The "Should I fire this guy or not?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Wood elves play fine with inducements. Take solace in the fact that most bash teams would love a MA 7 AG4 loner :)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I dunno, but you should be able to build a while by buying catchers and replacement dancers whenever able.

Your skills do look pretty golden though, so the team could probably survive another season and see what happens.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Wood elves play fine with inducements. Take solace in the fact that most bash teams would love a MA 7 AG4 loner :)
True indeed.

I dunno, but you should be able to build a while by buying catchers and replacement dancers whenever able.

Your skills do look pretty golden though, so the team could probably survive another season and see what happens.
I think I will probably give it a go, hopefully we can make it through more games without injuries to my remaining players.

I'm going to have to face facts though, with 4 loners on the team, maybe more with inducements, then I'm going to be losing quite a few MVPs too, unless I'm lucky enough to have any spare cash at that point. o_O

Overloathe

Rookie
Country Flag
Hi guys
Goblin on a 1800 tv orc team, with Block and Sidestep. He learned SS during my last game.
I mainly use him for TTM emergency, occasional ballcarrier and for screwing around getting into the enemy lines.
I wonder if this 90k gobo should be fired, since he is not nearly as useful as any other 90k piece...

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I guess it depends where he is playing.
If you are being matched by TV it might be worth getting rid of him.
If it is a long term league then that extra 50K is basically a babe for the opponent or not one for you.
That is worth block on the goblin.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Although I am a huge fan of goblins. My opinion on basic goblins is they are at their best with no skills at all. There is plenty of skills they can get which are useful but I don't feel many add as much value than having more rookie goblins. (On a goblin team anyway, though ive been taking the same approach with my new Orc team as well.)

Personally if you get first doubles on a goblin again id recommend wrestle over block for those 2 dice against blitz into a cage with a semi reasonable chance of getting the ball loose. Doesn't make him any worse at TTM plays either since its either going to work or its not and block plays no role in it.

Valokiloren

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
ʋǟʟ
Cyanide Username
Valokiloren
Country Flag
Currently sitting on the following guys on my BC (BB1) Skaven squad:

Blitzer: Claw/ Mighty Blow/ Tackle; Niggle; MNG
Blitzer: Claw; Niggle; MNG
Gutter Runner: Block/+MV; Niggle
Linerat: Wrestle; Niggle
Linerat: Wrestle; Niggle; MNG

Figured that most if not all of them are worth keeping, with the possible exception of the Lvl 2 Claw Blitzer as it's just one double while the Linerats are just LOS-fodder already with Wrestle so a niggle isn't an issue, and the Lvl 4 Blitzer is a fair whack into development so might not be worth rehashing for simply a niggle while the +MV GR is unfireable until I get another one. Thoughts?

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
I'd fire the Linerats for sure, the faster your linerats leave the field the harder it is to protect the good guys.

I agree on the CLMB Vermin and +MV Runner, I'd keep them.

I am up in the air on the Lvl 2 Claw Vermin. On one hand a Claw Vermin is so important to Skaven, but you already have one. I would probably fire him now though, assuming you can afford to replace.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
@Valokiloren - I'm in complete agreement with Sbr32 regarding the Linerats. Although having Wrestle is nice, they simply aren't developed enough to be worth keeping with the Niggling injuries because I believe that with these injuries they'll now be taken off the pitch at approximately the same speed as an undeveloped Linerat anyways yet costing 20k more each and needing more SPP to potentially get a second skill. Besides, I've played Skaven enough recently to realize that perhaps the brand-new Linerats is more or less the best ones - Each skill they earn adds to your TV and I rarely find their increase in power to be worth the 'bloat'. What I would try to do is develop ONE Linerat to have perhaps Wrestle/Dodge/Strip Ball and ONE other to become a kicker and try to leave the rest at level 1 with 0 SPP. That said, I wouldn't fire a level 2 Linerat with Wrestle if he wasn't Niggled, but now it's really a no-brainer in my eyes. Your opinion may of course vary!

A Gutter Runner with Niggle, I think you can get away with. Especially if you have a stat increase on it already. With Block (and maybe Fend or Side-Step afterwards) they don't go down that often since they rarely end their turns in enemy tacklezones and are usually only Blitzed if carrying the ball. As for the Storm Vermin, since they both have Claw (Wow!) I'd keep them. Claw is HUGE for Storm Vermin, and if you replace your little fellas due to their Niggling injuries there's no guarantee your new ones would ever manage to get Claw at all. That's a gamble I definitely wouldn't take. Perhaps consider taking Dodge in case you get another set of Doubles to increase their survival chances, though - Unless every single opponent you meet has Tackle all over the place. And be very cautious with Piling On, of course.

Best of luck with your team, mate!

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I'd recycle the niggled claw vermin. With the other one serving as primary blitzer it's likely he'll die before you develop him properly, get a new one, no niggle, if he doesn't get claw he can get Jiggs and guards and other great support stuff.

Plum

Veteran
Country Flag
Heya all,

I have a Chaos Pact team about to end their season with a game against Undead. If I win this game I have a playoff game or two, so this will potentially impact 2-3 games. The current team set up is roughly:
All three renegades, Dark Elf (Leap), Skaven (unskilled) and Goblin (unskilled)
Troll and Ogre centrepieces, both with guard, and a Mino with Juggernaut.
Three frontline marauders, with block and guard
Two killer marauders, MB and claw
One ST4 ball carrying marauder

So 12 players, and every special available. My opponent will be about 200k lower in TV and I'm torn on whether to ditch the Minotaur ahead of the match. She does tend to soak up my blitzes and find herself out of position, but three Big Guys on the pitch is super fun, plus she doesn't lose tackle zones when wild, making her a reliable annoyance. On the other hand, at 170k she's basically giving a wizard or star player to the opposing team and a smart player will bait her away from the team and mark her with a rookie.

I've never played against Undead before and against a less bashy team I'd be more inclined to drop her. Do I need that extra muscle to go toe-to-toe with them? Or would I be better dropping her and picking up an extra rookie marauder? That would take the sting out of their inducements while still giving me a spare body.

Decisions, decisions :/

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
@Plum - Definitely wouldn't fire the Minotaur. You already have Juggernaut; Once you get Claw that player will destroy more of your opponents than anyone else on the pitch. Just don't use it for those "If this Blitz fails, I'm completely screwed" moments, but continue to let it have your Blitzes otherwise. With Claw, I reckon you'll be making at least 2-3 injuries per game on average with that player alone. Minotaurs are really quite underrated.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I think I'm one of those people who underrate minotaurs, they're a bit shit is my perspective since they're poor roadblocks (WA and AV 8) so you have to blitz with them but then they waste you blitzes and its very annoying. At the moment the mino is around 46.9% to break armour on an AV 8 player on a 2b blitz, while the marauders are less at 32.4 but remember that the mino will waste the blitz one time in 6 so it works out about even. The marauder can also get block which will make them much more effective against non block players and they are better candidates for PO since they don't have to blitz to reliably get up. So long term the maraduers are no doubt better blitzers than the mino. But if you're using your mino as a primary blitzer they'll never get there. I would be pushing for them to get developed, though in the short term the cow does have an edge.

That said, for this particular game the mino could be useful. Unless they have an agi 4 guy its not that easy for undead to capitalize on a wizard and with three big guys bullying their mummies they can really find themselves badly exposed. So I might keep for this game and fire next.

Valokiloren

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
ʋǟʟ
Cyanide Username
Valokiloren
Country Flag
RE: 5 Niggles

Took the advice of everyone and sacked my niggled Linerats straight up, before contemplating the Lvl 2 Blitzer situation. Since I was already replacing a GR though (straight up death from a BD due to not using Wrestle skill to force a turnover and having used my Apo to save a Blitzer from death to niggle earlier on), I decided to err on the side of caution and replace the Blitzer at the same time while I a) had the funds and b) had no cause to retain the services of a Claw Blitzer at a mere 8 SPP. I figure the next game ought to give me a chance to hopefully gain some SPP with said Blitzer and possibly gain a level up, and having a rookie Blitzer is preferable to no blitzer next week in case my opponent is another monster like a high TV Ogre team is. Cheers all.

Plum

Veteran
Country Flag
I dropped the mino which neutralized 210k of potential inducements, while still leaving me with 12 players. It felt like the right decision on paper but the game did not go well! Opponent rolled a blitz kickoff and by the end of my opening turn I was two players down. I never really got back into the game and with only nine players for most of the game, his speedy ghouls just ran rings around me - even with a full team I'd have struggled to contain his sprint-11 blodger. On top of that I needed a win, not a draw, so he was happy to just burn time and force me to take risks. Not sure a minotaur would have made any difference in the end either way :(

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
http://imgur.com/gallery/1bGHxT6

I've got a Guard Block Line elf for Delves with -AG and -AV. He has been playing for a while with the AG bust and doing good wok. That guard is super valuable. But he gets in base contact and stays there. And the AV bust means he's going to be getting KOd and injured on a regular bases, so he doesn't even make good LOS fodder. That said I have a lot of green line elves and the skills are handy to have.

Thoughts?

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
http://imgur.com/gallery/1bGHxT6

I've got a Guard Block Line elf for Delves with -AG and -AV. He has been playing for a while with the AG bust and doing good wok. That guard is super valuable. But he gets in base contact and stays there. And the AV bust means he's going to be getting KOd and injured on a regular bases, so he doesn't even make good LOS fodder. That said I have a lot of green line elves and the skills are handy to have.

Thoughts?

I'd keep him. Wood Elves, Norse, Skaven etc run at AV7 and do well. Block/Guard is still great on a lineman and a lot better than a rookie, even with the reduced AGI. Deny apothecary access early in the game to him but I'd only fire him if you manage to block/guard up another lineman or you really need to reduce TV for a match up.

Oh and on the plus side he can't be Clawed now!

Status
Not open for further replies.