Decision Thread for Season 3

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
We're on to the last match week of Season 2, so please decide soon if you wish to continue playing in Season Three. If we can get everybody's decision in by the time the match week is over (around November 7), we can hopefully get Season 3 started up with just one week in between seasons.

As usual, please post if you are:
1. Continuing with the same team
2. Rerolling with a new team
3. Taking a rest

Division 1:
JasperasaurusRex - 1
Ravers - 1
Deithwen - 1

Division 2A:
Mamutas - 1
gnoccop - 1
Regor - 1
LloydsGamble - 1

Division 2B:
riffCannon - 1
sbr32 - 1
goatee - 1
Zoraster - 1

Division 3A:
Korrova - 1
VulpesInculta - 2

Division 3B:
mynimo1 - 1
Znarx - 1
YsengrinSC - 2

Division 4A:
Sataric - 1

Last edited:

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag

Imma stick around for at least 1 more season, but I am doubting the viability of gobbos in this format.

It was a bit of a fluke i started off in T2. Now as I start to lose, as goblins do, I will end up in the lower (lowest) tiers. Assuming this ends up like the BC that means I will likely end up going against mostly newer teams thus getting little in inducements. While big inducements are not necessarily required to win it is a lot of the fun.

Deithwen

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Deithwen
Cyanide Username
Deithwen
Country Flag
Other people in our division are so brave so I have no choice but to continue whatever happens in MD3.

Last edited:

Zoraster

Super Star Player
Country Flag
1. Don't know if I've just got used to it enough to tune it out but barely heard the annoying ambient sounds the last couple of games.

Imma stick around for at least 1 more season, but I am doubting the viability of gobbos in this format.

It was a bit of a fluke i started off in T2. Now as I start to lose, as goblins do, I will end up in the lower (lowest) tiers. Assuming this ends up like the BC that means I will likely end up going against mostly newer teams thus getting little in inducements. While big inducements are not necessarily required to win it is a lot of the fun.

I played 'flings in the Divisions of Death for some time and never had an issue with this. Granted it was in the heyday of a very deep structure (typically circa 25 divisions at the time) but if anything the main admin problem we had was the vast TV disparity in the bottom tier putting newcomers off. The fluid nature of the format meant there was nearly always at least one high TV team even at the foot of the pyramid, let alone mid-level.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
I played 'flings in the Divisions of Death for some time and never had an issue with this. Granted it was in the heyday of a very deep structure (typically circa 25 divisions at the time) but if anything the main admin problem we had was the vast TV disparity in the bottom tier putting newcomers off. The fluid nature of the format meant there was nearly always at least one high TV team even at the foot of the pyramid, let alone mid-level.

I hope you are right. I want to continue with the team but always playing against 1000TV newly created teams doesn't seem very interesting to me.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
I hope you are right. I want to continue with the team but always playing against 1000TV newly created teams doesn't seem very interesting to me.

I can confirm from experience that goblins are playable when not getting inducements, against rookie trams they have so few block and tackle you don't generally sustain too many casualties. I got a top 4 of 10 finish in the same situation in big crunch 1 I believe.

YsengrinSC

Courier Staff
Steam Username
YsengrinSC
Country Flag
2- I wanted to try 'flings, but I need to think of a team (and puns). I'll get that sorted out by tomorrow.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
3 - I'm going to skip a season, but might be back for the next one! I'm in Division 4A.

VulpesInculta

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Marlins000
Country Flag
2. 5 deaths including 2 chaos warriors. 3 losses no wins. Last game had 5 loners. Please let me RR