Rules Getting three dice against big guys?

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I looked in the BB Competition Rules but couldn't find a straight answer, and though it doesn't come up very often in-game, I thought it'd be fun to know:

Can assists raise a player's ST above the maximum of 10 during a block?

For example: Will my Treeman (ST 6) with five assists reach ST 11 in order to get three block dice against say, a Troll?

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I looked in the BB Competition Rules but couldn't find a straight answer, and though it doesn't come up very often in-game, I thought it'd be fun to know:

Can assists raise a player's ST above the maximum of 10 during a block?

For example: Will my Treeman (ST 6) with five assists reach ST 11 in order to get three block dice against say, a Troll?
Of course You can. Why not? The "maximum of 10" rule only applies to players' natural stats.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Bonus info - Maximum strenght of any player in the game would be 9 and that would be one heck of a deathroller:powdodge:

Country Flag
Just need to wait for Underworld to get a fanatic with mutation access. Then it would be 7 +st +st Horns. Even though it would never blitz because it can only make a move action.

Cancel my thread.

But now I have hijacked it, think a about a Underworld Fanatic, with tentacles, stand firm and block. Talk about stopping any cage :)

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Of course You can. Why not? The "maximum of 10" rule only applies to players' natural stats.

Thanks, I figured as much, but I was unsure because of how it is worded in the BBCR:

"These extra players add +1 to the Strength of the player they are assisting."
Assisting a block, pg. 21

"No characteristic may ever be increased by more than 2 points over its starting value or to a value greater than 10."
Imporvement rolls, pg. 26

I realize how dumb it was now, however, since if it worked in this way, no player would ever be able to get more than two assists on a block.

I kinda like the discussion the thread sparked though, and now I kinda want to grind a Dwarf team with a Death Roller on BBLE :)

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Just need to wait for Underworld to get a fanatic with mutation access. Then it would be 7 +st +st Horns. Even though it would never blitz because it can only make a move action.

Cancel my thread.

But now I have hijacked it, think a about a Underworld Fanatic, with tentacles, stand firm and block. Talk about stopping any cage :)
Underworld teams don't get the Fanatic!