Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
ZI5UrB3.jpg

The eastern part of Stirland, the province within the Empire of Men. Pfth. The province where black castles rest on their craggy peaks like ravens loom over the carcass. The castles that overwatch the unfertile farms and swamps, the hopeless and gory land of Wurthügel and its famous Dungeon of Flensburg. Where the shittiest filth of mankind reside, where you hear the sounds of flagellation and torture, the hollow screams of sanitarium - strenuos place that you call 'work'.

Rumours claim the bad blood between the residents and Halflings roam like an ogre on frenzy. Neighbourhood halflings disappear systematically - with no answer to the end of their story. Every other fortnight a big stage coach double dash through the gates of the dungeon and leaves the next morning - empty and slow.

Now the wardens made their next move, and have founded a blood bowl team - Wurthügel Wardens, and joined a league known as Big Crunch 2.

iIA2LRq.png

Started as:
4 Blitzers
2 Throwers
6 Linemen
3 RR
Apotechary
iIA2LRq.png

Retired roster:
6WmhqxW.jpg

Team Chant:
Draw the sport ouf my veins
Let out Wurthügel out of me
Let Wardens run golden and true
Let out blood bowl out of me

Bleed out the dross and the dead

Drive away the bad and the ugly
Divide the dreary undead

iIA2LRq.png

Match History

BC2 Season 6 - 3-1-5
match 1: 0-2 WIN against Kislev Rams
match 2: 1-2 LOSS against Uzkulak Oathbreakers
match 3: 1-0 LOSS against Uzkulak Razorfins
match 4: 2-3 LOSS against Glamband
match 5: 2-1 WIN against The Great Zardulus
match 6: 2-1 WIN against Tyranny of the Left
match 7: 1-1 DRAW against RebornUndeadians
match 8: 3-0 LOSS against Griffindork
match 9: 0-1 LOSS against Doing It For The Kill

BC2 Season 7 - 2-3-4
match 1: 2-2 DRAW against The Great Zardulus
match 2: 1-1 DRAW against Griffindork
match 3: 0-1 LOSS against 2 Namby 2 Pambies
match 4: 0-2 LOSS against Uzkulak Oathbreakers
match 5: 0-2 LOSS against Uzkulak Razorfins
match 6: 1-0 LOSS against 90's Mixed Tape
match 7: 2-0 WIN against Winter Walker's
match 8: 2-2 DRAW against Madness Ensues
match 9: 1-2 WIN against RebornUndeadians

BC2 Season 8 - 3-4-2
match 1: 1-1 DRAW against We need bigger Hats
match 2: 1-2 WIN against L'Anguilles Brood
match 3: 1-1 DRAW against Black Dynamite!
match 4: 2-1 WIN against The Great Zardulus
match 5: 2-0 LOSS against JungleFever
match 6: 2-2 DRAW against Quality Foods
match 7: 2-3 LOSS against Vermin Vendetta
match 8: 1-1 DRAW against Agonizing Demise
match 9: 1-2 WIN against Cadaverous Eagle-Owls

BC2 Season 9 - 3-0-6
match 1: 2-1 LOSS against Czech Beer Dwarves
match 2: 1-2 LOSS against Von Blitzers
match 3: 0-2 LOSS against Boring Ol' Orcs
match 4: 0-2 LOSS against K. Rool's Crew
match 5: 3-0 WIN against L'Anguille's Brood
match 6: 1-2 WIN against Black Dynamite!
match 7: 0-2 WIN against Pineforest Guardians
match 8: 2-0 LOSS against Bulls Metal Jacket
match 9: 1-3 LOSS against Vermin Vendetta

BC2 Season 10 - 3-1-5
match 1: 3-1 LOSS against Dont Panic!
match 2: 2-1 WIN against Soul Music
match 3: 1-1 DRAW against K. Rool's Crew
match 4: 2-0 WIN against Chaos Loose Cannons
match 5: 2-0 LOSS against Wulffsburg Medical
match 6: 2-4 LOSS against The Great Zardulus
match 7: 2-0 WIN against L' Anguille's Brood
match 8: 2-1 LOSS against Black Dynamite!
match 9: 2-1 LOSS against Carnival of Dirty Counts

iIA2LRq.png

HALL OF FAME:
utZZIxB.jpg

Jon Stagnoire was a star player of the team until his neck broke in his 13th game.
1vPAsz9.jpg

Jeor Stagnoire was a thriving force behind the Wardens success. Sadly in his 39th game he was killed by a black orc after heroicly going for the ball.
XBuclyR.jpg

Jorge Durahill started in the original line-up, and provided immense expertise in kicking the ball and tackling running opponents. After service of 4 seasons without any injuries suffered, his contract was ended during off-season during team reforming. He lives happily as potato farmer at the town of Wurthügel, where locals celebrate his legendary stories from the pitch.

vy9GGRG.jpg

Gregor the Rough served for long, and prior to the last game of Wardens' career, he was freed from his contract after small injury. His whereabouts are unknown, but he did mumble about joining another team...

Last edited:

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
This shows promise, good luck with the new team!

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
First match of the season has been played. Good start., sadly one lineman died.

JSsODCd.jpg

Indus division
zabuzahak1 -versus- Ilgoth
Chaos - Human

The first match of Season 6 was what a true blood bowl match is - bloody and eventful.

I won the toss, and decided to attack first. Everything was cool, I had my coffee cup next to me - I looked at the shrine of nuffle next to my bed. Life was good. Turn 1 I make 1D-block with lineman - he died. Glad to be back at the field. My drive was really lacking, and in all sorts of problems. For the first quarter of the game, I didnt get the ball to other side and I kept dodging with my ballcarrier. Then I managed to capitalize on unlucky turnover, and got through. I managed to cage the ball well, and ran the ball down without risks - touchdown on T7.

Second half I had two players less due death and KOs. Chaos took the risk of GFI into cage that failed, even after RR. From this event, Chaos struggled to pick-up the ball which was optimal for my defense. After all I was down on players, and I knew I would not win bashing game. After couple of 1D risks though, I got my defense in order and one of my linos dodged for ball picking and took the ball away from my end. The hero would be stunned in few seconds. Sadly for Chaos, ball picking kept failing and with another lucky ball bounce I got the ball and made risky pass on my turn 15 - successful and I scored 2nd time on last turn.

GG @zabuzahak1 and better luck next game!

# +90k treasury
# dead lineman
# MNG lineman
# niggling lineman
# bought a new lineman, so back to 12 players (MD2 I will have one journeyman)
# no level-ups, but in short - 5 players recieved 3-5 SPP.

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
I would call it two lineman dead, I would not play the niggled guy, don't want him getting your precious spp.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Been bit busy, forgot I had this thread...

Season been rather nice, 3-1-3 stats so far. Only bit of a drawback is my blitzers, I have lost three by
lvl2 blitzer dead
2x lvl1 blitzers kicked out after stat loss

I have been able to by new ones, so running all blitzers. Lucky MVPs have brought new guys to lvl2 as well. My current team looks like:

9PM5Puj.jpg

My ogre has 2 matches on his belt and he is under performing badly. Loads of boneheads, couple turnover tackles and no luck with mighty blow. Hopefully that changes in the future...

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
First season for the team done, funky 3-1-5 stats. All in all...
>lost three blitzers, one death and two kicked for niggle and -MA
>lost three linemen, one dead lvl 2, two linemen kicked out for niggle and -ST
>my Ogre doesnt inflict casualties (only stuns)
>season best was 6 consecutive 1's

Current team:
2MSSXPX.jpg

Not the worst though, but matches themselves didn't leave that great of a taste. Half of the MVPs been lucky, and have helped me upgrade blitzers regardless of losing so many. My runback has been producing steady amount of results, and quarterback have thrown some amazing passes, so guess my two-thrower set up is progressing to some level. Lets just hope that early into next season I wont suffer casualties on team corner stones.

Playing humans is fun though, I enjoy the versatility and possible tactics you can muster for the drives.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
o9CkF3M.jpg

A great match between two even teams/coaches, last season I took a win of 2-1 but this time we ended in a draw.

@YsengrinSC won the coin toss, picked offensive start and he made a pretty smooth run for TD in 3 turns (only thing bogging him down was first failed pick-up). Didn't have much say in it, also overlooked one rat on the right-side. I responded with steady cage walking, trusting I would outbash the rats. Not too much space around my cage, rats swarmed on all sides but two unlucky turnovers from the skaves gave me a chance to run for it and make a passing TD on my turn 8.

Going into the 2nd half, it starts with an injury event on my thrower but got lucky stun there. Again I put my money on slow bashing play, trying to control the time but have to say rats did even better job at squeezing me into a small box. My chance to advance came from another failed dodge turnover (rats didnt even stand up the downed players before this), so my cage moved towards left-side of the pitch. On the following turn, another failed dodge on GR followed by an injury made sure I would be getting my players to scoring zone. I decided to play some time, lost the ball once but managed to recover and play time one more turn prior to my second touchdown on T15.

I did very poor job on the set-up which allowed too much chances for rats to create possible passes and TD runners. Did my best to mark players but failed blitz kept one GR up who ended up catching a pass, dodging out and making the game even.
------------------------------------------------
Luwin Greyhoove scored and MVP, so +8SPP. Picked Dirty Player skill, after chat handholding me. :D:p
Jon Stagnoire caused an injury, +2SPP.
Jeor Stagnoire passed, +1SPP.
Grant Smuckknucle scored, +3SPP.

GG @YsengrinSC - I will be watching closely your teams performance this season. :) May we see next season as well.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
dMTfMNH.jpg

A tough match against @Gaudi High Elves. I was sure I would lose, but few crucial Nuffle's favours kept me away from losing.

Won the coin toss, and decided to defend first. My plan was to push elves into a fast score - beautiful plan but I forgot it after my first block. Didn't foul early on, even though having two bribes in my disposal. Some pushing and knocking, my blitzer got injured but saved by apotechary. Elves managed to get through, even though they lost a ball for a moment due failed pass. I had few turns to try and get even, but I had no chance in that after a sack and bad scatter for me (elves took the ball and threw it away enough).

Second half was my offensive, both teams got 11 players on pitch. I started it slowly, knowing I had all the time but made a huge mistake of parking my players densely which caused me huge issues. My drive was held around midfield, and ballcarrier got sacked. Luckily, I managed to get it back fast but my drive was chaotic at that point. To my luck, Gaudi made a daring GFI that failed with RR used and that opened up a chance for me to make evasing move towards other side. After a couple of turns and another turnover from elves, humans managed to run for a touchdown. Gaudi had two turns to make a score, but with blitz event and his ballcarrier's failed GFI confirmed the match to be 1-1 draw.
---------------------------------------------
Benjen Wolfhide (blitzer) +5SPP
Jeor Stagnoire (thrower) +1SPP
Tor Sheepleton (lineman) +2SPP
Detlaff Moatback (blitzer) +3SPP and a level, picked Tackle.
+40k in treasury, total of 110k.
---------------------------------------------

Season continues with statistics of 0-2-0.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
END SCREEN

Second High Elf team challenged the wardens of the town Wurthugel, and they gave a tough one.

I decided to kick the ball, and with perfect defense it all looked promising. Shamefully elves managed to remove my guard/tackle blitzer and soon followed with a lineman and KO on MP blitzer. With this, first half was fighting to keep my pieces up, but struggle was more than an uphill battle. @toastguy7 controlled the first half, through fist and time and scored on his T8.

For second half I got my blitzer back, which was huge since few turns into the half - he killed one line elf. My offense was building up slowly, but I didnt break through the elf lines (elves not failing one single dodge didnt help this). Towards the end I built a shameful set-up for pass-dodge-gfi TD, but my ballcarrier went down and T16 my SH thrower failed the recovery. Not too much to tell, uneventful game and I think we had just one turnover in the whole game (my failed pick-up on T16).

All in all bit sturdy and uneventful match. Better next time.
----------------------------------------

Benjen Wolfhide (blitzer) +2SPP, level up and picked +ST buff.
Luwin Greyhoove (lineman) +5SPP, level up and picked Dodge.
Jon Stagnoire (thrower) +1SPP.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
First third of second season has been rather good for the Wardens, team rocking with 0-2-1 stats and overall it has accumulated 33SPP in three matches, achieving average of 11SPP / game. At the same time, injuries have been only Badly Hurt and one MNG.

Team has rocked with 12 player roster until now, but I have decided to put some money into use; Balon Cripplecradle joins the team as rookie catcher, being the first catcher ever for Wardens. setting team roster to 13 players that was the original target for the ending of first season (lost blitzers kept me away from buying the first catcher). Will see if team coach has learnt anything with catcher tactics and placements, but the team looks forward to see the catcher success and bring even more versatile tactics to the table.

First three matches have been against agility teams, and in MD4 we will face chaos dwarves.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
fvNDoVY.jpg

My human team faced a well-developed Chaos Dwarves, coached by @TheSir

I started in defense, and I dare to say it went decently well without any greater losses (though 3KOs hurt a bit). I managed to isolate number of chorfs from the ball, and start push the cage towards my end without too many guys left to protect the carrier. Prior to the Chorf touchdown on T6, my +ST blitzer injured one chorf blocker out of the game.

Having three turns time to score, though being 2 guys less, I had my hopes up for a possible win here. I didn't manage to break through the defense, and on top of that bull centaur found a way for a sack. Then, first time in his career, (Ogre) Gregor the Rough decided to be useful and catched the ball. Not just that, but the he didnt go bone-head when handing it over! I managed to get the carrier (blitzer now) free for attempting a pass to a catcher but the pass failed with RR. Catcher would have had chance for TD with a dodge.

Time for second half and I got two of my KOs back now, so numbers looked more even. Sadly Blitz event ruined plans for my offense, and pretty much things snowballed from there. Not finding any open windows, no successful blocks here and I suffered two casualties early into the half. One was Catcher taking -AG, which I decided to avoid with Apo --> MNG. Sadly, this meant that later on towards the game my star player thrower got hurt --> -AG and career-ending injury.

Lost the ball, Chorfs controlled and made 2nd touchdown on T16.
----------------------------------------------------
Result breakdown for Wardens.

+20K Treasury
Gregor the Rough +5SPP (mvp).
Benjen Wolfhide +2SPP (inflicted cas).
Balon Cripplecraddle injured ---> MNG.
Jon Stagnoire injured --->-AG and career ends.:(:(:(

utZZIxB.jpg

Jon Stagnoire was a star player of the team until his neck broke in his 13th game.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
8G8PbnE.jpg

Match from Nuln, where my humans faced @Bainsy 's Chaos.
I had 1x bribe and 1x keg babe as inducements

Won the toss and went for offense first this time. I managed to take the ball close to LoS and took some basic bashing in the middle. Being in bit of a luck, I managed to stun couple of players (foul on minotaur) during the first few turns while ball stayed safe. From there I saw a chance in isolating couple of Chaos Warriors on the sides, and with luck on my bashes - it succeeded. One of my blitzes ended as niggling injury on one of the warriors, which Bainsy decided to save with Apoc - failed and Bainsy picked death. On the following turn, one beastman took MNG and defense seemed to crumble under the small biceps of humans. I took a risk play, and offered my half-vampiric blitzer wide in the open who would soon take 4 chaos players on him for tackling and fouling. This and earlier removals opened a solid chance for me to break through for a touchdown on my turn 7 - price being my offering became KO (who would come back right away).

Being down two players, offensive drive for Chaos would be rather difficult. Nuffle giving love again, another chaos warrior died as a result of failed block on turn 9. Not only that, but gave a gap to pressure ball right from the go. On the following turns, chaos caged up and did its best to protect the ball but numbers and isolation of remaining warriors meant the cage being torn open. With a small mistake on my part, chaos got through and its carrier run towards TD zone with minotaur being the only protection. With successful blocks I got four guys on the two while other chaos players were unable to help. Ball carrier making the blitz and dodge, still going away and seemed Bainsy was gonna get the game tied. But this came to an end with my half-vampire coming in for blitz, and also snatching the ball while ball carrier took the dirt. Having three turns left, I managed to move the ball for my catcher who would make the game end in a win of 2-0.

One level up, my 4th blitzer got Mighty Plow.