Not open for further replies.

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
I've never actually tried leader on a team, and from principal am really against it. I only really like it on teams with 70k TV RRs and even then I'd hesitate. When you need ALL your RRs typically things are not going your way. When things aren't going my way I'm typically down players. I don't want to have my AV7 no Regen or APO player sitting in the fucking injury box when I 1/6 the GFI for a TD and am out of RRs.

My RRs aren't there for when things are going good to give me a TV edge. They're there as a safety net for when things go BAD.

Regor

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I've never actually tried leader on a team, and from principal am really against it. I only really like it on teams with 70k TV RRs and even then I'd hesitate. When you need ALL your RRs typically things are not going your way. When things aren't going my way I'm typically down players. I don't want to have my AV7 no Regen or APO player sitting in the fucking injury box when I 1/6 the GFI for a TD and am out of RRs.

My RRs aren't there for when things are going good to give me a TV edge. They're there as a safety net for when things go BAD.
yeah i can see the point, i will go for the guard, was a good argument from Tys, didn't thought about when my BC is marked

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag

leader rr always gets used first so it's not as bad as you think though you do need them to survive first half.

Mithras

Rookie
Country Flag
Wood Elf tree with Grab, Guard and +MV has rolled a normal. Sensible pick would be Break Tackle me thinks? Part of me is really tempted to pick Piling On though, a piling on tree would be hella cool :cool: With the +MV standing up won't be a problem, but is it worth it?

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
One for my OCC team, my Blodge, Guard goat has rolled a normal. He was originally a utility beast but when he got dodge he turned into my second carrier. I think the choice is probably between Extra arm, Two Heads and Tackle (I'm probably leaning Two Heads), but wondered what everyone else thought. Here's the rest of the team, as you see it's got a decent amount of kill but is still building up the anti-elf skills.

LethalWeaPOMB.png

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
The main job of the tree is to get in the way and deny the opponent space. He can't do that if he piles on.
Break tackle is risky but there are times when you need to reposition.
What are your opponents like? If they have a lot of dirty players then putting the tree on the ground is a bad idea.
Also if multiple teams have 3 stand firm players then juggs is an option to enable the 1 turn TD.

As for the blodge guard goat. I agree with 2 heads.

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
The main job of the tree is to get in the way and deny the opponent space. He can't do that if he piles on.
Break tackle is risky but there are times when you need to reposition.
What are your opponents like? If they have a lot of dirty players then putting the tree on the ground is a bad idea.
Also if multiple teams have 3 stand firm players then juggs is an option to enable the 1 turn TD.

As for the blodge guard goat. I agree with 2 heads.
Can't PO be used to after the tree takes root to free him up again? If it can that'd be the only reason I'd PO.

James Rye

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
James Rye
Country Flag
My Skink got a 12, it is his first level up. Should I take the Str or get the block like I intended to do in the first place?

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
Can't PO be used to after the tree takes root to free him up again? If it can that'd be the only reason I'd PO.
I don't think so. The rules say that a player that has taken root may not use any skill that causes him to leave his current square or be placed prone. So a rooted treeman can't use Diving Tackle or Piling On. I think you can choose not to use Block in order to get blocked down, but I think you can't use Wrestle.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
My Skink got a 12, it is his first level up. Should I take the Str or get the block like I intended to do in the first place?

I think block is more useful than ST. But if you roll another double then ST is the right choice. So to quote Clint

You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya Punk

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
Right one of those disgusting conundrums. Agi gutter runner in my OCC team rolled 12 for second level. My plan for him had been as super sacker so strength arguably golden. He's 21 spp so can take wrestle soon hopefully. But it does delay all those other skills (tackle, strip ball, horns, etc).

Here is the team:
http://www.bb2leaguemanager.com/Leaderboard/team_detail.php?team_id=1152951&community_id=1

This remember me of my agi wood elf catcher who got a +1mov as a second level up. He's death on a both down.

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
If there’s ever a situation to go for the greed play it’s probably now - early in the season so plenty of time to get wrackle on it. How are your next few opponent TVs looking and do you think you can get away without wrestle for a game or two?

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
This remember me of my agi wood elf catcher who got a +1mov as a second level up. He's death on a both down.
On the other hand, I once I had a LineElf with Kick. He then proceeded to get +AG, +ST, +ST, and and that ST 5 AG 5 monster helped me win or tie in otherwise impossible situations more times than I can remember. He's dead now, but he was glorious while he lasted.

I would absoluetly take the Strength.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
And you would have to be crazy to take it on a snotling.
However on an AG5 gutter runner I would take it.
He needs some skills but with wrestle , tackle and horns he is a player that can win games on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.