World Cup 2018 - BBTactics Qualifiers - Rules

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Before going to the rules, please note that exact timeline of our qualifiers will be shared later. It is safe to assume that we won't be setting up before official starting day of World Cup 2018, that is April 4th.

We still do not know amount of tickets given.

BBT-Qualifiers ruleset.

We will use double elimination format. The losers of week 1 will form the other bracket, and continue in the competition. Once a coach has lost two games, he is out of the qualifiers.

In-game competition ruleset.
# Resurrection format
# 4minute turns, kick-off events enabled
# Overtime and penalties enabled in all games
# Inducements are enabled BUT - only tier 3 races are allowed to use them
# We do not allow stadium upgrades.

Team creation guidelines.

Steps to create a team.
# Use custom team feature, and create a team with maximum Team Value of 1100, with at least 11 players rostered.
# Based on your race, you add skills to your team. Each player on your team can only receive one additional skill.
# No stat-buff instead of a double.

Races into tiers.
  1. Amazon, Bretonnian, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Lizardmen, Norse, Orc, Skaven, Undead, Wood Elf (5 normal skills, 1 double)
  2. Chaos, Elf Union, High Elf, Human, Khemri, Kislev, Necromantic, Nurgle, Underworld, Vampire (6 normal skills, 1 double)
  3. Goblin, Halfling, Ogre (6 normal skills, 2 doubles)

# Team must have a minimum value of 1230. :powdodge: Tier 3 races are exception to this, they can be less.
# For races of Tier 1 and 2; you must allocate all the skills to your team. For example, if your race gets 5 normals and a double, you must pick 5 normals and a double. No shortages.

Hopefully it is all clear ladies and gentlemen. Feel free to ask.

- Ilgoth & rest of the staff

Last edited:

Mynimo1

Super Star Player
Steam Username
mynimo6
Cyanide Username
Mynimo1
Country Flag
no...must use 5 normals and 1 double if picking tier 1.

# For races of Tier 1 and 2; you must allocate all the skills to your team. For example, if your race gets 5 normals and a double, you must pick 5 normals and a double. No shortages.

Last edited:

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Can I clarify that adding maximum size stadium when making your team is ok? No enhancement added obviously but the huge stadiums look good!

FemurMuertez

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
FemurMuertez
Cyanide Username
FemurMuertez
Country Flag
Since I'm new to resurrection format I have to ask:
Is there going to be any kind of spp progress / any extra skills given later on?
Just double checking to make sure that my humies are up to it...:D

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Since I'm new to resurrection format I have to ask:
Is there going to be any kind of spp progress / any extra skills given later on?
Just double checking to make sure that my humies are up to it...:D
No - your starting lineup is the same the entire qualifier.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Can I clarify that adding maximum size stadium when making your team is ok? No enhancement added obviously but the huge stadiums look good!

Don't see why not, I've remembered to max out my stadium;).

Swuul

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Swuul
Cyanide Username
Swuul
Country Flag
Just remember your team-value has to be at least 1230 unless a tier 3 team. Stadium upgrades don't affect team-value.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Just remember your team-value has to be at least 1230 unless a tier 3 team. Stadium upgrades don't affect team-value.
Yep you have infinite cash when making a custom team

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Upgrades are OK. Enhancements are not allowed.

Swuul

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Swuul
Cyanide Username
Swuul
Country Flag
I am going to be in reservist training in mid-May, and I won't be able to play any matches then. So depending on what the match-week is like, and the schedule of my opponent (all this assuming I haven't already lost two matches by then :) ), it is quite likely I would have to use a replacement coach. The question: Is it ok to use a replacement coach, or is it an automatic bye if schedules don't match due to my limited availability?

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I am going to be in reservist training in mid-May, and I won't be able to play any matches then. So depending on what the match-week is like, and the schedule of my opponent (all this assuming I haven't already lost two matches by then :) ), it is quite likely I would have to use a replacement coach. The question: Is it ok to use a replacement coach, or is it an automatic bye if schedules don't match due to my limited availability?
I don't think from the admin side we can see whether it was you who played, or your brother (or sister). So, if there is someone who can roll the dice for you, then your team is in the competition. ;)
Although, we sure appreciate the disclosure here.:)

FatZomby

Star Player
Steam Username
FatZomby
Cyanide Username
FatZomby
Country Flag
I was looking to see if there was any stipulations in regards to previous playing time in BBtactics so that I can sign up for this.

I can tell you already that I have not played in a bbtactics league yet. I already have a team signed up for playing in this league in what looks like your normal format.

Can I still participate in your WC Qualifiers?