Not open for further replies.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
I think we're all agreed BBT has 8 places ;)

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Yeah, it seems like 8 places are fair, that should be correct for the active number of coaches we have here.

I have also counted that we have something about 8 volunteers but I expect that some would be willing to give it a shot.

So, we should figure out how we should pick the best. I see two options here:
1. We do the tournament, all volunteers apply to play, the best 8 would go. Only coaches who had previously played in BBT competitions and had not been kicked out or otherwise misbehaved.
2. We ask current active coaches to submit their nominations, I'd say 3 per coach to @Coach and the top 8 nominations would go.

I'd like to participate myself. I am surely not the top coach, but I am a good sport none the less.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Yeah I think places for organisers like Coach, CJB, Mamutas and Ilgoth could perhaps be prioritised if they want them.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
This discussion has died out somehow, but I don't think we have that much time. So, I am taking a liberty to enumerate those here who has shown in interest in participation.
If you want to be added to or removed from that list - post here.

The current list is:
  1. @Street - Goblins - Team "Stunty"
  2. @cjblackburn - Ogres - Team "Stunty"
  3. @TravelScrabble - Underworld - Team "Stunty"
  4. @Jeliel - DElfs or Chorfs - Team "Grindy"
  5. @Ravers - Khemri - Team "Grindy"
  6. @St Cloud - Kislev - Team "Stunty"
  7. @Regor - Woodies or Lizzies - Team "Grindy"
  8. @mamutas - Amazons - Team "Grindy"
-------------------------------
  1. @Veggente85 - Woodies

Last edited:

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Makes sense no need to complicate matters. There are a number of things we do need to sort. As it is 2 groups of 4 we will need to split into 2 teams. I suggest a hardcore team and a fun/Stunty team. As we have at least two coaches who are seriously considering stunty teams (@Street and muggins) it would be a shame if we got put in with coaches who were going after the big prize.

Also if you are picking inducements (bribes and the like) we need to let Cerumol know early.

Valdac

Star Player
Steam Username
Sunulael
Cyanide Username
Valdac
Country Flag
Another thing that can be taken into consideration is the race that each coach wants to play. That way, if two some of them overlap, they can be put into different teams.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
So it isn't really explained in the rules, how and where would we submit our teams?

I already worked out in my head a 1050 TV starting roster of the 1150 stutnies can spend. So that would give me 2 goblin priced bribes as incudements to go with the team.

Edit: Should point out this isn't me getting ahead of myself on putting my team in early or saying I certainly have a spot. Just in response to CJ saying we need to let them know sooner rather than later if we plan to have inducements.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I'm Ogres or possibly Brets (as they look quite handy in this format) but probably Ogres.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I had updated the list with possible team choices. I like the idea of splitting into two groups: normal and stunty (assuming there will be enough interest for stunties).

But now, @Veggente85 made the list of 9. o_O
which throws the things off a bit...

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I don't know if it is needed or anything, but we can always put Veggente85 as a reserve?

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
I personally don't mind dropping my spot for anyone else if needed, I can't be sure of my avalibility for when this happens due to the exact release date not really being known.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Do we have enough people who want to go for the overall team trophy to make it worthwhile splitting between hardcore and fun?

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
The issue I see with holding a tournament to "battle it out for the spots" is that this Legendary Invitational will be held around the time LE is released, meaning we'd have to hold the tournament for the spots prior to that, and that means certain coaches could not pick the team/race that they actually want to play in the Invitational since those 8 teams are currently missing in BB2. For example, Street would have to qualify with a non-goblin team even though it's goblins that he wishes to play in the Invitational, and that he is most comfortable with.

Because of this, I think simply selecting 8 coaches that would represent the site well is wiser. Those who wish to play could volunteer, we put them all on a list (as already done above), and then we can vote on those coaches if there's more than 8 that's really itching to participate. Personally I think the list you guys have already put together looks pretty solid though. :D I will definitely be watching this tournament closely. Expecting some really high caliber matches!

Status
Not open for further replies.