3 for tackle zones, so a 3 will do it, no?

I couldn't see the +AG, but I was only looking through the external replay engine. Can't remember if it said 3 or 4 on the dodge.