Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
First race of test season 2!

Cockpit only footage, but now you see it just as I did - and you can see how I change brake balance throughout the track like a pro. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Test season 2:
Point Race 1: Suzuka Gr4 - P6 --> P3, Giving me 351 ranking points. After first day, my worldwide rank is 28th out of 374.

If interested in, I decided to grab my best practice lap as a replay. If only I was good enough to produce these laps throughout the race.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I absolutely hate this track, I wet my diapers everytime when I go through the downhill section...

It's funky that I don't even have to overtake to increase position, just gotta avoid doing big mistakes early on and you most of the time go further.

Test season 2:
Point Race 1: Suzuka Gr4 - P6 --> P3, Giving me 351 ranking points. After first day, my worldwide rank is 28th out of 374.
Point Race 2: Mount Panorama Gr3 - P5 --> P3, Giving me 491 ranking points. After second day, my worldwide rank is 25th out of 1144.

Last edited:

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Third race of the season went real well, I just wont upload it since it is really uneventful for me. I qualified as 2nd, losing 0.8 seconds to the pole. Race started, guy in front made mistakes on first lap but I couldn't get pass. I was being followed real close until during lap 3 the guy behind me spun, and from there I just drove alone while the guy in lead escaped. Ended P2.

Test season 2:
Point Race 2: Mount Panorama Gr3 - P5 --> P3, Giving me 491 ranking points. After second day, my worldwide rank is 25th out of 1144.
Point Race 3: Willow Race track Gr4 - P2 --> P2, Giving me 528 ranking points. After third day, my worldwide rank is 11th of 1378
Point Race 4: Did not participate. After fourth day, my worldwide rank is 12th of 1532.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Thank you! Getting nice consistent results this season.

Today Im gonna race in Alsace Village, and it will be a night race! Should look great on replay. :D

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I finally got the game yesterday night and put 6 hours in it already. I was going through the "learning" part of the campaign and when it got intermediate level, it got increasingly challenging.
1st row - all gold, 2nd row - gold and 2 silver, 3rd - 2 silver and bronze, 4th - I can barely get bronze their after multiple tries.

Going to try the multiplayer soon, but I feel absolutely not ready yet.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I finally got the game yesterday night and put 6 hours in it already. I was going through the "learning" part of the campaign and when it got intermediate level, it got increasingly challenging.
1st row - all gold, 2nd row - gold and 2 silver, 3rd - 2 silver and bronze, 4th - I can barely get bronze their after multiple tries.

Going to try the multiplayer soon, but I feel absolutely not ready yet.

Yeah difficulty level flactuates throughout the driving school! I think I got all gold except four silvers after some grinding. Two of the silvers are in rally...

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Yeah difficulty level flactuates throughout the driving school! I think I got all gold except four silvers after some grinding. Two of the silvers are in rally...
Oh that is awesome.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I guess my theme of Mr. Consistency was destined to end some day.

Night race at Alsace Village. Qualification went real well, and I was 2nd fastest - only losing 0,042 seconds to the pole. Everything looked great, but my first lap was bit of a struggle as you will see from the vid. But my race ended in lap 2 (thus video also short), and from there I was just annoyed and strolled my way to finish as P5. I was tackled two more times during the race, otherwise could have gotten back to P3. Dirtiest race so far in official cups.

Test season 2:
Point Race 3: Willow Race track Gr4 - P2 --> P2, Giving me 528 ranking points. After third day, my worldwide rank is 11th of 1378
Point Race 4: Did not participate. After fourth day, my worldwide rank is 12th of 1532.
Point Race 5: Alsace Village Gr3 - P2 --> P5, Giving me 449 ranking points. After fifth day, my worldwide rank is 9th of 1541.
Point Race 6: Did not participate. At this point, worldwide rank 26th of 1611.
Point Race 7: Did not participate.

Final placement of Test Season 2 - 33th.

I guess it is good to point out that regardless of losing three positions in the race, game still gave me good amount of ranking points (more than in Race 1 where I gained positions). The ranking system seems to be rather deep, and game understands when the end result was greatly affected by someone else. So far it feels good and fair. I like the fact that only three best performances form your total point count, this way you dont have to participate in all races OR you can try to improve after one race goes sideways.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Good show. You are doing awesome, you should be proud of these achievements. I found the game quite difficult by itself and it gets even more so when you are competing against other people.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Yeah, those are awesome additions!

I wish the game also tell me how to squeeze 2 seconds from that circle race with the GTI. I am going on full throttle all the time...

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Yeah, those are awesome additions!

I wish the game also tell me how to squeeze 2 seconds from that circle race with the GTI. I am going on full throttle all the time...

Hmm a level in driving school? Which one?

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Hmm a level in driving school? Which one?
No, that was a daily one-maker race. It was a circle track, with all GTIs. My best was 22.5xxx, but there were cars that were making it in 20.xxx. I was pushing throttle all the time and was going through the same trajectory as the other guys. I can't understand why my time so much worse, the same cars, with no mods and anything.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
No, that was a daily one-maker race. It was a circle track, with all GTIs. My best was 22.5xxx, but there were cars that were making it in 20.xxx. I was pushing throttle all the time and was going through the same trajectory as the other guys. I can't understand why my time so much worse, the same cars, with no mods and anything.

When you go to car settings while in a track menu, have you leveled power and weight reduction to lvl 3 (max) ?? Those two big circles almost as first thing in the middle.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
My first online race with driving manual gears, one clear mistake with gears and it ruined the result. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Still need some practice before can do it in Manifacturer Cup.

Also @mamutas pay attention to my lap 3 overtake on the last corner. The whole sequence started few turns before the actual overtake, you can tell how I force him into a mistake.

Last edited:

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
When you go to car settings while in a track menu, have you leveled power and weight reduction to lvl 3 (max) ?? Those two big circles almost as first thing in the middle.
I don't think it is possible to do that in one-make races, are you sure?

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
My first online race with driving manual gears, one clear mistake with gears and it ruined the result. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Still need some practice before can do it in Manifacturer Cup.
Oh, you came in so close until the very end where 3 of them overtook you.
Man, I got to tell, you got skillz! I am still trying to figure out the game. I am on last "mission" in driving school and my best time is 10 seconds worse than yours, not even enough to qualify for the bronze. I am making mistakes still, but even on my best run, I can't beat it. :(

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I don't think it is possible to do that in one-make races, are you sure?

I drove one-make race today (the vid I posted) and for that I was able to level up the car.:confused: Don't know if there is some details we don't know.

Oh, you came in so close until the very end where 3 of them overtook you.
Man, I got to tell, you got skillz! I am still trying to figure out the game. I am on last "mission" in driving school and my best time is 10 seconds worse than yours, not even enough to qualify for the bronze. I am making mistakes still, but even on my best run, I can't beat it. :(

Thanks! I could see if I have time tomorrow to re-do that one and post a replay for your aid.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I drove one-make race today (the vid I posted) and for that I was able to level up the car.:confused: Don't know if there is some details we don't know.
Hmm, interesting... I'll look again next time I play a daily race. It might be depending on other settings, but unlikely...
Thanks! I could see if I have time tomorrow to re-do that one and post a replay for your aid.
Yeah, that would be awesome. I'll record mine too.