BC2 Season 4 : MD8 Results

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
I am currently owning my division. Seriously despite that one game where i got diced, every game i either managed to eke out win by outscoring, or get a player advantage early and outbashed the other team. Having a mighty blow+pile on combo plus copious amounts of guard really helped me secure games, plus good positioning.

First, I hope you are not still thinking of rerolling the team; they are looking pretty good now. :)

Second, I hope Nuffle doesn't see this or you may be rerolling after next match. :skull::skull:

Lastly, you gonna upload your last match?

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
I couldn't see the +AG, but I was only looking through the external replay engine. Can't remember if it said 3 or 4 on the dodge.
Maybe it wasn't +AG, maybe it was +MV. That would make it a 4+ dodge. I still could have salvaged a tie or a win with a better bounce though. Or if my 2 GFI for a skillless 3D block on the die carrier hadn't failed.

OverLORDY

Star Player
Steam Username
OverLORDY
Country Flag
First, I hope you are not still thinking of rerolling the team; they are looking pretty good now. :)

Second, I hope Nuffle doesn't see this or you may be rerolling after next match. :skull::skull:

Lastly, you gonna upload your last match?

Uploading it now.

Also, i am still thinking of rerolling. Simply because humans are boring to play, and don't have potential to go far. They are better suited for a ladder environment where you get games around your TV range not perpetual league games.

I am considering either necro or chaos myself, if for nothing else, just to kill all the other chaos players.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Maybe it wasn't +AG, maybe it was +MV. That would make it a 4+ dodge. I still could have salvaged a tie or a win with a better bounce though. Or if my 2 GFI for a skillless 3D block on the die carrier hadn't failed.

Yea, I did see a +Move. But yea, the scatter was the wild card there. I think there was only that square and one other eqaully good, so only about 10% chance for the entire play as it were. (Other scatters would have been worse, except for scattering to the corner elf if he'd fail the catch)

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
Uploading it now.

Also, i am still thinking of rerolling. Simply because humans are boring to play, and don't have potential to go far [1]. They are better suited for a ladder environment where you get games around your TV range not perpetual league games.

I am considering either necro or chaos myself, if for nothing else, just to kill all the other chaos players.

[1] - Citation Needed.

OverLORDY

Star Player
Steam Username
OverLORDY
Country Flag
[1] - Citation Needed.

Basically, they can't commit to any role, reliably. Their main advantage comes that at equal TV, you can usually field players with more skills but that advantage peaks around 1550-1600 TV then starts to drop. In a perpetual league, top tier is mostly filled with high TV teams with coachs who know their stuff.

Plus, there will be tons of chaos murder teams since everyone is picking chaos. If am going to face lol-murder chaos, i at least want to be able to retaliate.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Then go Nurgle. A slower start, but one of the best teams to murder chaos (and everyone else) with.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
Basically, they can't commit to any role, reliably. Their main advantage comes that at equal TV, you can usually field players with more skills but that advantage peaks around 1550-1600 TV then starts to drop. In a perpetual league, top tier is mostly filled with high TV teams with coachs who know their stuff.

Plus, there will be tons of chaos murder teams since everyone is picking chaos. If am going to face lol-murder chaos, i at least want to be able to retaliate.

They may not be the strongest team around, but their Catchers are amazing and incredibly underrated - They are basically very similar to Gutter Runners just without whiskers yet nobody shows them any love. If you build a proper Thrower and play the team them much like Elves, their passing game can be extremely potent, and you still have decent movement speed and AV to not die with every single player in the same match. (Hopefully) I really feel like you don't need AGI 4 on every single player in order to thrive at the passing and hit-and-run game, and that the Ogre adds a lot of value to the team as well. However, the most important thing in Blood Bowl is to have fun, so if this sort of playstyle is not for you then I think you should reroll regardless of how strong the team may be - But I assure you that it's very possible to win the entire Big Crunch league as the humans, and that someone will most likely manage to do so one day!

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
Von Blitzers 1 - 0 Boneyard Drifters in Reikland. The score hides the true story of a injury fest for the Orcs inflicting a total of 7 cas on the Necros. 3 in turn two and 2 in turn 3 make my drive very easy and I score on turn 8. If it wasn't for regen saving 3 of the cas, the second half would have been a non event. However, @Mikko started the second half only 1 man down and to his credit turned it around within a few turns surfing a couple of my players. However I constantly hounded the ball carrier (a flesh golum, lucky catch from a scatter) and was able to slow the advance and stall things out and while taking out another couple of players, to even things up.

Well played Mikko, you did the best you could with the crappy dice you were given.

Genessius

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Uploading it now.

Also, i am still thinking of rerolling. Simply because humans are boring to play, and don't have potential to go far. They are better suited for a ladder environment where you get games around your TV range not perpetual league games.

If your rerolling expect all that luck to come back to bite you in the ass and make you lose alot, Never change a winning combination man,ur gonna regret it

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
Uploading it now.

Humans can go far, in another league I play in (NIL), a humans (and Brets) coach last year was consistently doing very well. Can't remember his eventual placing for the year, but vs 1800+ teams he was performing very well.

Also Chaos isn't as good as many people seem to think. As it doesn't start off with any tools in its toolbox, and although it's very competitive once you get to higher TVs, it's a hard road until you do. The stats linked above with win ratios for Chaos are a good example.

OverLORDY

Star Player
Steam Username
OverLORDY
Country Flag
To be honest, if i choose chaos, it would probably be to spite all the other chaos players for picking chaos. I would probably build a kill team and focus killing all the other chaos teams in the league rather than win.

Necro on the other hand is the fun option which i wanted to try in a league for a long time.

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
To be honest, if i choose chaos, it would probably be to spite all the other chaos players for picking chaos. I would probably build a kill team and focus killing all the other chaos teams in the league rather than win.

Necro on the other hand is the fun option which i wanted to try in a league for a long time.
If you actually look at the Chaos Teams in the top division, they are not your typical kill chaos, they actually have teams that are set up to try win every game.

Sir Stani

Veteran
Country Flag
Gods -O- War 4 - 0 Mouserat

The blue skins block/mb saurus was licking his lips before the start of this game, this was his chance to shine.. by the end of turn one he was out injured by a gang foul. This proved to be the only highlight for the skavens and from then on in it was a non-stop bashfest with the G-o-W able to score when and with whoever they wanting knocking up 4 injuries and a dozen KO's in a show of power not even coach Sir Stani had seen from his players. The 320k TV difference looked more like 600k despite Smashrips best efforts.