TalkBloodBowl is shutting down!

MadBanker

Rookie
I've just read an announcement on TBB that they will be permanently shut down on november 8th 2009 on the request of Games Workshop... :eek:

Damn! I've posted there for years... :(

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Indeed will be a shame, might get busier over here instead though.

Patchwork

Rookie
Indeed will be a shame, might get busier over here instead though.

The news did get me to register over here. Also a potential plus is that I can come by this site when I'm at work, so I might be able to check the forum when it's slow!

Patchwork

Rookie
what was the games workshop justification/reason?

IP infringement I'm guessing?

The announcement on TBB said GW wanted TBB too;

Immediately cease and desist from any activity which infringes GW's intellectual property.
either remove remove your website or the reference to 'Blood Bowl' in your website name.
Remove the donations button from the page.
Confirm by return that you will not infringe GW's intellectual properly rights at any time in the future.

and because JohnnyP hardly ever goes by the site anymore and has other more important priorities then doing the work to jump through the hoops for GW, that it was time for him to let it go.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
sounds messy, as long as someone else cleans them up I don't mind

voyagersuk

Veteran
would you be up for taking some of the better tactics articles into your Database? or should we just start them again here?

Agamon

Rookie
I tried for over two years to get into that forum, but my app was never accepted. Good riddance, I say.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
would you be up for taking some of the better tactics articles into your Database? or should we just start them again here?

Well as you can probably see I'm doing a separate page for each individual breakdown of each aspect of the game. Coupled with real life and doing technical things behind the scenes it is going to take me a while.

So if you want to go ahead and post a thread outlining a whole race in one go then feel free to do so. I'm sure others will benefit from that info before I get their certain race done on the main site.

voyagersuk

Veteran
I tried for over two years to get into that forum, but my app was never accepted. Good riddance, I say.

Wow, mot feeling the love Agamon. as a moderator on that site I can tell you the Admin team did a fabulous job with what they had to work with.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Well my own account got activated by I still couldn't log in, just said you are tying to use an inactive or non existent account.

I'm sure I wasn't alone, the site was rather out of date in a bad state so it isn't all bad.

Agamon

Rookie
I can't really say one way or the other, all I know is, I and my whole TT league tried fruitlessly to get in, so you can understand what we think from our perspective. Personally, I'm more for open discussion at places like here.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Poke the ribs of your league mates to get them to sign up here as well!